What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do Not Hide Threads Once Another Person Posts (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Interseptopus aka Dr. Dan, the Darrell Henderson thread with 36 pages was apparently also hidden by you. Do not do this. Once other people post in a thread, they are not yours to hide anymore. 

Are there any other threads hidden that people are missing? 

I understand why a rule would be in place not to hide threads, but this seems like a time that taking measures to protect yourself and your family measures like this are justified.  If I am being stalked and its from someone on this message board I would also try to take measures to necessary to try to hide myself regardless of the fact I may inconvenience Joe Bryant and the moderators.  

I hid a couple of the polls when I had to start them over as I made a mistake, one was because some players I had listed ended up not declaring. So I started over.

I'm guessing this isnt what you are talking about though.

I understand why a rule would be in place not to hide threads, but this seems like a time that taking measures to protect yourself and your family measures like this are justified.  If I am being stalked and its from someone on this message board I would also try to take measures to necessary to try to hide myself regardless of the fact I may inconvenience Joe Bryant and the moderators.  
It's a tough balancing act.  But that's exactly the kind of thing I'd bring up to Joe first.

I'm also not sure how someone's viewpoint on Phillip Lindsay could be used to stalk someone.

For the record, I am not at Sarah Palin's house right now

It's a tough balancing act.  But that's exactly the kind of thing I'd bring up to Joe first.

I'm also not sure how someone's viewpoint on Phillip Lindsay could be used to stalk someone.

For the record, I am not at Sarah Palin's house right now
I saw it mentioned before so I will respond now.  I agree that I am not sure why someone's opinion would disclose your location.  I am only spitballing, but I think the intent of changing his handle/screename and hiding the threads was so that he could continue to post without that stalker knowing anything changed and believing Dr. Dan is no longer posting when he is posting as his new handle/screename.  I am not saying he took the best route to try to rid himself of the stalker, I just think that I wouldn't care much what the rules were on the message board if I had something that serious happening in my life.  I would actually probably stop posting all together if for some reason the stalker continued his harassment due to something posted on FBG.

I saw it mentioned before so I will respond now.  I agree that I am not sure why someone's opinion would disclose your location.  I am only spitballing, but I think the intent of changing his handle/screename and hiding the threads was so that he could continue to post without that stalker knowing anything changed and believing Dr. Dan is no longer posting when he is posting as his new handle/screename.  I am not saying he took the best route to try to rid himself of the stalker, I just think that I wouldn't care much what the rules were on the message board if I had something that serious happening in my life.  I would actually probably stop posting all together if for some reason the stalker continued his harassment due to something posted on FBG.
That makes sense, thanks for the thoughtful response.

It still sounds dubious to me, mainly because I don't see how anything on here could provide enough of a connection to track somebody down in real life.  Then again, I don't know jack about IP addresses or anything IT related.  Getting in trouble with work for posting on the clock just seems like a more obvious answer.  If it really happened though, its bonkers and hopefully dude and his family are alright.

It’s obviously worked because I never even look at thread starters, but now it’s time to scout it out!

It still sounds dubious to me, mainly because I don't see how anything on here could provide enough of a connection to track somebody down in real life.  Then again, I don't know jack about IP addresses or anything IT related.  Getting in trouble with work for posting on the clock just seems like a more obvious answer.  If it really happened though, its bonkers and hopefully dude and his family are alright.
Art?  Is that you?

Easy to say, but the boards might bring happiness to someones life, so it's not fair to judge them for wanting to continue to post.

I saw him post his reasoning and I took his response as being honest.  I don't know him and your theory could be right as well.  

Easy to say, but the boards might bring happiness to someones life, so it's not fair to judge them for wanting to continue to post.
I specifically said that is what "I" would do.  That is the opposite of judging someone.  I am not sure why are you making that leap from me to him.  

fair.  If you're this curious though why not shoot him a message, I'm sure he'll explain the situation to you as he did to others.
Because he's been weird in the couple of exchanges we've had.  Probably helps explain it, one way or another.

No, he's a judge....
He only became a judge because he sucked as an architect.   That was funny how George used that alias as an architect all those years, only to be done in at the end by a judge with the same name.  That was brilliant writing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was once hacked and doxxed at this site and the Reason magazine comment section. Weird stuff happens on the internet.  

My brother's a professional (for good, I assure you). The things we readily volunteer on message boards and social media that can be used against you IRL would surprise most people. Hackers are crafty people.

I hope Dr. Dan is ok.
Thanks for believing this, and in extension, me and Dr. Dan. If people in my life had believed what was going on, my life would have been a whole lot easier back then (and to a degree, now). Thankfully, there were people I knew from law school that dealt with this stuff civilly and criminally and believed me. Let's wish the best for Dr. Dan.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough.  I retract my earlier statement.  Hope he is well.
My comment wasn't directed at you, but yeah hope he's well.

Something my brother stresses that maybe is obvious to some - never ever ever ever fill out those stupid FB quizzes "for fun". You know the ones that ask all kinds of inane questions. They're not harmless. In many cases you're giving away answers to your website security questions.

My brother's a professional (for good, I assure you). The things we readily volunteer on message boards and social media that can be used against you IRL would surprise most people. Hackers are crafty people.

I hope Dr. Dan is ok.
I definitely get that, it just seems like the shark pool would be less likely than FFA or PSF to have those posts

Actually that's my cousin, Art Core...velay.  people get us mixed up all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib_dCSe6Iz8&app=desktop
Oh yes Mr. Corevelay was also an importer exporter but it must run in the family because you also were an importer/exporter when you were dating elaine and were having troubles so George needed to meet with her to talk about her troubles and not meet with marissa tomei  so susan wouldn't find out that George wasn't a funny bald quirky guy. That's a mouthfull.

Doc's WR1/2 Breakout Age + Dominator= Miss Detector ***New in 2020*** BA + DR + Draft Capital = Hit Detector

is missing.

Interseptopus aka Dr. Dan, the Darrell Henderson thread with 36 pages was apparently also hidden by you. Do not do this. Once other people post in a thread, they are not yours to hide anymore. 

Are there any other threads hidden that people are missing? 
Hey Joe, what is the use case for allowing poster’s to hide threads? 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread