Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
wazoo11

controversial movie takes you have

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I think the movie fight club is overrated 🤷‍♂️

What's your FFA?

Edited by wazoo11
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wazoo11 said:

I think the movie fight club is overrated 🤷‍♂️

What's your FFA?

I feel the same way about Dumb and Dumber mainly because I can't stand Jim Carrey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Star Wars is only ever OK at best (even the original trilogy).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You had to not be paying attention if you didn't know what was happening in Sixth Sense.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blair Witch Project was the perfect example of a garbage movie that was blessed with expert marketing. 

The Shape of Water  was grossly over-rated.  Basically a non-animated parallel story to Beauty and the Beast.  

This one will probably discredit everything that I've ever posted on these boards--but I actually have enjoyed a few Nicholas Cage movies 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't think it was realistic that a crowd of Russian boxing fans would switch allegiance from their homeland boxer to an American boxer mid fight in Rocky IV. 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NeverEnding Story really is over. There will be no more sequels, I promise.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Angry Beavers said:

How does Tom Cruise shoot down enemy aircraft and not start WWIII in TopGun?

Two lines of dialogue 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Generally like Tarantino movies but feel like the Kill Bill movies suck. Just don't do it for me at all. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Godfather

Not remotely the greatest movie ever. Not even the best gangster movie. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Andy Dufresne said:

The Godfather

Not remotely the greatest movie ever. Not even the best gangster movie. 

Now, that's not because it fights Shawshank for #1 on most lists, right? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ConstruxBoy said:

Now, that's not because it fights Shawshank for #1 on most lists, right? ;)

No. And Shawshank really isn't either. Still great though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dumb and Dumber, the Adam Sandler movies, Tommy Boy, etc. - the main theme of these movies is to create a character who is abnormally stupid, even mentally handicapped or with some other cognitive disability, so viewers can enjoy laughing at how stupid they are.  Yes, the standard trope has some condescending redeeming event in the end.  I'm not on a soapbox about this, but can say I've never watched any of these movies.  Just based on trailers and clips, I have no desire. Not funny, not entertaining for me in the least.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:
23 minutes ago, ConstruxBoy said:

Now, that's not because it fights Shawshank for #1 on most lists, right? ;)

No. And Shawshank really isn't either. Still great though.

I've never seen Shawshank.

At this point I'm just trying to go through my life not seeing it.  I may watch it on my death bed, but probably not.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hated ET and still do.

Hated Harry Potter and still do.  

Refuse to see Thema and Louise.

Despise vast majority of comic book movies being crapped out every year.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ConstruxBoy said:

Generally like Tarantino movies but feel like the Kill Bill movies suck. Just don't do it for me at all. 

I don't really like any of the Tarantino movies.  I just am not entertained by them.  Don't seem like they are worth my time.  I have tried but there hasn't been any that I like.  Some I can tolerate but don't like any of them.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CletiusMaximus said:

Dumb and Dumber, the Adam Sandler movies, Tommy Boy, etc. - the main theme of these movies is to create a character who is abnormally stupid, even mentally handicapped or with some other cognitive disability, so viewers can enjoy laughing at how stupid they are.  Yes, the standard trope has some condescending redeeming event in the end.  I'm not on a soapbox about this, but can say I've never watched any of these movies.  Just based on trailers and clips, I have no desire. Not funny, not entertaining for me in the least.

 

 

I, on the other hand, love seeing people dumber than me. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Coyote Ugly is the perfect date movie.  It's a chick flick with lots of good to look at.  It has something for everyone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2001: A Space Odyssey is boring AF.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bracie Smathers said:

Hated ET and still do.

Hated Harry Potter and still do.  

Refuse to see Thema and Louise.

Despise vast majority of comic book movies being crapped out every year.

I've never seen or read anything in regards to Harry Potter and so many of my friends and acquaintances seemed beyond shocked by that.  Your post makes me feel slightly better about not allocating them any time or energy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I read some of these takes in here, I realize how it's possible that places like Olive Garden have a 90-minute wait for a table.

  • Like 6
  • Laughing 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Majority of comic book movies stink (I’ll give you the first Iron Man and one of the Thors) and pretty much every Spider-Man is trash. 

Edited by The General
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a fan of Chris Farley.  Movies like Tommy Boy are decent but that is somewhat in spite of his over the top antics.  He could have toned it down and it would have been much better.  Not a fan of the screaming, over the top aspects.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ProstheticRGK said:

When I read some of these takes in here, I realize how it's possible that places like Olive Garden have a 90-minute wait for a table.

I love their soup/salad/breadsticks.  With that said--I fully admit that I have the tastebuds of a 10 year old. 

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Caddyshack is not funny

 

Try showing it to someone who's never seen it before. You'll be lucky to get two laughs.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wes Anderson has 2 decent movies, the rest are odd pretentious tripe.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

Caddyshack is not funny

 

Try showing it to someone who's never seen it before. You'll be lucky to get two laughs.

It did not age well for sure. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wazoo11 said:

I think the movie fight club is overrated 🤷‍♂️

What's your FFA?

Yup.  Agreed.  

Gladiator was dumb too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

Caddyshack is not funny

 

Try showing it to someone who's never seen it before. You'll be lucky to get two laughs.

I dunno, Rodney Dangerfield has some scenes that hold up really well.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched Wonder Woman (with Gail Gadot) with my daughter on advice that this would be the perfect super hero movie for us to watch together.  

It was head-spinningly stupid and emboldens my resolve to never watch another action/comic/superhero/whatever movie again.  One and only.  Never again.  Awful.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The Godfather is the most overrated film of all time.

Superhero movies largely suck and have contributed to the degradation of modern film originality and artistry.

Rogue One is the second best Star Wars film after only the Empire Strikes Back.

Television/miniseries have now surpassed feature films as the highest quality product in visual entertainment.

 

 

Edited by TripItUp
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, CletiusMaximus said:

Dumb and Dumber, the Adam Sandler movies, Tommy Boy, etc. - the main theme of these movies is to create a character who is abnormally stupid, even mentally handicapped or with some other cognitive disability, so viewers can enjoy laughing at how stupid they are.  Yes, the standard trope has some condescending redeeming event in the end.  I'm not on a soapbox about this, but can say I've never watched any of these movies.  Just based on trailers and clips, I have no desire. Not funny, not entertaining for me in the least.

You just described the entirety of my FBG posting career.

Also, Black Swan was awful. Even girl on girl action couldn't save it. Worst. Movie. Ever /comicbookguy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tarantino movies are awful shlock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if a movie/show has zombies or flying dragons or other things of that sort....I think you wasting your time watching them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A movie only needs three things to be good:

  • bullets
  • fire
  • people falling from really high

Any movie with all three is good. And, you can use "frontal nudity" as a wildcard to fill in any missing one and it'll still be a good movie.

This formula has never failed.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The General said:

Majority of comic book movies stink (I’ll give you the first Iron Man and one of the Thors) and pretty much every Spider-Man is trash. 

Only like the Nolan Batman movies my self. 

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Walking Boot said:

Caddyshack is not funny

 

Try showing it to someone who's never seen it before. You'll be lucky to get two laughs.

Showed Holy Grail to my kids recently. I think they laughed once. I did not laugh nearly as many times as I remember laughing back in the day. I'd rather sit around with friends quoting the movie than actually watching the movie.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

The Godfather is the most overrated film of all time.

Superhero movies largely suck and have contributed to the degradation of modern film originality and artistry.

Rogue One is the second best Star Wars film after only the Empire Strikes Back.

Television/miniseries have now surpassed film as the highest quality product in visual entertainment.

 

 

Liked for the middle two sentences. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ConstruxBoy said:

Only like the Nolan Batman movies my self. 

I forgot about those. Those were also good. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gally said:

Not a fan of Chris Farley.  Movies like Tommy Boy are decent but that is somewhat in spite of his over the top antics.  He could have toned it down and it would have been much better.  Not a fan of the screaming, over the top aspects.

Sounds like you live in a van down by the river

  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Car chases are stupid and boring.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, ConstruxBoy said:

Only like the Nolan Batman movies my self. 

Watchmen

Nolan's Batmans

Iron Man 1

 

Are the only superhero movies of the past 20 years I'd consider to be 5 stars.  

Edited by TripItUp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, General Malaise said:

I watched Wonder Woman (with Gail Gadot) with my daughter on advice that this would be the perfect super hero movie for us to watch together.  

It was head-spinningly stupid and emboldens my resolve to never watch another action/comic/superhero/whatever movie again.  One and only.  Never again.  Awful.

I got through the first few minutes. The old silly tv show was better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

in Rudy, everything bad happens once that ND jacket shows up: 

- Rudy's buddy dies
- Rudy can't get into ND on his grades alone
- Rudy has to turn into a pimp for his newfound friend so he can get tutoring
- Rudy lies to the woman he likes and gets busted for it after too many beers
- Rudy resorts to crime (breaking and entering) to find housing
- Rudy's girlfriend cheats on him with his own brother
- Rudy keeps getting rejection letters from ND while at Holy Cross

all of these things take place while Rudy is wearing that jacket. things finally start to turn around for him once he takes it off, and opens the ND acceptance letter on that park bench by the lake. by taking the ND jacket off, God cuts Rudy a break and lets him get on with his life. God hates that jacket. 

 

Edited by Quint
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

A movie only needs three things to be good:

  • bullets
  • fire
  • people falling from really high

Any movie with all three is good. And, you can use "frontal nudity" as a wildcard to fill in any missing one and it'll still be a good movie.

This formula has never failed.

Harvey Keitel fan eh 

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, dgreen said:

Showed Holy Grail to my kids recently. I think they laughed once. I did not laugh nearly as many times as I remember laughing back in the day. I'd rather sit around with friends quoting the movie than actually watching the movie.

This is how I am with Dumb &  Dumber.  I remember not thinking it was that great of movie until starting to talk about the jokes with friends.  Laughed more then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

Watchmen

Nolan's Batmans

Iron Man 1

 

Are the only superhero movies of the past 20 years I'd consider to be 5 stars.  

I thought Guardians of the Galaxy was really good.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.