What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Rookie Draft Options - Pick 1.4 (1 Viewer)

farfromforgotten

Footballguy
Good morning FBG, 

I'm in need of a RB (bunch of riff raff after Kamara and Mixon) and I have a couple of questions in regards to my pick 1.4. 

1) I can stay put and take who's left of Dobbins and Swift. 

2) If Akers makes it to pick 1.7 then I think that I'll be able to package Dobbins/Swift and pick 24 for Akers and pick 17. Of note is that I have Henderson and Brown on my roster. I do worry about the Rams o line and the general direction of the team however. 

Which option would you prefer? 

Thanks! 

Who do you have ranked as your 4th best rookie?  Don't force a RB if you don't have them ranked at the top of your draft board.  Take the best player on your board.  The point is getting starters and taking a lesser talent makes it more difficult to do that.  I think this is one of the biggest mistakes people make going into a rookie draft.  If you don't like the players there at 1.04 then try and trade that pick down to get more resources but don't force a pick just because you need a RB.  If you keep the pick take the guy that is highest on your combined draft board. 

Going to assume 12 teams.  I'm not doing option 2 at all and I would be looking to get a lot more back in return to even think about a deal.  If you keep the pick at 1.4 and you have a RB ranked at that position as Gally mentions, take him and don't look back.  If you don't like your option at 1.4, trade down.

Going to assume 12 teams.  I'm not doing option 2 at all and I would be looking to get a lot more back in return to even think about a deal.  If you keep the pick at 1.4 and you have a RB ranked at that position as Gally mentions, take him and don't look back.  If you don't like your option at 1.4, trade down.
I also don't like the idea of picking a player for the main purpose of trading him later.  That never seems to work out as planned and you never seem to be able to get the value you think you should get.  If that guy wants one of those players and you don't have anybody you want just trade the pick and let them deal with picking the player.  That way you have the acceptable trade and don't get stuck with someone you really don't want. 

I've never done a trade like #2 before. The owner at 7 desperately wants a top rookie RB and there seems to be a consensus top 4. I like Swift but I worry about the landing spot. I have an embarrassement of riches at the WR position that's why I was looking at RB myself. I put the trade into a calculator found on this website (picks 4 and 24 for picks 7 and 17) and it came out about even. I envisioned myself getting Akers at 7 and then taking two of the WRs that are typically clumped together at picks 14 and 17. 

I've got some more studying to do. I appreciate the conversation. Our draft isn't for a while now. I'll let you know what I decide to do. 

Don't think Akers makes it to 1.7, plus you never know if that trade will go down, unless you have a clear contingent deal with the 1.7 guy.  That said, moving up 7 spots in Round 2 isn't enough for me to drop 3 spots in round 1.

As Gally says, take the best player.  If you think its Dobbins, do so.  If you like Lamb or Jeudy more, take them.  If you don't like the value at 1.04, trade down.  Someone will likely want to leapfrog the 1.05/1.06 spot to get Lamb.

Users who are viewing this thread