What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Twitter permanently bans Trump (1 Viewer)

timschochet

Footballguy
This subject is being fiercely debated this morning, as the family of the woman that President Trump is falsely accusing Joe Scarborough of murdering is demanding that Twitter takes action and delete the tweets in question. Should they?

Last edited by a moderator:
Were I the boss of Twitter, I don't think I would censor such statements.  However, for provable false statements, I would consider implementing a feature that highlights such tweets (and retweets) as false.

No....unless they are going to do it to everyone. Yes, I understand that they can do what they want as a private company. 

No. For one thing Trump is in the midst of this humanitarian disaster and is trying to spin his way out of it. He desperately wants to use this to claim censorship and Class-A ####storm, I think Dorsey knows this.

Secondly leaders of countries are public officials, we need to "see" what they are doing.

But there's no question what Trump has done and is doing is violating every letter and ounce of spirit in the user T&C.

What the President of the UNITED STATES is doing to the Klausutis family is disgraceful, both to him personally and us as a country, the world sees what our leader is doing, that is who he is, let them see it.

Such a lawsuit would drag out in court forever and do little good. 
It may drag out but that is no reason to not follow through on such a lawsuit. The lawsuit would also help highlight defamatory statements and also highlight other statements Trump has made. It may bring others out of the woodwork to stand up to him. The first one through the wall always gets bloody but there has to be a first.

Depends on what Trump says. If it's provably false, then it should be deleted.

But if it's just thinly-veiled accusations and opinions, then he shouldn't be treated any differently than any other blowhard on social media.

It is still shocking to me that his supporters allow him to get away with the constant lying. His tweets about Lamb this weekend are not as horrible as the Scarborough ones, but they are really easy to prove are lies. I just can't imagine how someone can swallow this stuff. 

Pretty torn here. It lets people see he's a lunatic. On the other hand many people can't separate the truth from his trolling / his deranged mind.

I'll go with surrounding posts that are fabrications, conspiracy theory, etc in a giant red box or something to obviously flag them.

It is obviously a slippery slope, and I would just leave it as - Twitter should treat Trump (or any blue check) the same as everyone else.

If Trump sends a tweet that violates the terms and conditions of Twitter, then it should be dealt with by Twitter - otherwise twitter opens themselves up to lawsuits claiming discrimination for disparate treatment.

(I offer no opinion on whether his latest tweets (or any tweets) violate the TOS because I have no idea what the TOS are).

The reality is Trump drives clicks/eyeballs to twitter, which in turn drive ad-revenue to Twitter - so of course there are different rules for people like Trump.

It is obviously a slippery slope, and I would just leave it as - Twitter should treat Trump (or any blue check) the same as everyone else.

If Trump sends a tweet that violates the terms and conditions of Twitter, then it should be dealt with by Twitter - otherwise twitter opens themselves up to lawsuits claiming discrimination for disparate treatment.

(I offer no opinion on whether his latest tweets (or any tweets) violate the TOS because I have no idea what the TOS are).

The reality is Trump drives clicks/eyeballs to twitter, which in turn drive ad-revenue to Twitter - so of course there are different rules for people like Trump.

This.

So does my son
Thank you, and my sincere best regards. We lost a 2nd cousin, my uncle's son and a daughter, in their 20s, and my aunt through the course of it.

Now imagine the rage this family must feel, the absolute powerlessness at the cruelty, of the world's most powerful man blasting out sheer lies to his 80 million+ followers about their daughter and wife and aunt not only being murdered but being in an affair. Imagine the nieces and nephews reading this sick crap one day, maybe hearing about it at school. This will never, ever go away.

timschochet said:
Such a lawsuit would drag out in court forever and do little good. 
and would guarantee that Trump would tweet about it for years. Just what every family wants, a President publicly harassing them about their dead daughter for 2 years. 

SaintsInDome2006 said:
With a heart condition it is, very. - You're accusing Lori Klausitis of an affair as well, yes?
Sergei Grinkov died at 28 due to an unknown birth defect. He was a multi-time Olympic champion and seemingly as healthy as any 28 year old on the planet. It's rare but absolutely happens. 

timschochet said:
This subject is being fiercely debated this morning, as the family of the woman that President Trump is falsely accusing Joe Scarborough of murdering is demanding that Twitter takes action and delete the tweets in question. Should they?
He should have his account suspended.

Sergei Grinkov died at 28 due to an unknown birth defect. He was a multi-time Olympic champion and seemingly as healthy as any 28 year old on the planet. It's rare but absolutely happens. 
Thank you. Klausutis was 28, and my cousin was 28 going on 29.

Cjw_55106 said:
No....unless they are going to do it to everyone. Yes, I understand that they can do what they want as a private company. 
He violates their terms and conditions regularly. He is not being treated like everyone else, he has been given a free pass by Twitter. 

knowledge dropper said:
 I don’t know as much about the case as our President who has all levels of law enforcement data at his disposal.  
Even if he has actual inside info from LEAs, there couldn't possibly be a worse way of handling it. 

Even if he has actual inside info from LEAs, there couldn't possibly be a worse way of handling it. 
Inside info..indicating guilt...yet we see no arrest?  
He has no inside info...just a way to deflect from actually criticizing the awful behavior.

Inside info..indicating guilt...yet we see no arrest?  
He has no inside info...just a way to deflect from actually criticizing the awful behavior.
I am sure he doesn't and I agree that this is just something he saw on TV and he doesn't like Joe so it gives him ammo. Plus it makes for a nice distraction. However, sometimes LEO will be pretty sure about a certain case but not have the evidence to issue a warrant. I was just saying, even one actually believes Trump knows something here, in no way does that excuse his horrible tweets. 

timschochet said:
Your post should be censored and fixed, so your entire thread isn't based on a lie. Trump is asking questions, not accusing him of murder.

Users who are viewing this thread