What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eric Trump Thread (1 Viewer)

squistion

Footballguy
Eric Trump:  Democrats leveraging coronavirus to rob POTUS of campaign rallies

And that ain't all. He goes on to tell Jeanine Pirro on Fox that after Election Day, “Coronavirus will magically disappear” like it’s a hoax and everything will reopen. 

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1261829390951788544 (video clip at link).

Thoughts? 

How many people seriously believe that the COVID-19 related business state shutdowns and related stay-at-home or shelter-in-place orders are some sort of plan by Democrats to stop Trump from holding rallies?

(Note - I started this thread because I couldn't find one on Eric or the Trump kids and it didn't seem to fit in the existing Trump related threads IMO).  

Last edited by a moderator:
Trolls gonna troll.

Said it before, I'll say it again.  The Trump base LOVES this stuff.  Not because they believe it - well, some do, but they were unwashed long before - but because it gets a visceral, guffawing reaction from the left.  This thread is a perfect example.  A Trump said something head-spinningly stupid and somebody from the left raced out to start a thread saying "Get a load of this guy!".   

My best advice is to ignore it and vote the scourge out of office in Nov.  Don't fall victim to the trolls.  

Trolls gonna troll.

Said it before, I'll say it again.  The Trump base LOVES this stuff.  Not because they believe it - well, some do, but they were unwashed long before - but because it gets a visceral, guffawing reaction from the left.  This thread is a perfect example.  A Trump said something head-spinningly stupid and somebody from the left raced out to start a thread saying "Get a load of this guy!".   

My best advice is to ignore it and vote the scourge out of office in Nov.  Don't fall victim to the trolls.  
Reminds me of the joke about the guy who walks up to his friends with a pile of dog poop in his hands and says, “Look what I almost stepped in!”

Rogan O’Handley  @dc_draino

Never forget how tyranny was unleashed in America step-by-step:

Lockdowns went from 2 weeks, to 1 month, to “until we find a cure” 

Masks were deemed harmful, until the hysteria started to wane, then they were mandatory

Trolls gonna troll.

:goodposting:   The entire Trump/GOP platform is literally one thing:  A "You Mad Bro?" Meme.

That's it.

Say something stupid and everyone goes chasing it like a squirrel. "Obamagate!" "Pelosi!" "Inject Chlorox!" "Why test if it increases our numbers of infected?"  This is Trump messaging 101.  It's how they change the narrative away from their catastrophically bad job performance.    

I think it's far more productive to focus on the number of infected, the death toll, the lack of testing or a plan to recover besides hoping it goes away, and the economy.  That is where the focus belongs.  The Trump administration has failed to lead and must be held accountable.

I’ve seen many people use this logic. It’s scary, sad and unsurprising that Trump’s son would continue to promote it. Italy, UK and South Korea are all apparently willing to sacrifice the world economy to screw over Donald Trump as well. The mental gymnastics required to actually believe that is just dumbfounding.

I'd be curious how many people actually showed up if he held one of these things right now.  I really think he's struggle to fill an arena.

They’re just throwing #### at the wall and seeing if anything sticks: this, Obamagate, Biden’s mental decline, Biden’s a pedophile- it will only get worse and uglier as we get closer to November. 
Well maybe one of those three is true.   I will vote for Joe but lets not kid ourselves he aint sounding too good. Right now the best thing is to keep Joe sequestered as he can`t lose if he does not talk much.

It's going to open up before then.  Blue State politicians would be in serious trouble if they kept their economies closed while red States opened up and thrived.  

It's going to open up before then.  Blue State politicians would be in serious trouble if they kept their economies closed while red States opened up and thrived.  
Doesn’t that assume that the result of the openings won’t be too bad?  If death rates in red states start spiking much higher than in blue states, I’d say it would be the red state politicians with the trouble.

Recent footage of unmasked hordes say otherwise.
I think he would have no problem filling a stadium tomorrow if allowed to by any state. His supporters, judging by the size of the crowd along his motorcade route the other day, don't seem fazed by the risk of acquiring COVID-19.

I think he would have no problem filling a stadium tomorrow if allowed to by any state. His supporters, judging by the size of the crowd along his motorcade route the other day, don't seem fazed by the risk of acquiring COVID-19.
Don’t forget all the truckers supporting him the other day at the White House

Doesn’t that assume that the result of the openings won’t be too bad?  If death rates in red states start spiking much higher than in blue states, I’d say it would be the red state politicians with the trouble.
I guess you'd have to define, too bad.  If reopening States turn into an Italy where they run out of hospital beds, yeah, I would agree.  There is going to be spikes when States reopen, that's a given.  As long as they manage the openings to keep the hospital/ICU capacity at a certain percentage, they'll be fine.     

Trolls gonna troll.

I actually think the left just sort of thinks it more than a little pathetic at this point.  I mean I used to care about this sort of thing, but now I just don’t really care since they’re  all 100% nonsense and there are more important things like a pandemic going on.

I actually think the left just sort of thinks it more than a little pathetic at this point.  I mean I used to care about this sort of thing, but now I just don’t really care since they’re  all 100% nonsense and there are more important things like a pandemic going on.
It's not about what you think. It's about what Trump supporters think you think.

I'd be curious how many people actually showed up if he held one of these things right now.  I really think he's struggle to fill an arena.
There are tons of people in the country who think the pandemic is a hoax, and if there were a venn diagram of these people and Trump supporters the intersection would be huge. The result would be standing room only at a Trump rally right now. 

There are tons of people in the country who think the pandemic is a hoax, and if there were a venn diagram of these people and Trump supporters the intersection would be huge. The result would be standing room only at a Trump rally right now. 
Well, maybe.

But all these "events" we see have 100s or a couple thousand, at most, protestors.  I think filling a 15-20k arena would be hard.  Believe it or not, most people don't want to die or even risk a stay in the hospital.

Well, maybe.

But all these "events" we see have 100s or a couple thousand, at most, protestors.  I think filling a 15-20k arena would be hard.  Believe it or not, most people don't want to die or even risk a stay in the hospital.
The biggest complain I see on social media is people saying they would have joined the protest event, but didn't know it was occurring. These protests are not very well financed to get the word our about them. A Trump rally on the other hand is well financed. 

I guess you'd have to define, too bad.  If reopening States turn into an Italy where they run out of hospital beds, yeah, I would agree.  There is going to be spikes when States reopen, that's a given.  As long as they manage the openings to keep the hospital/ICU capacity at a certain percentage, they'll be fine.     
Question I don’t know the answer to, do we know how much the economy is improving for states that are reopening? I’m in Georgia and we opened back up a couple of weeks ago but I’d say ~25% of stores are still staying closed as of right now.

In addition, while people are going out, I’m still seeing significantly less people out than there normally would be on beautiful spring days like it has been here. I’m just curious to see how much better these stores are doing than they were before when they were just doing curbside and takeout orders. I have nothing to base this off of which is why I’m curious to learn more, but I think some of these stores opening back up might not be doing as well as some people may be expecting them to. Lots of people still don’t feel too safe going out and until that’s resolved (probably won’t be until there’s a vaccine), I don’t see the economy bouncing back too strongly.

Sammy3469 said:
I agree with you, but guys like the OP are obsessed with this garbage.  It's asinine.  Like you, I just roll my eyes, say "par for the course" go about my day and plan to vote accordingly in Nov. :shrug:

I agree with you, but guys like the OP are obsessed with this garbage.  It's asinine.  Like you, I just roll my eyes, say "par for the course" go about my day and plan to vote accordingly in Nov. :shrug:
Maybe I missed it but I have never once seen you call out any of the posters like the one who started the Obamagate thread or the numerous Biden bashing threads with being "obsessed with this garbage."

I started a new thread because I didn't know where else to put this, there were no Trump kids threads, and if I put it in the Trump HQs thread I might have gotten a time out. If you think it belongs elsewhere, perhaps report it to the mods and ask that it be merged into another thread.

And yet he’s firmly ahead in all the states that matter. 
Interesting since no one has voted yet.

EDIT: What I find interesting is the voter turnout in the primaries.  Only 11.7% of registered voters are showing up for Democrats so far.  17.3% of registered voters are showing up for Republicans in an uncontested race (that'san unbelievable number, Obama only had 6.3% turnout in 2012).

Tim loves polls so here's one for him.  Pew Research did a poll in September 2015 where 63% of respondents said they were very likely to vote in the primaries.  Only 29% have done so in the States that had primaries.  That's why polls don't mean much, the respondents actually have to go out and back up what they're saying in the polls.  They usually don't.  

I'll add on March 24, 2020 here were the enthusiasm results.

Trump supporters: 53% very, 32% somewhat, 14% not at all

Buden supporters: 24% very, 49% somewhat, 26% not at all

To compare Hillary was at 32% very.  

We'll see in the next couple months how the enthusiasm changes based on the coronavirus.  If the recovery looks like it's going in the right direction, Trump should have some good enthusiasm results.

General Malaise said:
Trolls gonna troll.

30% of the country will believe it.

Maybe I missed it but I have never once seen you call out any of the posters like the one who started the Obamagate thread or the numerous Biden bashing threads with being "obsessed with this garbage."

I started a new thread because I didn't know where else to put this, there were no Trump kids threads, and if I put it in the Trump HQs thread I might have gotten a time out. If you think it belongs elsewhere, perhaps report it to the mods and ask that it be merged into another thread.
I don't think it belongs anywhere.  It's garbage.  It should be ignored entirely. 

And I don't report stuff.  I'm not a child.  

You couldn't find a Trump thread to put this in?  

I don't think it belongs anywhere.  It's garbage.  It should be ignored entirely. 
Like that dumb thread that guy started that is about everything and nothing?  Yes, I ignore that piece of garbage but i don't take it step further by continually going into the thread and insulting the the OP by telling him how worthless, boring and a waste of time it is. That would be pointless. 

Interesting since no one has voted yet.

EDIT: What I find interesting is the voter turnout in the primaries.  Only 11.7% of registered voters are showing up for Democrats so far.  17.3% of registered voters are showing up for Republicans in an uncontested race (that'san unbelievable number, Obama only had 6.3% turnout in 2012).

Tim loves polls so here's one for him.  Pew Research did a poll in September 2015 where 63% of respondents said they were very likely to vote in the primaries.  Only 29% have done so in the States that had primaries.  That's why polls don't mean much, the respondents actually have to go out and back up what they're saying in the polls.  They usually don't.  
Actually they usually do. 

When polls favor one candidate over another that candidate usually wins. Not all the time, but certainly most of the time. That’s why all candidates depend on polling. 

Like that dumb thread that guy started that is about everything and nothing?  Yes, I ignore that piece of garbage but i don't take it step further by continually going into the thread and insulting the the OP by telling him how worthless, boring and a waste of time it is. That would be pointless. 
Is that supposed to be a shot at me?  Oh, good one!

Eric is mention over 300 times in the Trump Years thread, kind of a catch all for things "more shocking than the last" or "stuff that triggers".  

Actually they usually do. 

When polls favor one candidate over another that candidate usually wins. Not all the time, but certainly most of the time. That’s why all candidates depend on polling. 
Polls are a snapshot in time and allows a campaign to adjust to negative public perception, like Trump did by ending his presence at the daily task force briefings (reportedly his internal polling showed his approval rating increasingly going south). 

Polls are a snapshot in time and allows a campaign to adjust to negative public perception, like Trump did by ending his presence at the daily task force briefings (reportedly his internal polling showed his approval rating increasingly going south). 
And yet most Trump supporters want to ignore all the polls themselves. 

Users who are viewing this thread