What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dryer getting too hot (1 Viewer)

Big League Chew

Footballguy
Dryer wasn’t heating so I replaced heating element  thermostat and fuse. Now it’s going Over 200 degrees on high and 170 on low
This normal?

I doubt this has anything to do with the original question but if you use dryer sheets you need to clean the lint trap with soap and a tooth brush every few weeks. 

Hastur said:
I doubt this has anything to do with the original question but if you use dryer sheets you need to clean the lint trap with soap and a tooth brush every few weeks. 
Just did a thorough cleaning of the vents. We don’t use those sheets though. Running first load now doesn’t seem terribly hot. I was reading those temps on an empty load

Hastur said:
What? Why?

Microfibers build up and restrict airflow, which causes the dryer motor to work harder and burn out faster. 

Take the lint trap and run a little water thru it. If the water pools it needs to be cleaned.
I don't do the toothbrush routine, just run the lint screen under water and rub your fingers over the entire screen. It's pretty obvious when it's clean because the water goes right through the screen after you have cleaned it. Before you rinse off any loose lint and rub the screen, the water doesn't flow through it normally as you mentioned.

I don't do the toothbrush routine, just run the lint screen under water and rub your fingers over the entire screen. It's pretty obvious when it's clean because the water goes right through the screen after you have cleaned it. Before you rinse off any loose lint and rub the screen, the water doesn't flow through it normally as you mentioned.
The youtube videos I watched said to use a toothbrush, but I can imagine they are just going a step further.  I was unaware just your hand and water would work.  I will try that next time.

The youtube videos I watched said to use a toothbrush, but I can imagine they are just going a step further.  I was unaware just your hand and water would work.  I will try that next time.
Yeah, works great with just my fingers. That’s what she said. Had to do that to myself after I typed it.

Like you mentioned it’s obvious when the airflow is restricted. The water pools and after cleaning, it flows straight through. I’m sure the toothbrush gets it extra clean but if you do it every few months I don’t think you need it and you don’t have to go looking for one! Heck, any rag or strong paper towel would likely do the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread