What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG subscription (1 Viewer)

What info specifically?  In terms of rankings and such, no that was never free.
Yes it was.....up until a certain date as pinequick mentions. It's not a big deal, especially since I see FBG offers money back, but it is a little disappointing. 

With so much uncertainty, I'm not quite ready to payout the money if there is no season. But I wanted to browse the rankings and take a break from reality only to see it's not available. 

Yes it was.....up until a certain date as pinequick mentions. It's not a big deal, especially since I see FBG offers money back, but it is a little disappointing. 

With so much uncertainty, I'm not quite ready to payout the money if there is no season. But I wanted to browse the rankings and take a break from reality only to see it's not available. 
I don't think rankings were involved in that pre-season info though?  They didn't usually release them until June when the content became paid IIRC. 

Again not sure why it's disappointing, if you're wanting to just get free stuff and not pay for the content.  If you were planning to pay if there was a season, why not pay now?  Like you say it's refundable if there is no season, so zero risk here...

I don't think rankings were involved in that pre-season info though?  They didn't usually release them until June when the content became paid IIRC. 

Again not sure why it's disappointing, if you're wanting to just get free stuff and not pay for the content.  If you were planning to pay if there was a season, why not pay now?  Like you say it's refundable if there is no season, so zero risk here...
Agree. I didn't see the available refund when i first posted this.

I think the only thing free in the off-season nowadays is the daily FBG newsletter. They change it to subscribers only at a certain point in the spring/summer, but free before that I believe. 

Hot Sauce Guy said:
Ooo, I was about to renew regardless,  but I didn’t see that. Good to know, thanks! 
Well, it doesn't really state it like that. Not in those words. At least, not that I have seen.

Would be nice to know if there is no season what would happen to our money though. Carry over to 2021? Refund offered? 

Well, it doesn't really state it like that. Not in those words. At least, not that I have seen.

Would be nice to know if there is no season what would happen to our money though. Carry over to 2021? Refund offered? 
Either would be a fine option. 

One thing I'm a little disappointed in this season is the lack of full passing and rushing game analysis.

Looks like this year the staff pared back to just doing the top and bottom 5 rushing/passing match ups this year, which to me feels like a solid takeaway. That was great content to have for every game.

Just some constructive criticism for Joe and the staff -- would much rather have the staff focused on producing these kind of deep matchup detail features than, say, the staff meandering through variable content in a roundtable. 

ETA: The staff not making picks against the spread is another thing that dropped this season. Don't get me wrong, I like that they still have two guys still making independent picks, but the staff doing it together provided a more smoothed out "wisdom of the crowds" perspective that you don't get from just one person's picks.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing I'm a little disappointed in this season is the lack of full passing and rushing game analysis.

Looks like this year the staff pared back to just doing the top and bottom 5 rushing/passing match ups this year, which to me feels like a solid takeaway. That was great content to have for every game.

Just some constructive criticism for Joe and the staff -- would much rather have the staff focused on producing these kind of deep matchup detail features than, say, the staff meandering through variable content in a roundtable. 

ETA: The staff not making picks against the spread is another thing that dropped this season. Don't get me wrong, I like that they still have two guys still making independent picks, but the staff doing it together provided a more smoothed out "wisdom of the crowds" perspective that you don't get from just one person's picks.
Agree 1000% on the missing rushing/ passing analysis. Don’t really get limiting to top and bottom 5.  Are the top and bottom 5 even more important than the other games? To me this is one of the most valuable features in making lineup decisions. I’m guessing it’s rather time intensive and maybe that’s why it was scaled back but would still focus on this over much of the other stuff. Just my opinion fwiw.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread