What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Unthinkable...Trading Lamar Jax for this Overhaul?? (1 Viewer)

laughinboy_2000

Footballguy
Can't believe I'm asking this, but am I crazy to accept this?  I would essentially be adding depth to my entire team, but trading Lamar Jackson.  Here is the rundown on the league.

12 Team PPR Dynasty - I can start 1-2 QBs, 2-4 RBs, 2-4 WRs, 1-3 TEs. 

Current Roster:

QBs:LJax, Minshew, Foles

RB: Aaron Jones, Kareem Hunt, Chase Edmonds, Tarik Cohens, Ito Smith, Gus Edwards, Jamal Williams

WR: Golladay, Calvin Ridley, Gallup, Crowder, Robby Anderson, Arcega-Whiteside, James Washington, Tyrell Williams

TE: Olsen, Ian Thomas

Other teams is offering me the following which would provide me some depth at every position.

QB Baker Mayfield - New Coach and lots of weapons?

RB Josh Jacobs - Top 10 Dynasty back everywhere I've looked?  Looks impressive on film?

WR: Michael Pittman Jr. High draft spot; Great Landing spot; TY not getting any younger? 

All of that for Lamar Jackson.  Am I crazy for even thinking about trading him here?  I think I could possible get TJ Hockenstein out of this deal if I add in Ian Thomas?

What's the play FBG Nation?  Thanks for any thoughts.

I am passing...  not enough value in return for me to move Jackson, especially in a projected 2 start QB.  I have Jackson valued higher than the three combined.  I would have to be blown away with an offer to move him.

@jwsbowler

He has Jonathan Taylor due to the rookie draft pick?  So, Taylor, Pittman Jr., and Mayfield for LJax?  I'm tempted here, but I doubt he would accept?

I fully expect a regression for LJax.  I just don't think he can keep up the pace from last year?  Thoughts?

I don't think this is enough and the second offer (Taylor instead of Jacobs) is even worse since you have no idea if Taylor will be a good fantasy asset.  You know Jacobs will be because he has done it.

In order to give up a difference maker you need to get a difference maker back.  Sure the deals involve players that "could" be good.  They are all hopeful evaluations.  If you give up Jackson you really have no reliable QB's.  Getting Mayfield doesn't really help that.  Pittman is a rookie WR that could be good but he may not be. 

You are trading the most exciting difference maker in the league for a bunch of hopes and dreams.  In addition, you aren't one or two players away from a title.  Your team doesn't need improved depth.  It needs improved starters.  I just don't see you getting that in this deal. 

@jwsbowler

He has Jonathan Taylor due to the rookie draft pick?  So, Taylor, Pittman Jr., and Mayfield for LJax?  I'm tempted here, but I doubt he would accept?

I fully expect a regression for LJax.  I just don't think he can keep up the pace from last year?  Thoughts?
I am still not doing it.  Especially in a 2 QB style, I am not giving up Jackson for that package.  

If you trade, you have to start Mayfield...  a big set back.  Getting a solid starting RB, good...  a projected rookie???  I want more.  Not just on starter and a couple of potentials.  Gally is right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jackson is a stud.  No way am I dealing Jackson for any of these packages. Especially in a superflex league.

This is a classic dealing a half dollar and 2 quarters for a dollar.  Always take the dollar.  You can always get quarter and even half dollar players through trades and waiver wire.

I don't like it, 1 stud for a bunch of players looks better for the guy getting the bunch at first glance but is often not the right play.

I own Lamar Jackson in all but one of my leagues and I would do this in a 1 QB league in a flash but I don't think you can do it in SF.  I don't play in the format but just basing it on what I have seen in the dynasty trade threads it seems like bad value for a premium QB.

You can do better.

If you told everyone in your league that Jackson was available for a trade and I reckon you'd get a better offer than that, even with the reduction in perceived value due to your willingness to deal him.

I'm passing on this offer as well.  I think you kind of answered it yourself..."I would essentially be adding depth to my entire team, but trading Lamar Jackson."

So you'd be trading your highest scoring player, for guys that wouldn't even be starters?  Add in that it is a superflex league and his value is even higher.

Easy "reject" for me.

I agree with everyone above really.  In superflex, I know you could get more.   For sure, don't accept the trade offer!  Counter at the very least...LOL

I don't see a WR upgrade, a TE upgrade, or a 2021 first round pick in that offer, etc.  Either decline, take a look at his roster and counter (so your interests are taken into account) and/or dangle Jackson to the rest of league if you are strongly thinking about trading him.  Start a bidding war!!!!   Good Luck @laughinboy_2000

Users who are viewing this thread