What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Restaurant/Fast Food Delivery Service POLE (1 Viewer)

Which service do you like the best?

• Doordash

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Grubhub

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • UberEats

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Other/None

Votes: 55 74.3%

• Total voters

Zegras11

Footballguy
Ok, hopefully these past few months, you've supported your local eateries.  Which delivery service do you like best?  Use the most?

Last edited by a moderator:
Voted Grubhub since I use Seamless most. But throughout all of this in my town, more restaurants are using their own sites to get orders for pickup/delivery. 

I was going to use UberEats once because they said they weren’t going to charge a delivery fee. But then I noticed they marked up menu prices by 20%.

The only one that I have ever used is Doordash—and it was only one time.  No complaints as it worked out well—but I can’t really comment on the others. 

RUSF18 said:
Voted Grubhub since I use Seamless most. But throughout all of this in my town, more restaurants are using their own sites to get orders for pickup/delivery. 
Interesting...  All of ours have curbside pickup.  I've seen a list of over 100 that do.   And all but 2 or 3 are not on one of the three services.   About half use all three services.

There are ways around the fees.  I'm constantly getting $10 off coupons.

Voted door dash because that’s the only one I’ve ever used but it was only because that’s who Benihana contracted their delivery out to when I ordered from them

none as well
good excuse to get out of the house 
ill head to local restaurant order , wait in my truck until its ready then head to the ocean or a river to enjoy the view and get some fresh air 

None. I don’t like how the drivers are treated by most of these services and will continue to pick up myself as I always have. 

Daughter is getting divorced and moved back in Jan.   She ordered a few times from one of them.  Thought it was kind of novel.   Then the virus hit, and I can't go out (still) due to an old lung issue.  Wife doesn't want to risk it, so we have used all of them at least once.   I get a lot of $10 off emails, so we use those, and we wanted to support all our local faves at this time, so we've been "eating" out about 2x normal.   Doordash has been by far the best.  No issues at all.  Very easy to use site.  All three sites allow you to tip easily, so not seeing the complaint there.   Doordash has constant specials with numerous places that waive the delivery fees.

Why would anyone use them right now is my question?  Maybe a few min drive in literally zero traffic to save $5-10 for myself and 20-30% for the restaurant owner.  Plus I get out of the house.  Win for all.  Skip the delivery service.

RUSF18 said:
I have never and will never sign up for and support Grubhub and the others (I think they take way too much from the restaurants), but the truth is that we have it easy where we live.  It's really not hard to find restaurants who handle their own delivery and if we want to take out, and provided we order within Hoboken, we can walk anywhere.

Why would anyone use them right now is my question?  Maybe a few min drive in literally zero traffic to save $5-10 for myself and 20-30% for the restaurant owner.  Plus I get out of the house.  Win for all.  Skip the delivery service.
This. The rare times I can't or don't want to leave I order from a pizza place with decades of delivery experience. 

Did GrubHub one time.  Got a text message that my order would take 20 mins, about what I was expecting.  Got another text in 17 mins that it was ready.  Showed up, restaurant had never even received the order.  They took my order there and I waited 40 minutes.  Cancelled my GrubHub account as soon as I got home.

I don't get the hate.  The delivery services require a fee for their service.  The restaurant doesn't have to use them.  The restaurant realizes they're making additional revenue by offering delivery. 

Did GrubHub one time.  Got a text message that my order would take 20 mins, about what I was expecting.  Got another text in 17 mins that it was ready.  Showed up, restaurant had never even received the order.  They took my order there and I waited 40 minutes.  Cancelled my GrubHub account as soon as I got home.
Really strange and pretty much the opposite of how the service works. The restaurant usually has to confirm the order to finalize the time when it should be ready and certainly is the one to say when the order is ready. 

Might sound strange but is there any chance you placed your order for a different location? Happened to my wife recently when she put in an order for a chain sandwich place using her iPad, which she had last used...down in Florida. 

Yes.  100%.   

edit to add:  there may be reasons other people use delivery, and that’s cool.  I don’t really care what other people do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Curbside...Always.   Grubhub etc is a lazy thing I just can't get past.  I pick up my own pizza too.  I just feel like if I can't even go and pick up my own food what the heck am I even doing here?

Really strange and pretty much the opposite of how the service works. The restaurant usually has to confirm the order to finalize the time when it should be ready and certainly is the one to say when the order is ready. 

Might sound strange but is there any chance you placed your order for a different location? Happened to my wife recently when she put in an order for a chain sandwich place using her iPad, which she had last used...down in Florida
Nope, local place with only one location.

Tried a couple before the pandemic and was not impressed by the service.  Was over an hour between order time, and food to my door time.  Just not worth it.  We do take out a lot, and order when we start to get hungry.  Needing to plan in a massive lead time for your meal doesn't work for me.

I've stopped going to places (both local and chains) that can't figure out how to serve take out only during the pandemic.  I'm not going to support a business that can't get the stuff to my door quickly either.

Nope, local place with only one location.
I had something similar happen with GH. I placed an order and when it had been 30 minutes after when they said they’d deliver, I called the restaurant to find out what was going on. Turns out, they weren’t even taking orders anymore and had told GH this, but for some reason hadn’t been removed from the app. I had to deal with GH customer service to get a refund. To be fair, they quickly approved the refund, but it took a few days for it to show up on my card.

I don't get the hate.  The delivery services require a fee for their service.  The restaurant doesn't have to use them.  The restaurant realizes they're making additional revenue by offering delivery. 
Don't get it either.  Before the virus, my daughter told me the Cheesecake in Boise had 98 Doordash deliveries on a Saturday that added $7k to sales.  That's almost 20% of their normal inside sales for a Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread