What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hitting the snooze (1 Viewer)

How many times do you hit the snooze before getting out of bed?

Votes: 50 40.7%

Votes: 16 13.0%

Votes: 22 17.9%

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • 3+

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • I don't use an alarm

Votes: 21 17.1%

• Total voters

Ned

Footballguy
On average, how many times are you hitting the snooze button before you finally get out of bed?

Will never understand the snooze hitters (dated several and it drove me nuts). I want to maximize as much quality sleep as I can, so I’m setting one alarm for as late as possible. 
My wife is one of these. Will hit snooze for 30 minutes. 

For awhile it was a serious problem, as she had to be at work earlier than me. So instead of both of us getting that extra 30 minutes of good hard sleep she would wake both of us up and go snooze trigger happy for half an hour. 

Drives me nuts just thinking about it.  :wall:

Most days I wake up before the alarm goes off.

I don’t get the snooze hitters. Set the time for when you need to get up, and then get up when the alarm goes off. If you can sleep for another 30 minutes, why interrupt your rest every 10 minutes? It’s especially egregious when you share the bedroom with someone who doesn’t need to get up. I briefly had a roommate in college who liked to repeatedly hit snooze. I kept a jar of pennies at the head of my bed. Starting with the second morning, I threw a handful of pennies at him every time his alarm went off after the first. He changed rooms a couple weeks into the semester.

:shrug:

just kind of always done if this way.  Sometimes it’s only once or twice, or the dog decides it needs to go out mid snooze and then I’m up

ive tried the get right up routine, I just don’t like it 
I take it you’re also into S and M?

This was maybe the biggest change to my life after meeting my wife. 

Before: “I need to get up at 6:30, let’s set the alarm for 6:30.”

My wife: “I need to get up at 6:30, let’s set the alarm for 4:00, 4:15, 4:30, 4:45 and every 15 minutes til it’s time.”

I'm a zero snooze guy.  Wife can snooze for hours.

I believe part of why we're still married is that I just get up and out of her way in the mornings.  I learned early on to just stay out of her way until almost noon, this includes any portion of getting out of bed.  It was a tough adjustment for me, as my early morning hours are usually my most productive.  

Voted 0

I get up on my own but sometimes I can get caught up in doing things like reading, so I set the alarm to make sure I'm out of the house by a certain time. Usually I'm shutting off the alarm while driving to work.

I like to ease into the day, don't like just popping out of bed...... unless I'm late.

ETA: I also have my clock set 23 mins ahead. Not 22, not 24. 23.  :shrug:
We could never be friends. IF YOU KNOW THE CLOCK IS FAST, JUST SET IT CORRECTLY AND ACT ACCORDINGLY!!!  

We could never be friends. IF YOU KNOW THE CLOCK IS FAST, JUST SET IT CORRECTLY AND ACT ACCORDINGLY!!!  
🤷‍♂️

This morning, I fell back asleep with the radio on, woke up panicked that I was late for my meeting. Looked at the clock it said 8:00.... I was like whew It's only 7:36, I have 24 minutes. 

I like to ease into the day, don't like just popping out of bed...... unless I'm late.

How many hours of consecutive, solid sleep do you get then? 

This sort of half-asleep/knowing an alarm is going off shortly nonsense just seems like a total waste of time for me. 

🤷‍♂️

This morning, I fell back asleep with the radio on, woke up panicked that I was late for my meeting. Looked at the clock it said 8:00.... I was like whew It's only 7:36, I have 24 minutes. 
So weird. 

This sort of half-asleep/knowing an alarm is going off shortly nonsense just seems like a total waste of time for me. 
I'm a snoozer - I get 8-9 hours a night.

My snoozing varies, but I voted 2x.  If I'm particularly tired, I'll snooze a couple times because... I'm tired and don't want to get up.  My alarm is set to give me the flexibility to slowly rise vs. getting up like some sorta robot.

Knowing exactly how fast the clock is defeats the purpose.  In that case you might as well just set the proper time.  Now the shark move is to have your wife/kids randomly set the clock ahead some amount but a time you don't know.  Then you have to treat the time as basically correct (it could be one minute, it could be 15 minutes) and that way you are always a bit early for wherever you are going. 

I am a one snoozer guy.  This is more because the alarm goes off and I hit snooze.  I then slowly come out of sleep mode giving myself about 10 minutes to get my bearings.   More often than not I get up before it goes off again and just turn it off.  It's a way to ease into the day.  I used to be a no snoozer but a couple times I turned the alarm off and did the slow rise and fell back asleep.  Ever since then I just hit the snooze and that way if I stay in a haze I get the reminder to get up.  Then I just turn it off and get up. 

I am a one snoozer guy.  This is more because the alarm goes off and I hit snooze.  I then slowly come out of sleep mode giving myself about 10 minutes to get my bearings.   More often than not I get up before it goes off again and just turn it off.  It's a way to ease into the day.  I used to be a no snoozer but a couple times I turned the alarm off and did the slow rise and fell back asleep.  Ever since then I just hit the snooze and that way if I stay in a haze I get the reminder to get up.  Then I just turn it off and get up. 
This is somewhat understandable to me. There's a least a method to the madness (I get the idea of needing a few moments to wake up and fear of falling back asleep) and you're only spending about 10 minutes on it. 

I haven’t used an alarm in a long time, I usually wake up before the time I would have set it for anyway.  When I used to use one though I would snooze 3x.  I’d explain the appeal like, which day sounds better?

- woke up, got ready for work, went to work...

- woke up, relaxed in bed for an extra 30 mins, got ready for work, went to work...

:shrug:

I also would set my clock ahead.  It’s some kind of weird psychological trick but I swear it works.  Despite knowing exactly how far ahead the clock was it was satisfying to think I slept in til 7:00 when it was really 6:47 or whatever. 

🤷‍♂️

My wife did this as well as setting an alarm an hour early and just hitting snooze 10 times. The time change did not even work, she would just add back the time, and the snooze thing would make me up super early while she slept through it. The worst.

Exactly this for me. Always hit snooze once as "insurance" in case I nod off while easing into the day. 

My dad always had his alarm clock set 2 hours ahead.  I think it was a mental thing because he got up between 3:30-4:00 AM for 50 years.  "Oh, it's 5:30.  Time to get up and go to work."  My mom had hers set at some random time ahead also.

I caused some problems one day thinking they just didn't know how to set their clock.   So I helped them out with that.  Oops.

Zow said:
Will never understand the snooze hitters (dated several and it drove me nuts). I want to maximize as much quality sleep as I can, so I’m setting one alarm for as late as possible. 
Yeah, dating a snoozer is the worst well maybe not as bad as a woman who snores but both equally 😡

Last edited by a moderator:
DaVinci said:
Most days I wake up before the alarm goes off.

I don’t get the snooze hitters. Set the time for when you need to get up, and then get up when the alarm goes off. If you can sleep for another 30 minutes, why interrupt your rest every 10 minutes? It’s especially egregious when you share the bedroom with someone who doesn’t need to get up. I briefly had a roommate in college who liked to repeatedly hit snooze. I kept a jar of pennies at the head of my bed. Starting with the second morning, I threw a handful of pennies at him every time his alarm went off after the first. He changed rooms a couple weeks into the semester.
#### you and your snooze! Eat these schillings, NERD!

I voted 3 but either get up before the alarm or hit snooze 1-2x before getting up. I don't like to just jump out of bed and hit the ground running-prefer to ease my way into the day. But I'm also afaid to fall back to sleep for too long so use snooze as my safety net.

Zow said:

If I'm lucky 4hrs uninterrupted, but rarely

Mr.Pack said:

This.  I'm a 2 timer snoozer so 14 minutes.  I like a slow transition to waking up.

Zow said:
This

I usually just get up, especially on work days.  There will be the occasional morning where I'll snooze a couple-few times, but I am usually right up.

On weekends I don't have an alarm, I'll just wake up "naturally" (meaning my kids running around will usually wake me up).  I find myself back in bed watching TV and "snoozing" a bit more on weeknends.

Zow said:
You don't understand. I'm late when I snooze.

I don't set it early. I set it when I should get up and still snooze :bag:

The most tired people I know fall into three categories:

1. Coffee drinkers

2.  People who hit snooze

3.  Hot single moms who work two jobs and “just need some extra spending money”

Never, but largely because I don't fall asleep well after the alarm goes off. 

Haven't used an alarm since working from home and I've slowly started sleeping in more, to around 5:10. I used to have the alarm set for 4:20. I'll go back to that when the office opens back up. 

Users who are viewing this thread