What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are you the most successful person with your name? (1 Viewer)

Are you the most successful person with your name?

• Total voters
Emphatically No.  another guy with my name:

1. Has a Wikipedia page

2. Has a park in California named after him

3. was featured on the covers of both Time and Life magazines. 

However, I can Google just the first name of my daughter and she's the first to pop up. Practically the same league as Maddona, beyonce or Cher.

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on a Google search, yes I am. I am the first several hits and there is very little else that matches directly. During the brief period that I had to use Facebook for grad school, I was contacted by someone who mistook me for a person with the same name. They were profanity laced messages with terrible spelling and grammar accusing me of abandoning my grandkids. It took several messages before the person could understand that I was not living in the Philippines and at age 30 had not yet become a grandfather. 
yeah... I do rule the googles, so maybe I win. several publications (projects and firms I was a part of), a couple of news things related to the fire in our building, a bunch of sports stuff (college soccer archives, running/tri race results)... and then my social and professional media (linkedin, facebook (dead account), spotify, etc).

that said, there's a kid in austria who shows up for winning a student CAD competition and is all over some coding thing... cripes- he's probably already a more famous architect than I am, even if it's the wrong kind of architect.

Emphatically No.  another guy with my name:

1. Has a Wikipedia page

2. Has a park in California named after him

3. was featured on the covers of both Time and Life magazines. 

However, I can Google just the first name of my daughter and she's the first to pop up. Practically the same league as Maddona, beyonce or Cher.
You: Yeah, well at least your name isn’t –Oz–.
Me: You know there’s nothing wrong with that name.
You: There was nothing wrong with it until I was about 12 years old and that no-talent **** clown became famous and started winning Grammys.
Me: Hmm… well why don’t you just go by –Ozzy– instead?
You: No way. Why should I change? He’s the one who sucks.

i'm 3rd to:

Olaf G Pissah - stowaway on Leif Erickson's Vinland expedition, taught the Skrælings how to make tundra tea & distill mukluk sweat. Made his way as far south as Freeport, Maine, becoming the first European in America, and sold flannel shirts to lesbian Abenakis in the spot which later became the worldwide HQ of LLBean.

Harriet Pissah - abolitionist heroine, rescued hundreds of slaves from plantations using a hot-air balloon in operations which came to be known as the Aboveground Railroad

That is a tough one to top regardless of last name but it's never too late. There's still time to record some best selling songs, have a hit TV show and transition to starring in movies. Maybe even marry a future Congressman. 
Your faith in me is incredibly uplifting. You're right. I can do this.

Thank you!

Off the top of my head, some professional athletes (not necessarily modern era)  and some actor who is not a super star, but is someone who almost everyone would know from something and be "hey, its that guy". 
Enrico Pallazzo?

Yes.

Only one other person in the world with my name that I've ever found.  He graduated HS last year in some small town in OK and I'm pretty sure he has recently fathered a kid and is not in college. 

GL, Jayrod #2.
I will say, this kid's Twitter profile is the first up under Google images, so he has got that going for him, which is nice.

Google of my "First Middle Last" yields primarily my public records.  

Google of my "First Last" is more of a mixed bag.  I'd give myself the nod, but it's debatable.

I have a pretty successful career but keep a relatively low social profile. I don't even show on the first few pages of Google because of the guy below me.  I'd say I'm of higher rank than him.

There's a guy w/ my name that's a Cyber professor at the Citadel and has a PhD in Cyber/InfoSec.  (Oddly that's roughly the same field I'm in.  We have also exchanged emails before because my GMail is First.Last @ gmail.)

Using LinkedIn on 'First Last' seems to yield myself and the professor as the two most successful out of 7 results.  

I did not know my name was so common. I am not on this list.

I did have the same name as one of my clients. Calling his office was always interesting.

(MP), English politician

Australian gold prospector

New Zealand politician

American Medal of Honor recipient

Australian rules footballer

Christian ecotheologian

American baseball player

American Politician - Minnesota

British auto racing driver

Anglican Bishop-coadjutor of Cape Town

first-middle-last -- yes.  There are a couple of ne'er-do-wells with the same name including a particularly unpleasant fellow in Alaska. I think I'm well ahead of the pack here.

With just the middle initial, there's a doctor who got sued about 15 years back as part of a prescription suit against Merck. So he's a doctor, but perhaps not a GOOD one?

With just first/last name there appears to be a well-respected orthopedic surgeon in San Antonio that probably ranks ahead of me. 

I think so.  Just see a few doctors with my name and a bunch of obits that aren't me.

Way too many images on the google image tab.   WSOP page has my pic finally after I sent it to them like three years ago.

My name’s pretty common. There’s an author from New Zealand who is by far the most famous. He eats up most of the first google page.

I show up at the bottom of search page 2, so I guess that’s a start.

When I google my name the first page is a bunch of results for some real estate agent, which makes sense because he's trying to show up there and I'm mostly trying not to.  Guess it depends on your definition of successful but if it's between me and that guy, I think I have him beat.  

Share my name with a British motivational speaker for teens.  First couple of pages are him.  He published a self help book.  He has YouTube videos, but so do cats.  So, maybe it's a wash?

My face is only one on the first page of google image search. I only found one other person with my same name, and he appears to have lost a court case that went all the way up to the PA Supreme Court

I think I'm kind of in a tie. I'm the first on the Google with my IMDB writing/producing credits(which are fairly lame), but there's a dude with an indie rock band that seems to be doing okay as well as a composer who has his own film credits. Also a graphic designer in Canada. Image search has me like 5th, so maybe I lose this one. 

Some math professor used to come up before me. Now old Oats takes up the whole first page of google search.  SUCK IT MATH NERD 

Some math professor used to come up before me. Now old Oats takes up the whole first page of google search.  SUCK IT MATH NERD 
I've got several professors in front of me, but you know the saying...those who can do, do...those who can't teach.

First name is super common. Last name is super un-common. Found a guy in my same city with the same name, and same middle initial (although different middle name) and he's a well known oncologist. Can't really beat that. Have actually had people thank me a couple of times when they first met me because they thought I was him. 

First name is super common. Last name is super un-common. Found a guy in my same city with the same name, and same middle initial (although different middle name) and he's a well known oncologist. Can't really beat that. Have actually had people thank me a couple of times when they first met me because they thought I was him. 
I found the same thing. My name is uncommon but there were a few MDs with my name.

Nope.  I'm outshined by a Grammy award winning musician and a golf pro better known as a teacher than a player.

My friend's wife is named Kristen and she goes by Krissie. She's really sensitive about her name, too. Her husband is a state senator and was asking me this exact same question the other day. He is very successful but dude sings in the shower way to much. That knocks him down a few pegs in my book. He is also a well-known, documented litterbug.

My vote is no - I share the same name as a state senator.  He’s definitely more known than I am.
I was glad to open the thread and see criteria set for how to define success. These threads often don't do that. Still, I have a question. What if the person sharing our name were to have knocks against them? Such as a personality trait that would diminish their perceived success level. For example, what if a man were very successful in politics but known to roll the windows up and lock them when he farts in his car? Does that count against him? Or if the person was a known, documented litterbug..

I was glad to open the thread and see criteria set for how to define success. These threads often don't do that. Still, I have a question. What if the person sharing our name were to have knocks against them? Such as a personality trait that would diminish their perceived success level. For example, what if a man were very successful in politics but known to roll the windows up and lock them when he farts in his car? Does that count against him? Or if the person was a known, documented litterbug..
Knock against, sure - make them less famous, no.  I always assume celebs and rich people are #######s until proven otherwise anyway.

My name.com is owned by a very handsome masseuse and amateur rick climber out of the PNW. 

There was also a pitcher for the Mets who pitched 2 innings in 1969. That was his entire MLB career. 

So no. Pretty common name. 

Straight up last name? Not a chance. Revolutionary war takes care of that straight away. Heck my families coat of arms that I have hanging in a frame on my wall has a clone in a famous historic inn near me.  

First/Last name? Still lose. There has been senator (different middle name) with my name. There seem to be some lawyers and doctors with the name too. Even a hedge fund manager. While I am an FBG, I am likely not making hedge fund manager dough. 

I'd say no, but I didn't get my doors completely blown off.

Well, I am not a murderer and sex offender in Australia (first name spelled slightly different, but we share a first, middle and last name).... 

but there are several with my same first and last name in seemingly similar places in life around the US.  

guess you'll need to define success.

One dude dominates my google search. I think he's smarter than me, but I probably have more dough. His profile says he's a Stanford POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOW.

So define success...

Users who are viewing this thread