What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bunch of riots going on (1 Viewer)

comfortably numb

Footballguy
is this a political forum topic? I don't see anything on it here.

Either way...stay safe out there. 

If you see a large crowd gathering together it could turn uncontrollably violent instantly. 

Lots of chaos in downtown Chicago and it’s still going on, despite a curfew that started almost an hour ago.  Lots of BLM graffiti everywhere, including all over City Hall.  The city even raised bridges over the river to break up the crowds and momentum.

I live out in suburban Long Island NY and I've heard rumors of rioting being planned for some of our local town centers. This is no bueno.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live out in suburban Long Island NY and I've heard rumors of rioting being planned for some of our local town centers. This is no bueno.
My in-laws live in one of the unincorporated Hempstead towns. Worried for them. Upstate, Rochester and surrounding county is on an 8 PM curfew.

I remember hearing stories of Garden City home invasions from Hempstead when the lights were out in 2012. Not sure if this was confirmed. Lot of poorer areas back upto mighty wealthy areas on the Island.

FedEx will have some explaining to do. :eek:  Hard to blame the driver, though. 

[icon] said:
FedEx will have some explaining to do. :eek:  Hard to blame the driver, though. 
Yeah, I watched that yesterday.  Tragic, but I didn't find the driver did everything wrong. 

is this a political forum topic? I don't see anything on it here.

Either way...stay safe out there. 

If you see a large crowd gathering together it could turn uncontrollably violent instantly. 
Agree CN, we don't need to go all political, but is it political to just warn folks to be safe? I want no part of any Urban sprawl right now, not because I am for or against this cause or that cause, I just don't want to be mistaken for a "Bad Whatever" and shot. 

I would like to see the violence now turn to MAJOR SIT IN stuff with numbers they can't hold back and take control of the government offices or make them impossible to operate in until they sit down at the table and get this hashed out. 

It feels like everytime the Gov't or Officials open their mouths they prove how out of touch they are and incapable of leading all this pent up anger. That needs to be the focus and the discussion.

Think of like this and mind you i'm attempting to use a little humor to lighten what is an awful topic...National Lampoon's Vacation where Clark is trying to buy the car he wants and Levy just keeps bringing him back to the ugly station wagon...that's what it feels like everytime these clowns come on the TV..."just stay home and live under a Marshall Law like environment for weeks now to punish you and make you all think twice about ever doing this again" and that mentality is why i continue to support the rage more than the police and law enforcement/government at the moment. People are tired of waiting around for things to change. 

Great topic CN, wish you the best, hope people keep an open mind and are ready for some fresh ideas so we can move forward. 

The first thing on the agenda is de-escalation, and the mightiest weapon is not always the sword.

Yeah what's up with that?  Someone told me here in Cleveland they saw a pallet of red bricks just randomly in the street near buildings.  Wtf?
Theory is outside extremists are using the protests as a chance to cause widespread chaos and destruction, transporting bricks, pallets, etc into the cities to be used for destruction.  Seems like a sound theory to me, judging by the difference in level of violence during the days vs. during the nights.

Thanks captain obvious 😱

What the actual ####?  We have riot suppliers now?  
Yes.  Depending on who you believe, ANTIFA, white supremacists, etc.  Maybe extremists from both sides.  I think at this point it's inarguable the main protesters with a central message they are trying to communicate have been overridden by people bent on causing mass destruction and chaos.  At least later in the day in most of these cities.

Yes.  Depending on who you believe, ANTIFA, white supremacists, etc.  Maybe extremists from both sides.  I think at this point it's inarguable the main protesters with a central message they are trying to communicate have been overridden by people bent on causing mass destruction and chaos.  At least later in the day in most of these cities.
There is obviously someone doing the supplying.  Undeniable.

Is this the Joker at work or something?

Now is a great time for Trump not to speak and not to meet with anybody for any reason. 
Someone has to tell the stories of the hard working people whose stores are getting destroyed.  One cannot fight injustice with more injustice upon others.  One cannot enforce the law if one does not follow the laws they protect.

I'd like to enter this as Exhibit "A" please

Imagine having Police fire at you as you're standing on your front porch, what kind of complete nonsense is that? What police chief would even think that's a good idea?
People were complaining Fri night and Saturday about the lack of presence of Law enforcement because of the damage done (which they should have because it was ugly).  There was an 8:00 curfew Saturday night.  I read reports of protesters going into residential areas and Law enforcement looking for them.  Why don't you go inside your house when you are told even though it is not illegal to be outside?  Law enforcement is not sure if that is your residence or you are outside trying to blend in. You are able to go back out when they pass.

People were complaining Fri night and Saturday about the lack of presence of Law enforcement because of the damage done (which they should have because it was ugly).  There was an 8:00 curfew Saturday night.  I read reports of protesters going into residential areas and Law enforcement looking for them.  Why don't you go inside your house when you are told even though it is not illegal to be outside?  Law enforcement is not sure if that is your residence or you are outside trying to blend in. You are able to go back out when they pass.
I was going to write a quick not so witty 1 liner like a chant from the protestors you saw reported but then I thought about it and would rather just say I politely disagree with your POV but I'm sure that's how the Police look at it so in that way i'm glad you are posting it. That said it doesn't justify it any more than looting as an answer for justice. Thanks Snell, hope things are safe for you if you're in Minneapolis. 

I was going to write a quick not so witty 1 liner like a chant from the protestors you saw reported but then I thought about it and would rather just say I politely disagree with your POV but I'm sure that's how the Police look at it so in that way i'm glad you are posting it. That said it doesn't justify it any more than looting as an answer for justice. Thanks Snell, hope things are safe for you if you're in Minneapolis. 
I am not in Minneapolis, (live in Iowa) but been paying very close attention because my daughter lives in Minneapolis.  Been trying to watch Minnesota local stations as much as possible.

I'd like to enter this as Exhibit "A" please

Imagine having Police fire at you as you're standing on your front porch, what kind of complete nonsense is that? What police chief would even think that's a good idea?
Not arguing right or wrong here, but saw this somewhere else and they said that wasn't the police, it was the national guard, and they were told multiple times to go inside as they were violating the curfew and they refused to. Not sure that gives them the right to use force but what is the alternative? Direct physical confrontation and possible worse violence and potential deadly outcomes? Whole thing is a mess.

Not arguing right or wrong here, but saw this somewhere else and they said that wasn't the police, it was the national guard, and they were told multiple times to go inside as they were violating the curfew and they refused to. Not sure that gives them the right to use force but what is the alternative? Direct physical confrontation and possible worse violence and potential deadly outcomes? Whole thing is a mess.
Nobody should ever be fired upon by the government for the simple act of passively standing on their property.  Not directed at you, but rather LE/NG, how small are your balls that you need to fire at someone standing on their front porch? 

Can we discuss stand your ground here?

They announced an 8 pm to 6am curfew in Duuuuvalll county. I was alerted by text, by TV, and by some creepy computerized voice that called my cellphone.

In response I wheeled my trash can to the curb at 8:02 PM.  #habituallinestepper #staysafeyall 

Flipping cars, looting stores, trashing towns, etc is now how to solve the issue.
In fairness, many tried the 'take a knee' approach, and that didn't do much good.

Still chaos here in the Chicago area.  Chicago el trains and bus routes suspended for the night.  Reports of numerous suburbs facing looting at the malls and shopping centers ...both in the near west suburbs (by me) and some much further out 'burbs.  Crazy stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread