What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

POLL: Democratic VP (1 Viewer)

Who should Biden pick as his running mate?

• Stacey Abrams

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • Kamala Harris

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • Amy Klobuchar

Votes: 48 40.3%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • Gretchen Witmer

Votes: 10 8.4%

• Total voters
Why is there no option for "None"?

If you wanted a list of "Most Terrible Choices Ever", that might be your list.

Don't even know why Kamela is on that list to begin with. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think he should pick any of them.  He shouldn't have committed himself to making a selection based on genitalia.  But out of that list my guess is Cloudbootjar.  It'd be very strange for him to pick Kamala after their weird busing dispute; at one point Kamala said she believed Joe Biden's accusers, again not a very bright strategy for him. 

Klobuchar may have accidentally let the surprise slip a long time ago.  She was pretty hands off on Biden throughout the primary as I recall.  Will probably help him in Minnesota after the way he dissed them in the leaked Ukraine phone call as well.  

i don't think he picks anyone who he shared a debate stage with previously. 

also, how much influence does the DNC have in this selection? 

Kal El said:
Went with Klobuchar, but I'm fine with whoever gives him the best chance to win.
I went with Klobachar as well even though she won't help win a state. I think Minnesota will go Bidens way no matter who his  VP is. I just think she has the most experience on many issues.

Easily Gretchen Witmer.  Anyone who can criminalize visiting family, friends and neighbors deserves a top spot on the Dem ticket.

Did you catch the WAPO article? She's the new hotness. 
I read it...not sure the conclusions you are making are quite accurate.  They were discussing her command of the crowd and eyes and stage.  Do you think that article was about appearance and not presence?

I read it...not sure the conclusions you are making are quite accurate.  They were discussing her command of the crowd and eyes and stage.  Do you think that article was about appearance and not presence?
I dont think it was about her appearance at all. They compared dems excitement over her to that of Bill Clinton and the Obamas. That is upper elite tier. If she isnt the VP pick, the dems have failed. 

I dont think it was about her appearance at all. They compared dems excitement over her to that of Bill Clinton and the Obamas. That is upper elite tier. If she isnt the VP pick, the dems have failed. 
And the hotness comment?  Also other comments ive read when people discussed that article...?  Seems several have talked more about her appearance.

I think she has a presence to her and seems to do well when speaking to such crowds that seem to be fired up.  With a candidate like Biden who people aren't that excited about...seems a VP that has excitement behind them would be a good pick.  You don't get that from Klobuchar.

The Trump strategy in the campaign is already clear. They are going to attack Biden as too old. Having a young VP actually accentuates this. He needs to pick somebody that people would be very comfortable with as president. The best choice is Klobuchar. 

And the hotness comment?  Also other comments ive read when people discussed that article...?  Seems several have talked more about her appearance.

I think she has a presence to her and seems to do well when speaking to such crowds that seem to be fired up.  With a candidate like Biden who people aren't that excited about...seems a VP that has excitement behind them would be a good pick.  You don't get that from Klobuchar.
Okay, so one of her 3 votes has been unmasked.   

New hotness means something that is up and coming. Doesnt necessarily mean looks are involved. If you want to talk about her appearance, go for it. 

Can’t be Abrams. Need someone ready to be POTUS on day 1. She doesn’t fit the bill. She also should have run for one of the Senate seats in play in GA.

I lean Harris. Wouldn’t mind Klobuchar either. Actually comfortable with the entire list. 

Then why do you keep asking about it?
I don't believe I keep doing much of anything...I asked based on the comments made here and in another thread where talk of hotness and supermodel were brought up...as if the article was about people thinking it was about appearance.   I pointed out it was not about that.

She really doesn't.  Educational background, experience in the Georgia General Assembly...ability to speak coherently.  She makes Palin look like...well, what most people think about Sarah Palin.
Georgia General Assembly vs. Alaska Governor?

I don’t see Abrams as some great orator   Sorry   

I don't believe I keep doing much of anything...I asked based on the comments made here and in another thread where talk of hotness and supermodel were brought up...as if the article was about people thinking it was about appearance.   I pointed out it was not about that.
I think if people want to hit on Trump's weight being unhealthy, they need to do the same for Abrams. 

With Biden already a health concern adding Abrams doesn't seem like the Dems best option. 

I think if people want to hit on Trump's weight being unhealthy, they need to do the same for Abrams. 

With Biden already a health concern adding Abrams doesn't seem like the Dems best option. 
Trump is in his 70s. Abrams is 46. It’s not a big concern. In fact I think the fact that she openly struggles with weight issues will be a plus for her with millions of women who can identify. And Trump won’t be able to resist a sexist comment about her, which will only further strengthen her support- he’s already made racist comments about her in 2018. 

Trump is in his 70s. Abrams is 46. It’s not a big concern. In fact I think the fact that she openly struggles with weight issues will be a plus for her with millions of women who can identify. And Trump won’t be able to resist a sexist comment about her, which will only further strengthen her support- he’s already made racist comments about her in 2018. 
Abrams is also African American which means she's a higher risk already for heart issues. Obesity just increases her risk. 

What was his racist comment?

Georgia General Assembly vs. Alaska Governor?

I don’t see Abrams as some great orator   Sorry   
Doesnt take a great orator to beat Palin.  Also...Trump supporters making claims if someone’s qualifications is odd.  This thread, like then democratic voters wanting change...I find taking the advice of people who think Trump is a good President to be a bad idea for the Democratic party.

3 Stacey Abrams posts?  Has to be Trump supporters.  She makes Sarah Palin look overqualified for the job.  
There is a decent chance the VP may have to take over so Amy is a great choice based on her past experience.  Amy would be able to step in and run things.  Warren would be second, again because I want experience this time around.

Abrams health issues along with never running bigger government is a no, Harris butted heads with Biden already so he won`t pick her, Whitmer has only been a Governor for 2 years and from all I read Michigan is in turmoil and she probably won`t be re-elected there.

There is a decent chance the VP may have to take over so Amy is a great choice based on her past experience.  Amy would be able to step in and run things.  Warren would be second, again because I want experience this time around.

Abrams health issues along with never running bigger government is a no, Harris butted heads with Biden already so he won`t pick her, Whitmer has only been a Governor for 2 years and from all I read Michigan is in turmoil and she probably won`t be re-elected there.
I agree.  We all have to look at what’s best for America given Biden’s age and mental decline.  If God forbid Biden wins the election, hands down the answer is Amy given those options.  

Users who are viewing this thread