What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PPR Dynasty : Julio + Gross-Matos for Jeudy + Yannick? (1 Viewer)

Jayded

Footballguy
This is a 16 team Devy IDP dynasty so I won't bother sharing the entire roster, but after the start up I realized my WRs were especially older other than DJ Moore.

My WR and DL

WR = DJ Moore, Julio Jones, Julian Edelman, Alshon Jefferey, Antonio Brown, Randall Cobb, Darnell Mooney (R)
DL = Za'Darius Smith, Yetur Gross-Matos (R), Ifeadi Odenigbo, Marcus Davenport, Everson Griffen, Ross Blacklock (R), Justin Madubuike (R)

My take: 
WR age worries me as does top like pass rusher. I worry that Jeudy may be JAG as I was also trying to target the Kupp owner with Julio but he probably wants too much. I definitely upgrade pass rush dynasty projections, but is Jeudy worth the gamble of missing out on Julio's PPR points?

its a fair offer but I like the Julio side much better.    I think he still has 2-3 years of production left and should be much better than Jeudy in the near term.  You definitely need help at WR but I don't think this is the way to do it.

I have never seen Z Smith listed as DL anywhere.  He is a LB as far as I know.  Interesting to see you have him as a DL.

its a fair offer but I like the Julio side much better.    I think he still has 2-3 years of production left and should be much better than Jeudy in the near term.  You definitely need help at WR but I don't think this is the way to do it.

I have never seen Z Smith listed as DL anywhere.  He is a LB as far as I know.  Interesting to see you have him as a DL.
Thanks for the feedback. Our league is on Sleeper and seems like some of the 3-4 schemes put some of the OLB in a tweener OLB/DL position so I can use them in either position.

I got an offer this morning to move Julio + Pollard for Kupp + James Robinson. Gets me younger and is a better receiver than Jeudy I think. I'm a little reluctant to include Pollard, looked to push for more, but seems like it'd be the best I can do if I move Julio now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jayded said:
Thanks for the feedback. Our league is on Sleeper and seems like some of the 3-4 schemes put some of the OLB in a tweener OLB/DL position so I can use them in either position.

I got an offer this morning to move Julio + Pollard for Kupp + James Robinson. Gets me younger and is a better receiver than Jeudy I think. I'm a little reluctant to include Pollard, looked to push for more, but seems like it'd be the best I can do if I move Julio now.
I am still not sure this is necessarily better.  Kupp vanished in the second half so is he really an upgrade long term?  I like Kupp and think he will be fine but not sure he will be what he has shown in a year and a half.  Do you have Zeke?  Trying to figure out the other players reasoning.  They seem to be thrown in just to throw something else in.  Pretty much a wash of back up RB's.

I guess I wonder why the rush to move Julio.   You also said "after the start up".  Does that mean this is the first year of existence?  You have time to maneuver.  I think your best bet for a good return on Julio is waiting until mid season and trade him to a contender. 

I am still not sure this is necessarily better.  Kupp vanished in the second half so is he really an upgrade long term?  I like Kupp and think he will be fine but not sure he will be what he has shown in a year and a half.  Do you have Zeke?  Trying to figure out the other players reasoning.  They seem to be thrown in just to throw something else in.  Pretty much a wash of back up RB's.

I guess I wonder why the rush to move Julio.   You also said "after the start up".  Does that mean this is the first year of existence?  You have time to maneuver.  I think your best bet for a good return on Julio is waiting until mid season and trade him to a contender. 
Found a better alternative. Never loved Edelman and who knows what'll really happen with NE now. Admitted Irish fan, but worked out this one:

I give : Julian Edelman, Yetur Gross-Matos, Kevin Byard
I get : Chase Claypool, Yannick Ngakoue, Eddie Jackson

In our system Byard and Jackson are super close and I have a lot of DB depth. I give some short term WR points for a big upgrade at DL, where I also had 3 additional DL rookies I like too. Edelman may hurt me short term, but I like Claypool's upside more than a year or two of Edelman and I got to keep Julio after all and ride that out as well.

I liked the original offer. Jeudy is a stud, and while Julio's almost certainly going to have another excellent year or two, now's the time to move him in dynasty leagues, before you're stuck holding the bag on him like a Demaryius Thomas, Jordi Nelson, etc..

Users who are viewing this thread