What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

No more anonymity (1 Viewer)

Zigg

Footballguy
I'm curious, is it possible to restrict all internet and social media usage to people who are logged in with their real name?  ie, no anonymous accounts, you have to own what you say.  I have no idea how it would be done, but the anonymous hate and stupidity is off the charts.

Before you ask, Zigg is my real name.

meant for this to be in the FFA, but I guess it works here too 

Last edited by a moderator:
I am Spartacus.

In all seriousness though this is never something that would be implemented. These social media platforms are global and there are many countries out there that would punish citizens for some of their views. Actually I'm not sure that wouldn't happen in the US these days. So no. This is not something that could be on the table. 

I participate on a “real names” wine board daily. 

believe me when I say: it doesn’t matter if your real name is used, it’s as bad as anywhere else that allows for anonymous posts. people are going to say stupid #### regardless.  

It’s called Facebook. There’s a lot of stupidity there too
True, always amazed at what people will repost and share on Facebook - Wonder what their kids and grandkids are going to think 20-30 years from now...

Zigg said:
I'm curious, is it possible to restrict all internet and social media usage to people who are logged in with their real name?  ie, no anonymous accounts, you have to own what you say.  I have no idea how it would be done, but the anonymous hate and stupidity is off the charts.

Before you ask, Zigg is my real name.

meant for this to be in the FFA, but I guess it works here too 
Matt Anderson here for anyone who cares...I've said it multiple times before on these boards.  What you're describing is essentially facebook only a little less personal and facebook is FILLED with stuff 100 times worse than what we have here.  Don't names are going to fix it.

I am Shelley Richardson, a 14yo girl from Tarzana. I took over this account after i killed my tormentor in 2013, but did not post until 2016 cuz i couldnt spell good til then

Last edited by a moderator:
Quint said:

believe me when I say: it doesn’t matter if your real name is used, it’s as bad as anywhere else that allows for anonymous posts. people are going to say stupid #### regardless.  
But it does make it a little harder to track you down and harass you.

Quint said:

Yep. Looking at my Facebook feed, this is correct.

Of course some people are stupid enough to make terrible comments using their real name.  Imo, it would be nice if all comments on the internet and social media were linked to your true identity.    

Users who are viewing this thread