What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Duke / Zion Williamson...money, benefits, favors (1 Viewer)

Duke and Kansas going down for improper benefits would be amazing...Now if only NC was added. Of course it was already proven giving away a NC diploma isn't really a benefit so maybe they at least learned a lesson from previous Roy boy escapades.

I don't even care if Duke gets punished.  I just want K, Feinstein, Vitale, and the rest of the Duke sycophants who swear this one d-bag school "does it the right way" have to eat a gigantic crow.
Well said. And the Lamar avatar has been killin' me for months. The rebirth of the cool. 

https://twitter.com/WALLACHLEGAL/status/1259534474049662982

NEW: Zion Williamson’s former marketing agent has served requests for admission in their lawsuit asking him to admit that he received “money, benefits, favors or other things of value” to attend Duke University and to wear and/or use Nike and Adidas.
Nothing will happen as they are the crown royalty of college basketball.  Recent example has ncaa letting NC off for a major that has no classes...  

Nothing will happen as they are the crown royalty of college basketball.  Recent example has ncaa letting NC off for a major that has no classes...  
My Sister in Law has her law degree from UNC Chapel Hill and she was livid during that entire thing. Like I could ruin Thanksgiving by mentioning it livid. 

Duke haters unite.  If Duke cheats half as much as haters claim, I applaud them for never getting caught.   

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, for what he gave Duke for one year vs the value of 1 year of “education” it’s not even close. Millions. Tens of millions. 
Duke would have made the same amount if he was there or not. He didn’t win anything at all and wasn’t he injured for some of that season? I can’t remember, dude is always hurt. 

For the record, I dont care for Duke and I think Zion appears to be a nice enough dude. 

I also can’t understand why Universities haven’t abandoned the NCAA. They’ve been getting robbed by that organization for nearly over a century. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Who cares. 

For using Duke as a platform to get him into the NBA? Considering he didn't win jack, he should pay Duke. 
Yes, how were NBA teams ever able to identify the best players to draft before the one-and-done rule. Props to Duke University for providing this valuable service and helping this nice young man fulfill his dream. :thumbup:

Duke would have made the same amount if he was there or not. He didn’t win anything at all and wasn’t he injured for some of that season? I can’t remember, dude is always hurt. 
Disagree. Duke wins a lot (in the long term) because they get good players. And because they win a lot, they make a lot of money. The program wouldn't have crumbled if Williamson had gone elsewhere, but making a habit of getting multiple 5-star players every year is what keeps the big money wheel turning.

Users who are viewing this thread