What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Looking for 3 Dynasty League GMs (1 Viewer)

C09F

Footballguy
I am the commissioner of a 12 team dynasty League through Yahoo going into its 17th year. Last year in March the co-commissioner passed away unexpectedly and three of the general managers played one more season but said their heart was no longer into it. Nine of the current GM's have been in the league for more than 10 years and want to keep it going for another 10 to 15 easy. I am looking for three general managers who want to be a part of a Dynasty League for many many years. Given the way the league is set up, these new general managers will take over teams that already have players on their roster, to include all accumulated draft picks to date, much like a real NFL GM would go through if they were hired to take over a team. Depending on which team you got, you gut it and collect youth and draft picks and build for the future, or you may be closer to competing for a title right away. 

We play with 26 man rosters, individual defensive players, and we are a 24/7/365 league where you can trade future draft picks, trade FAB budget, etc. Every year during the off-season we operate through a Google spreadsheet that shows everyone's rosters and everyone's draft picks, along with all completed offseason trades. Each year we have a two round rookie draft, where we draft all of the incoming rookies offline, typically giving each GM a day or so to make their selection. once Yahoo opens up the league officially I manually update all of the rosters and draft picks through the site and we kick the season off. When the season ends I update the Google spreadsheet to reflect all the rosters and draft picks from the previous season and we operate offline until Yahoo opens up again. 

For a league like this, the number one priority is that you are responsive to trade offers and emails from other general managers, throughout the year. Nothing is worse than when you're trying to talk to another GM and they are unresponsive for weeks and weeks. We want people who love football and love fantasy football, and want to be involved in it all year round, and who truly feel like they own a team. In the previous 15 years we never needed a pool of money to win, because we always prioritize pride over money, but we are looking to change that so that the top two teams receive a bonus payout, and we are also in the process of creating an NHL-like trophy that engraves all of the previous, and newest, champion. 

This is a really fun league with a really good group of folks, but it just so happens we need a couple more people to join. 

If this sounds like something you are interested in, either respond to this or email me at corey.ferris@ gmail. com. 

We are in the midst of finalizing keepers over the next couple weeks, and looking to start the offseason rookie draft sometime in June. 

Users who are viewing this thread