What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo. (1 Viewer)

Now Mullen has Covid.  I can't believe those mosquito net masks aren't working.

Pack the Swamp-->  Cancel game -->  Get Covid.

Again, best wishes to coach Mullen.

Feast your eyes on the UCF Memphis game.
Was kind of hoping Memphis would have made their 2-point conversion.  UCF drives down to FG range, and we get 10 OTs before continuing the game tomorrow.

And now they will retry the down.

Last edited by a moderator:
gump said:
GT lost to Syracuse, who’s losing to Liberty. The bottom of the ACC looks really bad again.
Meh.  We beat FSU (who I know sucks but they still have talent) and Louisville (who damn near beat ND).  Our problem is the entire freaking team is freshman and sophomores rebuilding from a 1840's offense.  I mean 73 points sucks but Clemson has 75 players rated at or above our best player.  

UMass lost 41-0 to Georgia Southern.

If they can't get another game to play, they'll "finish" the season scoreless which is some 1920s-era, Washington and Jefferson in the Rose Bowl-level stuff right there.

UMass lost 41-0 to Georgia Southern.

If they can't get another game to play, they'll "finish" the season scoreless which is some 1920s-era, Washington and Jefferson in the Rose Bowl-level stuff right there.
I haven't heard anything confirmed, but I would be shocked if they don't have 2-3 more games this year.

My best guess: They play Army in two weeks (they were supposed to play this season before UMass originally postponed its season), and Florida Atlantic on Nov. 21. Plus be open for any other teams looking for a last-minute opponent (the Georgia Southern game was scheduled 10 days ago).

Of course, no guarantee they score in any of those games either. This is a youuuuuuuuuuuung team.

UGA was a good matchup for a Bama D with no confidence.  Mac played well under pressure.  The WR Corp of Jeudy-Smith-Ruggs-Waddle is on the list for the best ever.

All I have to say is....52 yard field goal...made...

in Bryant-Denny Stadium...

By a Bama kicker!

I seriously think that was the momentum swing for Bama.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I have to say is....52 yard field goal...made...

in Bryant-Denny Stadium...

By a Bama kicker!

I seriously think that was the momentum swing for Bama.
My son graduated high school with Will and with George Pickens from Georgia.  It was fun watching them in high school and now doing well in the big time.  I hated last year for Will because he is such a good kid, and he got hurt early on.  He's a heck of a punter as well.

I haven't heard anything confirmed, but I would be shocked if they don't have 2-3 more games this year.

My best guess: They play Army in two weeks (they were supposed to play this season before UMass originally postponed its season), and Florida Atlantic on Nov. 21. Plus be open for any other teams looking for a last-minute opponent (the Georgia Southern game was scheduled 10 days ago).

Of course, no guarantee they score in any of those games either. This is a youuuuuuuuuuuung team.
If they don't, it will make a good thread title. :D

Watched the FSU game this morning. Team looks worlds better than it did in week 1/2. If Norvell can recruit this rebuild may not take anywhere near as long as I figured. Very impressed. 

PSU HC James Franklin on NCAA eligibility in year of COVID

In one specific way, this season offers Franklin a luxury - the season essentially doesn’t count for eligibility purposes, which offers unprecedented freedom in roster management.

“If you need to play a guy, you play a guy, whether it’s for one rep or one game,’’ Franklin said. “We have the flexibility to do that so it's just allowed us to open our roster up. And that may be a luxury some weeks, and some weeks, it may be a necessity.’’
So 4-year players could get a 5th year?  Hmm...

I really thought Herman was going to succeed in the B12 after his first recruiting class was so loaded in the Defensive backfield.  He just doesn't seem to be a very good coach.

I really thought Herman was going to succeed in the B12 after his first recruiting class was so loaded in the Defensive backfield.  He just doesn't seem to be a very good coach.
There are fundamental issues that no coach can solve.  

The largest might be the rapid breakdown of the Texas High School athlete. Nobody saw this coming.  Their entire recruiting network has simply crumbled.  It doesn't do you any good to have bagmen for every 4 and 5A Texas school pegged, if they have nobody to drop on.  

There are fundamental issues that no coach can solve.  

The largest might be the rapid breakdown of the Texas High School athlete. Nobody saw this coming.  Their entire recruiting network has simply crumbled.  It doesn't do you any good to have bagmen for every 4 and 5A Texas school pegged, if they have nobody to drop on.  
Whoa...really? UT has been a failure in state the last 3 years after Herman’s first year...are Texas recruits not living up to rankings?  Other than Jaylen Waddle ;)  

Whoa...really? UT has been a failure in state the last 3 years after Herman’s first year...are Texas recruits not living up to rankings?  Other than Jaylen Waddle ;)  
There's a difference between texas' recruits and recruits in texas.  Texas has been a failure for at least 15 years now at recruiting in Texas.   

A new coach may not fix that.  

Redshirt freshman Graham Mertz having a decent first career start for Wisconsin.

14/14, 190 yds and 4 touchdowns at halftime. 

B1G overreaction = #HeisMertz

I liked the game plan. A lot of short/screen passes to start and get him comfortable in his first start. Then start throwing a bit deeper up the middle of the cover 2. Then the bomb before half. The kid has some nice accuracy and damn he throws a pretty ball. We'll see what some adversity brings but like you said, decent first start.  I mean, it is Illinois, but tying 2 school records is goodish I think.

There's some rust there but the running game...oof. 

Per the ESPN Game Day chyron: Army-Navy will be played at West Point on 12/12 and not Philadelphia.  First time since WW2.

Users who are viewing this thread