What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1.5 decision : Akers Lamb Jeudy (1 Viewer)

Spookytooth

Footballguy
In the 12 team ppr for team in sig. Pretend none see the lineup this year...who should I pick? I guess my question is more which player will have the highest dynasty ranking in like a year?  That is the player I would like to pick at 1.5. 

For some more context, 1.6 is more RB needy and I do own 1.7 and 1.8 as well if that factors in for you at all.  I truly do appreciate your help fellas.

I dont know if your league is like most of mine where RBs are much harder to get.  I would take Akers at 1.5 then Lamb or Jeudy at 1.7

I dont know if your league is like most of mine where RBs are much harder to get.  I would take Akers at 1.5 then Lamb or Jeudy at 1.7
Agree with this. Potential 3-down backs are a rarer commodity right now. 

Big wave of good young WRs hitting the league in 2019, 2020, and 2021 is going to flood the market to some extent. 

Take Akers. 

You never know he might reach for Vaughan at 6 and you get a shot at both the big boy Wr's. If not, take whoever is left out of Jeudy or Lamb at 1.07. 

1.08 is the one to trade out from.

If you aren't sold on Akers or don't need a RB, trade down.  I like the WRs from 1.08-2.02 all about equal. If you move down you should get a second round pick as compensation--the further down you move in the first the higher the second rounder should be.

I'd take Akers but I hoard RB's (took him at 1.06 in 2 drafts).  Honestly, if you take Lamb ar 1.05 and 1.06 takes Akers, are you happy pairing Jeudy with Lamb for the next 10 years - I'd guess yes.  So for me it comes down to how scarce RB's are in your league and whether you have any confidence in picking the right one at 1.08.  Then again, in one of my drafts, Ruggs went at 1.04 - something unpredictable like that could happen and you might have two RB's to choose from at 1.05.  I also think your question about value at this time next year begs the other question of shelf life - you take those two WR's and, if as advertised, become the backbone of your WR corps long beyond Akers value days . . .

The key phrase that the OP is this.

"1.6 is more RB needy"

So OP has two options (both good ones IMO)

1) trade with the 1.06 guy,  move back one pick and get some extra return.  That assumes that the OP doesn't need RBs.    But we all need RBs.....so I my perference is the next option

2) take Akers and there's a good chance you'll end up with Jeudy AND Lamb   :moneybag:

I had the 5th pick and I traded up to 1st.  Personally I think there's a clear distinction between CEH/Taylor and the rest of the draft.

Between the three I would go Lamb.  Think he's the most likely to have the best career.

The key phrase that the OP is this.

"1.6 is more RB needy"

So OP has two options (both good ones IMO)

1) trade with the 1.06 guy,  move back one pick and get some extra return.  That assumes that the OP doesn't need RBs.    But we all need RBs.....so I my perference is the next option

2) take Akers and there's a good chance you'll end up with Jeudy AND Lamb   :moneybag:
The guy traded from 1.6 to 1.4 and got Dobbins.  I went akers anyway.  Here in our 12 team 1.0ppr dynasty 1qb draft at the moment in progress.  Went Akers at 1.5 knowing id get Jeudy or Lamb anyway and am not smart enough to strongly prefer one vs the other.  Haha

1. CEH 2) Taylor 3) Swift 4) Dobbins 5) AKERS 6) Lamb 7) JEUDY 8) JEFFERSON (my picks in caps and next pick at 2.8)

Last edited by a moderator:
Who did you take @ 1.1 & why?
CEH.  It's ppr, d Williams is a jag, even with just ten touches to start the year CEH can still put up rb2 numbers in that offense, and I think the player/scheme fit is just perfect. CEH has already proven himself against NFL level talent in college, playing his best games against the biggest opponents, and any argument that he's a product of his system doesn't work when he's going into the same level of system in kc.

The guy traded from 1.6 to 1.4 and got Dobbins.  I went akers anyway.  Here in our 12 team 1.0ppr dynasty 1qb draft at the moment in progress.  Went Akers at 1.5 knowing id get Jeudy or Lamb anyway and am not smart enough to strongly prefer one vs the other.  Haha

1. CEH 2) Taylor 3) Swift 4) Dobbins 5) AKERS 6) Lamb 7) JEUDY 😎 JEFFERSON (my picks in caps and next pick at 2.8)
Did you pick CEH too or is it only in CAPS because it's initials?

That muddied the waters a bit when 6 traded for 4 but I think it was still the right pick.   Was 1.06 guy hungry for WR or RB?

Ceh wasnt mine.  My bad .  I sigged my team with my picks so far.  1.6 original owner needed an rb and moved up from 1.6 adding his 2021 second to grab dobbins.  Then I knew the new 1.6 would grab lamb or jeudy.  But figured akers and one of those two along with my 1.8 of jefferson was better than risking getting all three wrs and no akers

This reminds me of 2014.  Was very RB needy and had 1.02 and 1.05 in a 12 team.  Was going to go RB/WR and in that order and wasn't a Hyde fan.

Draft went:  Watkins, SANKEY, Evans, Beckham, COOKS, Hyde.  Someone else had 1.03 and 1.06 and came away with Evans/Hyde.

Morale of the story is almost always draft the WR over the RB.

This reminds me of 2014.  Was very RB needy and had 1.02 and 1.05 in a 12 team.  Was going to go RB/WR and in that order and wasn't a Hyde fan.

Draft went:  Watkins, SANKEY, Evans, Beckham, COOKS, Hyde.  Someone else had 1.03 and 1.06 and came away with Evans/Hyde.

Morale of the story is almost always draft the WR over the RB.
I have to say I think that was bad luck and poor choices.  That was a great WR year and even at the time, not a good RB year.  In most my leagues it is always easier to get a good WR and so hard to get a RB.  Doesn't matter if it is by draft or trade either.  Everyone over covets their RBs. I envy some of the league that let RBs get traded at a more reasonable rate. I think you picked a poor year to judge on.  

Ceh wasnt mine.  My bad .  I sigged my team with my picks so far.  1.6 original owner needed an rb and moved up from 1.6 adding his 2021 second to grab dobbins.  Then I knew the new 1.6 would grab lamb or jeudy.  But figured akers and one of those two along with my 1.8 of jefferson was better than risking getting all three wrs and no akers
I don;'t think you know how to do the Sig thing.  It hasn't shown up once.

Users who are viewing this thread