What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summer Camp Poll for FBGs with kids (1 Viewer)

What will your kids be doing this summer?

• I don't have children

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • My children are too old for any summer camp / activities

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Summer Day Camp - Same format as 2019

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Summer Day Camp - Different format from 2019

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Sleep Away Camp

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Stay at Home Due to COVID

Votes: 28 45.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Summer School - On Campus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Summer School - Virtual

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Z Machine

Footballguy
I was wondering what the situation is for most of the FBG kids for the summer.  Around here, some are going to open with some social distancing restrictions, but most look like they will not open this summer.

It's gonna be a long few months...

Last edited by a moderator:
Algebra immersion prior to her HS freshman year ... 4 hrs. a day, M-Th

starts 6/22, lasts 5 weeks ... on campus, hopefully - no official word yet. 

man, we are really waffling on this one.  kids typically do summer school for a couple weeks & then have individual camps they do for another week.  they start mid-june and end mid-july, generally.  

and in the past they've done sports & swim lessons.

all that is.... at least delayed. summer school was pushed back a month. sports are off until further notice and the YMCA is re-opening next week, but we'll probably punt on swim lessons.

they'll be home with me while i wfh... and hopefully school re-opens in the fall.

We plan to get them in one or two, but are awaiting organizers to disclose their policies before signing them up. So while I picked day camp/same it depends on those policies. I am happy that the baseball restrictions aren't crazy, so at the very least we'll get them out playing some little leeg.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Staying home because if covid.  Not by choice camps don't open until July 6.

She was supposed to be a Jr  counselor this year

I have no clue what to do. Im hoping Cuomo just closes all camps. My wife and I are fighting about this. She wants him going to camp to have something to do. I'd rather save the $2k. I'll also be wfh all summer and taking vacation so he can stay home with me. At the same time if im working that means he's indoors all day. 

My son hates camp btw.

Voted "home due to COVID-19" but I hope that changes. Daughter has been going to same day camp for 5 years. She's 10. Suffolk County here.

Algebra immersion prior to her HS freshman year ... 4 hrs. a day, M-Th

starts 6/22, lasts 5 weeks ... on campus, hopefully - no official word yet. 
NYC? Phase 1 opens on 6/8. Very interested to see if on-campus is happening 6/22.

Our son's camp just announced it is cancelling.  I'm fine with the decision, but hugely disappointed.  He was going to start counselor training this year and was going to stay 3 weeks.  All sports camps are cancelled for both of our kids.  He is doing a virtual/zoom workout program through his school's weightlifting group. 15 years old so he's absolutely buzzing to get out and spend time with his friends.  We're scrambling to set our 9 year old up with some classes via zoom and may do a math thing for her.

My kids are older now but I would still consider a targeted sports day camp if one is available for my younger two.  I just mentioned in the main Covid thread that my sons AAU basketball team is going to start practicing again next week.  I'm very nervous and skeptical of letting him do a contact sport right now. 

I work at a day camp. Chicago suburbs. We are starting later (July 6th) Hoping to be in phase four but have a plan for phase 3. Sucks the pools are closed, no field trips blahhhh

I expect sports to open up in some capacity, so my son's (10) ice hockey team will have summer training

We didn't have a vacation planned this summer instead we were planning on putting a pool in. Seems like the best summer to be planning a lot of staycation time. 

I expect sports to open up in some capacity, so my son's (10) ice hockey team will have summer training

We didn't have a vacation planned this summer instead we were planning on putting a pool in. Seems like the best summer to be planning a lot of staycation time. 
Apparently all the pool places by me are booked through the summer

The camps my kids usually go to were canceled so I’m creating our own. We will go with friends to do the same stuff they would have done. Even looking into renting a camp facility. The fl governor said camps and sports and whatever can open. But the ones  we do opted to stay canceled. 

My daughter keeps talking about wanting to ride a pony at camp this summer.  If camps don't open, I guess we'll just have to figure out another way for her to ride a pony this summer.

Traditional scout camp cancelled. My son aged out but I still help out. Trying to put some small outings together. Daughter is hoping marching band isn’t a wash. BIG band kid.

Son just started training to be a supervisor of lifeguards at ConeyIsland (Cincinnati].  He loves it and they are opening with restrictions soon so I am happy for him.

jobarules said:
Apparently all the pool places by me are booked through the summer
yes, same here. Our local newspaper ran a story saying "pools were the new toilet paper" 

We actually had this in the works before the virus hit. We pushed pause to see where it and our jobs were trending, but eventually signed a few weeks before the lock down ended and were able to get on the schedule early. Its not ideal b/c I'm in NY and they just opened phase 1 so the pool company can start digging as of late last week. We are set for June 22 so it will be mid summer before its 100% finished and they say we can swim while they do the patio work.

It also worked as bit in our favor b/c they included a few free upgrades into the package when things were really slow, like a free robot and free automation package. 

5 year old's daycare "opens" back up Monday.  Different protocols of course- ie no parents in the building, they get temps taken in the way in, scheduled pick ups so not too many kids and parents outside at once, etc.  

I was wondering what the situation is for most of the FBG kids for the summer.  Around here, some are going to open with some social distancing restrictions, but most look like they will not open this summer.

It's gonna be a long few months...
Still no word in NY what's going on afaik. 

So still no idea what we're doing.

NYC pools will be closed. beaches will probably be fully open, but will be a disaster in terms of crowds and access (both main public beaches are accessible by subway).

Were debating staying in MD shore longer.

The summer camp where my son works plans to open a month late in July. He’ll be doing counselor training in June and then working a term in late July and early August. 

Voted other...now our kids are home for the summer usually but go to a variety of camps.    Most have been cancelled.

Son's week long out of state church camp was cancelled.  No surprise there, hard to have kids and adults from all over the place come together in one place and interact like that.

Same for his boy scout summer camp...again, close quarters with people from all over.  They are, however, allowing individual troops to use the boy scout reserveation and hold their own summer camps...but have to use their own tents (vs the platform tents and cots at the reservation).

His band/drum camps have been pushed back...not sure yet if they will really have a marching season anyway.  My guess is in July they will be having a camp starting with individual sections being able to meet and stay a bit distanced.  Then be able to come together but still stay distanced.  Actually shouldn't be too hard for them to distance while working on their show.

Daughter had 2 camps cancelled...Girl Scout camp and Camp Invention where she would have been a counselor in training this year)  Son may have also gone to that camp as a counselor this year.

NYC pools will be closed. beaches will probably be fully open, but will be a disaster in terms of crowds and access (both main public beaches are accessible by subway).

Were debating staying in MD shore longer.
I would stay in MD. Smaller crowds, and if you have access to a pool, perhaps you can avoid the beach crowds too.

I guess I'm the only one doing it based on the pole.  Their original sleep away camp cancelled, so sending them to another one. 4 weeks.  Not at all worried.

2 out of three kids (Son, 16 and Daughter 13) were supposed to be going to Space Camp in AL in late June. The guy was going for his 4th time and our daughter for her 2nd. Their week was cancelled due to the virus, but we were given the opportunity to reschedule, but because the guy and potentially the girl will hopefully have the camp for their marching band in August, we didn't have any time available.

We were planning as a family to head from AL to WI to visit family and spend a relaxing week or so in the northern woods. This will likely still happen since things are working a bit easier up there.

I just got news that the YMCA summer camps here in Maryland will start as planned on June 22.  Back in January, we paid a deposit for almost the entire summer, including 2 weeks at their adventure camps (with the aforementioned pony rides).  Not sure what to do now.  We can likely handle the kids at home all summer, epecially since I'm on furlough.  They are reducing the size of the groups, and keeping it almost 100% outdoors, but there's still likely to be a lot of kid:kid interaction and risk of transmission.

FWIW, the Y said they are following the CDC's Camp Operation Guidehttps://www.acacamps.org/resource-library/coronavirus/camp-business/camp-operations-guide-summer-2020

13 year olds summer resident soccer camp was canceled due to the University where they have it cancelling all summer programs. 16 year old was going to scooter/action sports camp but with like 500+ kids there from all over the country and sharing a bunkhouse we decided against it this year. They say they are going to open in July who knows.

usually do summer camp with the local school but people in charge decided to cancel all the summer stuff like 6 weeks ago.  still sitting on 343 cases out of 380K  people in my county.  

he will go to pool and do some stuff around our house i guess.  its going to be a boring summer for him watching us work and he basically sits around the house all day

I guess I'm the only one doing it based on the pole.  Their original sleep away camp cancelled, so sending them to another one. 4 weeks.  Not at all worried.
Both of our daughters are doing camp for a week.  They are reducing camp capacity by 50%

Users who are viewing this thread