What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dk Metcalf/Miles Sanders (1 Viewer)

all things being equal (WR/RB needs are the same, cost of keeping is the same, how long you can keep is the same, etc) I would go with DK Metcalf.  I think he is a stud and will be around for longer and has a premier QB throwing to him which will only make him better.

I don't have an issue keeping Sanders but I think he has more chance for injury, competition, etc detracting from his ceiling.

my question is this...  is this a startup or an existing league?  If a start up, I am leaning towards Sanders as I find it more of a problem in getting running backs than wide receivers.  And, I have Sanders value rated higher that Metcalf.   I do agree with Gally to the point that Metcalf would probably get you more years of "usage". 

Don't get me wrong, I love both players.  If this is an existing league, why would you have to pick between these two, I would be keeping them both.  This is why my initial question.  Dynasty leagues are keeping full teams, keeper leagues are you have to drop some.  Is there some kind of "contract" cost in "keeping" players?. 

Last edited by a moderator:
jwsbowler said:
again, asking if this is a start up or existing league?
Existing. Going on 19 years 🤞 

Wentz

Gurley/Ingram

Hill, Metcalf, Davis, Boykin

OJ, Higbee, Hollister/Dissly 

Top 12 pick and 22 overall. Thinking QB at 22.

Existing. Going on 19 years 🤞 

Wentz

Gurley/Ingram

Hill, Metcalf, Davis, Boykin

OJ, Higbee, Hollister/Dissly 

Top 12 pick and 22 overall. Thinking QB at 22.
So, a dynasty league and you have 11 players?  What is the roster size and your entire roster and if any roster limitations, starting lineup requirements?  I am assuming normal non PPR scoring even though you mention .25 PPR.   What top 12 pick?  Drafting all free agents and rookies?  

and I have to assume you are thinking trade or someone approached you on a trade...  

Last edited by a moderator:
So, a dynasty league and you have 11 players?  What is the roster size and your entire roster and if any roster limitations, starting lineup requirements?  I am assuming normal non PPR scoring even though you mention .25 PPR.   What top 12 pick?  Drafting all free agents and rookies?  

and I have to assume you are thinking trade or someone approached you on a trade...  
20 team league, 30 players a team. I also have full idp, I was just breaking down the starters in my offense. 

It's a deeper league, the question was more if Sanders would outproduce Metcalf in #s, even if it isn't longevity.

I will apologize in asking all the questions, but I wanted to make sure what you are doing...   In the short term, I would go with Sanders.

I will apologize in asking all the questions, but I wanted to make sure what you are doing...   In the short term, I would go with Sanders.
It's ok! We have a 5-12 lottery for rookies and I am ranked 12 (worst chance of getting 5)

.25 PPR, yes.

I need a young RB to pair with Gurley, seeing Baltimore took Dobbins.

I love what I see out of Sanders, but same with Metcalf. Deep down, for the 20 years this leagues been in, a solid recieving back like that usually leads the way over WRs.

My initial reaction was Miles Sanders.  That being said, I still don't understand the question.  LOL

Where is Miles Sanders currently?  Is this a potential trade? or are you just curious who we like better in general?

I know I am against the consensus but I think your RB's are fine for the next 2 years.  Philly hasn't proven they will utilize one RB if all are healthy.  That scares me.  I think Metcalf will be dominant as he grows in his 2nd year.  Right now Metcalf is your #2 WR.  If you move him you will be hurt more than what Sanders helps you.  I also think Metcalf is a guy you can build around.  Having Hill and Metcalf for the foreseeable future should give you an advantage.  I stay put.  I keep shopping for RB help but there are other ways to get it. 

Users who are viewing this thread