What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo. (1 Viewer)

Let's go college football!  Good news is schools are opening facilities (somewhat) to workouts.  Things moving along.  Bad news is the latest news cycle may end up shutting down the season if we are faced with another lock down due to another potential covid outbreak.  Many protesters are seen with masks but that is a lot of people massing together across the country.  

Hoping this doesn't happen.  Really looking forward to college football (and the NFL). 

Not sure what happened later in the day...but the talk on ESPN Wisconsin earlier in the day yesterday was that ND-Wisconsin may move their neutral site games back onto campus (so no Lambeau this year or Soldier Field next year).  Guessing they feel they have more control in their own stadium this year...lessens travel then for Wisconsin this year and all that.

Im sure they can deny it...but Im guessing it very much is being discussed.  A possible game with no fans in Lambeau..not sure the point of it.

Id bet some of the early games that may have no fans there are discussions if they involve "home and home" series as well.  Part of it is to have that home atmosphere and "advantage"...a team having those games early this year with potentially far less or no fans is at the disadvantage overall. (as well as affecting the $$$)

sho nuff said:
Im sure they can deny it...but Im guessing it very much is being discussed.  A possible game with no fans in Lambeau..not sure the point of it.

Id bet some of the early games that may have no fans there are discussions if they involve "home and home" series as well.  Part of it is to have that home atmosphere and "advantage"...a team having those games early this year with potentially far less or no fans is at the disadvantage overall. (as well as affecting the $$$)
All options are being reviewed to some degree, no doubt.  The only neutral site discussions i've seen/heard are of changing opponents (dropping CAL schools)...is Lambeau different than Jerry World or Atlanta?

Gabe Ikard @GabeIkard

Some of Oklahoma State’s incoming freshmen football players were supposed to arrive in Stillwater yesterday. They were contacted and told not to report. I was told that happened because “5 players tested positive for coronavirus.”

All options are being reviewed to some degree, no doubt.  The only neutral site discussions i've seen/heard are of changing opponents (dropping CAL schools)...is Lambeau different than Jerry World or Atlanta?
Yes Lambeau is very different.

I think part of the point of thatbis tonplay a game at a historic stadium as well as being neutral.  It isnt some one time neutral game like teams play in Atlanta or Dallas without ties to those stadiums.

I think those in it want those gales to be big and spectacles for tv and fans alike. The one against LSU was awesome from every account i heard of it...(well, maybe not LSU fans liking the outcome of the game)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Lambeau is very different.

I think part of the point of thatbis tonplay a game at a historic stadium as well as being neutral.  It isnt some one time neutral game like teams play in Atlanta or Dallas without ties to those stadiums.

I think those in it want those gales to be big and spectacles for tv and fans alike. The one against LSU was awesome from every account i heard of it...(well, maybe not LSU fans liking the outcome of the game)
Agree 100% on the difference in game atmosphere and historical meaning...I was thinking execution. And money is the main driver now more than ever. There must be a payout to play at Lambeau.

Didn't realize the 20 thread had been created

FSU players unhappy with HC Norvell 

@MattHayesCFB: Norvell: “I went back individually with every player this weekend.”

Wilson, a team captain and a guy who gave up NFL first round money to return to FSU: “That’s a bunch of 🙂

Nothing about this is good for anyone in that program. https://twitter.com/247sports/status/1268407572303929344

@MattHayesCFB: Norvell: “I went back individually with every player this weekend.”

Wilson, a team captain and a guy who gave up NFL first round money to return to FSU: “That’s a bunch of 🙂

Nothing about this is good for anyone in that program. https://twitter.com/247sports/status/1268407572303929344
Clemson had something earlier in the week. Apparently a coach dropped an N bomb 3 years ago. He apologized to the player at that time and the player forgave him (according to the player it happened to) but someone else who was in proximity was upset.

Id be fine if that coach got let go, honestly probably be a net improvement. 

Clemson had something earlier in the week. Apparently a coach dropped an N bomb 3 years ago. He apologized to the player at that time and the player forgave him (according to the player it happened to) but someone else who was in proximity was upset.

Dabo has a lot of cachet built up at that school and with those players. Norvell has very little cachet, but plenty of cash at stake.

Even if it was Venables?

Sounds like an apology was made.

@MBakerTBTimes: Here's the video #FSU's Marvin Wilson posted on Instagram. He writes: "Took a stand we got what we wanted & we are moving forward." 
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CBBV_DYn1-6/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

@SimoneEli_TV: Sources confirm @bamainsider report that at least 5 Alabama players have tested positive for COVID-19

I'm told the players were tested Tuesday, practiced together Wednesday, and received the positive results today (Thurs). Source tells me that no players showed symptoms/signs...

Tom Servo said:
Courtesy of @gump - ND-Navy to be played in Annapolis

Man, to see ND at Navy-Marine Corps Stadium would be an awesome add to the CFB bucket list.  I wonder if @Doctor Detroit  could hook me up?
My Navy donations and season tickets would move from being big time losses in 2020 to big time winners.  No word from Navy yet on how they are going to allocate this game.  They've already charged for season tickets so they'd have to either adjust it or allow so many seats to Navy Blue N Gold donors who also ordered for Ireland.

JaxBill said:
@SimoneEli_TV: Sources confirm @bamainsider report that at least 5 Alabama players have tested positive for COVID-19

I'm told the players were tested Tuesday, practiced together Wednesday, and received the positive results today (Thurs). Source tells me that no players showed symptoms/signs...
5 of roughly 100...I’d heard estimates of 5% going in.

I believe it will be difficult to start and complete a college football season. Covid-19 is still here. And with so many (young) college students who don't always do what they are told and what is best for them. Many will think they have good reasons to break quarantine, curfew or whatever will be in place, and the outcome will not be good for college football. 

Just my opinion.

My Navy donations and season tickets would move from being big time losses in 2020 to big time winners.  No word from Navy yet on how they are going to allocate this game.  They've already charged for season tickets so they'd have to either adjust it or allow so many seats to Navy Blue N Gold donors who also ordered for Ireland.
It’s nice to see Navy actually host the game. 

I believe it will be difficult to start and complete a college football season. Covid-19 is still here. And with so many (young) college students who don't always do what they are told and what is best for them. Many will think they have good reasons to break quarantine, curfew or whatever will be in place, and the outcome will not be good for college football. 

Just my opinion.
I don’t think it’ll finish either to be honest. At the very least, teams are going to be short handed with guys quarantined off and on all season. 

OU is scheduled to play on campus at Army this year. If it can't happen I hope they can get it on the schedule in an upcoming year, was very much looking forward to that one. 
West Point would an ever better location. 

Mike Gundy wore an OAN shirt fishing. Not very smart.

Chuba Hubbard - 

I will not stand for this.. This is completely insensitive to everything going on in society, and it’s unacceptable. I will not be doing anything with Oklahoma State until things CHANGE.

Chuba Hubbard - 

I will not stand for this.. This is completely insensitive to everything going on in society, and it’s unacceptable. I will not be doing anything with Oklahoma State until things CHANGE.
Wow - that’s crazy.  I mean it would be crazy enough to wear one from CNN/FOX, etc but OAN is seen as kind of out there.

Chuba Hubbard - 

There should be some interesting conversations during recruitment next year. 

Oregon has gone big game hunting again.  This time adding elite 6-foot-2, 175-pound wide receiver Troy Franklin. 

Franklin, from Menlo Park, California, choose the Ducks over Alabama, Washington and Arizona State as the other schools in his final four.  The star wide receiver is currently rated as a 4-star on the 247 composite.  As the #31 player overall per the 247Sports composite ranking, Franklin is on the cusp of 5-star status.  He is ranked as the 2nd best wide receiver nationally per those same rankings. 

Troy Franklin Eval

Playing for Menlo-Atherton High School, Franklin amassed 43 receptions for 674 yards and 9 touchdowns in 2019 while while leading the Bears to a 7-4 campaign.  As a Sophomore in 2018, Franklin caught 25 passes for 531 yards and 12 touchdowns while adding 236 yards and 4 touchdowns on the ground.

Franklin is the 13th known commit in Oregon’s 2021 class, 9 of which are rated as 4-stars according to the 247Sports composite ranking.  To date, Franklin is the highest rated verbal commit in Oregon’s 2021 class and moves Oregon’s class up to the 8th rated class per the 247Sports composite ranking.

This is Oregon’s second wide receiver pledge for the 2021 class, having earlier secured the commitment of 4-star Mater Dei wide receiver, Kyron Ware-Hudson.   Expect Oregon to likely add two more wide receivers to its 2021 recruiting class.
:coffee:

Chuba Hubbard - 

Chuba is surprised this guy is a redneck?  Please.

Gundy had a quote earlier this summer where he claims to have stumbled across OAN one day and found it refreshing that they were simply reporting the news. I’d have to look for the direct quote but he legit said that he appreciates that they are neither left nor right, they just report what’s happening. Dude is brain dead 

Chuba is surprised this guy is a redneck?  Please.

Former players coming out of the woodwork now, see ya Mike 
Yeah after a few more minutes of thought, it does seems like here and at other schools players are feeling empowered to point out bad behavior.  I'm all for that if it's legit bad behavior (like how Gundy might have treated a player or players).  It's a slippery slope to cancel-culture crap however.

The locals all seem to have Gundy's back.  

"spoiled brat"

"entitled"

"snowflake"

"a man can't have an opinion without you crying?"

"take a hike"

"Don't let the door hit ya"

"good riddance" 

Those are the first posts in regards to the story on the Oklahoma Fan Page on facebook.     Not a lot of  tolerance.

Mike Holder, Oklahoma State athletic director, issued a statement Monday evening that raised serious concerns regarding Gundy's future.

Users who are viewing this thread