What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How many times will you use the same towel after a shower before declaring it dirty? (1 Viewer)

How many times will you use the same towel after a shower before declaring it dirty?

• Total voters
meh, a little less than a week

if I don't replace it, my wife does (she has her own towel as well)

ETA:  doesn't seem to like the idea of drying her face off on a towel where my junk has been ...which has put quite the strain on our relationship for years now ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Rest of family: one and done, and they make sure to use the biggest/plushest ones that account for 1/4 the available space in a wash. 

Me: three or more, though I usually pull one off the top of the "dirty" clothes pile that someone else used once. 

Thanks - I just got really pissed off typing that...

meh, a little less than a week

if I don't replace it, my wife does (she has her own towel as well)

ETA:  doesn't seem to like the idea of drying her face off on a towel when my junk has been ...which has put quite the strain on our relationship for years now ...
Wait...you guys use the same towel?

The question I have is not so much the towels that everyone can change out quickly if need be but how often do you all change your bed sheets?

I have a feeling some of you go well past a week or two which is totally gross. 

reason for the poll.. ive let two adults (one family) live with us since they both lost their jobs. They are hiding in the basement 20 hours a day yet have a #### ton more laundry than my family of 5. 

I'm stunned at one and dones
Would you ever re-use a towel in a hotel? Seriously? But at home people will roll with them for well over a week, just bizarre. 

I definitely go more than once but I go thru a couple per week...I also take showers a lot more frequently than many others.

With the TP shortage, myself and a small band of Brown Berets here on the boards are going TP free by using the typically installed shower that is placed next to the toilet and actually disinfecting this entire region of our bodies, can't be too safe these days. 

Actually I go thru two towels each visit to the shower, one for upper body and one for lower extremities and then I also like to use a fresh washcloth for those hard to reach areas.

And they are the biggest plushest towels I could find at BB&B, made for guys 6 foot 6. 

You can't substitute for Turkish bath towels, you'll never go back. 

If I’m staying for several days, I only have housekeeping service the room every 3 days. I don’t turn into a slob when I leave my house. :mellow:
Well I usually tip the maid who is working the floor I'm on when I arrive, not when I leave. That usually will get you daily turn down service and putting the room back as you found it when you checked in almost every day you are staying, you're not getting your money's worth. 😉

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I usually tip the maid who is working the floor I'm on when I arrive, not when I leave. That usually will get you daily turn down service and putting the room back as you found it when you checked in almost every day you are staying, you're not getting your money's worth. 😉
yeah- not about that for me.

for me- the towel is still clean after a single use, and washing it is a waste of time, energy, water and resources. just as it is at home.

like doc oc mentioned a few posts back- are you guys not clean coming out of the shower? you might be doing something wrong.

Whenever I walk in the bathroom and see there is no towel because my wife has taken it to wash it. That could be after one use or multiple uses. If there's no towel, I go get a new one. If there is a towel, I use that one.

Would you ever re-use a towel in a hotel? Seriously? But at home people will roll with them for well over a week, just bizarre. 

I definitely go more than once but I go thru a couple per week...I also take showers a lot more frequently than many others.

With the TP shortage, myself and a small band of Brown Berets here on the boards are going TP free by using the typically installed shower that is placed next to the toilet and actually disinfecting this entire region of our bodies, can't be too safe these days. 
TP free?!?!

:gulp:

yeah- not about that for me.

for me- the towel is still clean after a single use, and washing it is a waste of time, energy, water and resources. just as it is at home.

like doc oc mentioned a few posts back- are you guys not clean coming out of the shower? you might be doing something wrong.
I get it but I'm paying $250 to stay at a nice Hotel, I'm taking full advantage of everything offered. 

And I'm not alone in those thoughts but I understand the theory behind what you say, like you said, not for me. I usually am on vacation in the Hotels, if I wanted to be at home I would have stayed there. 

I shower minimum twice a day, the towels are never stinky, why would one want to wait for a smell to appear? There's germs including skin cells you are going to leave behind. 

We can go back and forth about it but with all the crazy over the top precautions folks are actively engaging in right now, I find it difficult for folks to believe that using a fresh towel every couple times is somehow leaving an ungodly carbon footprint, just don't follow that thinking. 

I get it but I'm paying $250 to stay at a nice Hotel, I'm taking full advantage of everything offered. 

And I'm not alone in those thoughts but I understand the theory behind what you say, like you said, not for me. I usually am on vacation in the Hotels, if I wanted to be at home I would have stayed there. 

I shower minimum twice a day, the towels are never stinky, why would one want to wait for a smell to appear? There's germs including skin cells you are going to leave behind. 

We can go back and forth about it but with all the crazy over the top precautions folks are actively engaging in right now, I find it difficult for folks to believe that using a fresh towel every couple times is somehow leaving an ungodly carbon footprint, just don't follow that thinking. 
curious about the two showers a day. Do you exercise daily? 

TP free?!?!

:gulp:
It's time to get serious about Going Green, how much do you value the planet? 😂

I'm not really trying to stir things up, I typically love these everyday type events held up to the light so we can all have a good laugh. 

But I was serious and several others like @BobbyLayne agreed with me that TP is not life or death for many Americans and I hate to take it a step further but if you are eating healthy and actively trying to ensure your immune system is optimal, you shouldn't need more than a square or two of light patting and so a quick jump in the shower is no big deal. 

We're not talking about flicking klingons the size of bananas off then watching them go down the drain but that could be the pushback or hesitation from some of you apparently. 

I used to be this way when I grew up

now I’d say whenever my wife changes them out so I went with starts to smell 

I also used to wash my jeans every tine I wore them
I mean I fully admit I lean towards slightly "slob" side of the scale with this stuff but I'm very neat....:unsure:

curious about the two showers a day. Do you exercise daily? 
Yes, I am actively participating in both the Otis and Fred threads, so I am sometimes in the shower 3-4x a day. 

On a side note I hate the feeling of taking a shower and then 30 minutes later you gotta drop a deuce and are you supposed to wait until the next day to truly clean up? With all the germ phobia right now, if people knew the daily habits of most humans I think they would 🤮

Why wouldn't you? 

If I'm staying at a hotel under a week, I don't have the maid service come in at all. If they have coffee in the room I'll grab some at the front desk but I don't need them to clean my own funk. 

Why wouldn't you? 

If I'm staying at a hotel under a week, I don't have the maid service come in at all. If they have coffee in the room I'll grab some at the front desk but I don't need them to clean my own funk. 
I like maid service. 

But unless I'm crapping the sheets or having a ton of sex, I only want them to tidy up and not change everything out.

Users who are viewing this thread