What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would you Rather fight a Gorilla or a Giraffe? (1 Viewer)

Would you rather right a Gorilla or a Giraffe?

• Gorilla

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Giraffe

Votes: 161 94.7%

• Total voters
LOL at the Mr. Ham (and his wine) that thinks he could take down a giraffe by biting it. If a human bit a giraffe, I’m not sure the giraffe would even notice.

gorillas gonna whoop my rear end from here to sunday but with a giraffe im gonna give that sucker about 15 flying samasori ninja kicks to the knees and see if i can bring it down like one of those star wars things and at least id have a chance and plan take that to the bank brohans 

top dog said:
Absolutely! No way I'm taking on either. But if I had to choose, I'm going after the one who eats leaves. 

That being said, I would get my butt kicked by either at my age and out of shapness
I don't think age and/or being in or out of shape would really make a difference against a gorilla.

I don't think age and/or being in or out of shape would really make a difference against a gorilla.
Right, the the top MMA fighter in peak condition would be disemboweled in about 5 seconds. One of the stations did a Man vs Animal show awhile ago. One of the tests was a 300 pound sumo wrestler doing a tug of war with a 150 pound orangutan. Despite giving up all that weight, the orangutan was able to easily beat the sumo wrestler without even having to stand up. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Gorillas have thumbs which make the fighting much better for them.  They can grab you and toss you around like a rag doll.  Giraffes seem like you could just bob and weave and dance around until they get bored.  Giraffes seem like they would be better against a mob (see vs lions) however against a single opponent may have trouble (think Fezzik).  Easy choice for me is going against the giraffe. 

gorillas gonna whoop my rear end from here to sunday but with a giraffe im gonna give that sucker about 15 flying samasori ninja kicks to the knees and see if i can bring it down like one of those star wars things and at least id have a chance and plan take that to the bank brohans 
But the gorilla would fit easier into the bank and the bank drive thru.

It is pretty amazing that we're the dominant species when you think about how physically weak humans are. 

Went with giraffe like the vast majority, although I would say if the animal knows it's supposed to fight you, you have no chance against either.  I'm assuming evasive maneuvers would be much more effective against the giraffe.  It's sort of like a bull fighting a mouse - the mouse can't win, but can the bull?

Leroy Hoard said:
But the gorilla would fit easier into the bank and the bank drive thru.
you only get to go back to the bank if your survive so you ninja the hell out the giraffe and live and that my friend is the law of the jungle take that to the bank 

Assuming the giraffe isn’t angry, I’d just hang out with it until it goes to sleep. I’m far less certain of my ability to not piss off the gorilla.

this isn't close. stay away from the giraffes kicks and you can fight a long fight. The gorilla actually kills a person in 15 seconds.

It is pretty amazing that we're the dominant species when you think about how physically weak humans are.

We discovered how to control fire and then burned everything everywhere we went, including the megafauna once we did so. Before then? We were totally innocuous. Our brains and their massive size -- and the energy needed to maintain their massive size -- proved to be the difference between us and others and molding our environment. Our brains are so big relative to our size that we just outsmarted everybody along the way. Craziness.

Last edited:
Man vs Animal show awhile ago. One of the tests was a 300 pound sumo wrestler doing a tug of war with a 150 pound orangutan. Despite giving up all that weight, the orangutan was able to easily beat the sumo wrestler without even having to stand up.
Here it is….

Not sure how real this was as it is TV. But the point still stands (oh and the orangutan was a female to boot).

List of animals I'm very terrified of running across in the wild:
Sharks
Tigers
Lions
Jaguars
Leopards
Cougars
Elephants
Bears
Rhinos
Moose
Hippos
Gorillas

These are the animals where I have no viable option if they decide to attack me. Without a decent weapon, humans have no chance to fend off any of the above animals, including gorillas.

Man vs Animal show awhile ago. One of the tests was a 300 pound sumo wrestler doing a tug of war with a 150 pound orangutan. Despite giving up all that weight, the orangutan was able to easily beat the sumo wrestler without even having to stand up.
Here it is….

Not sure how real this was as it is TV. But the point still stands (oh and the orangutan was a female to boot).
Not gonna get those couple minutes back, am I?

Here it is….

Not standing up was only way to win. If you look at the platforms, she had a much bigger lip to push against.

Users who are viewing this thread