Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Tom Servo

2020 College football thread - Buffalo’s Jaret Patterson did *ok*.

1 minute ago, whoknew said:

From twitter - 

PENIX'S TIP IS IN!

:lmao: 

ETA - Just the tip?

Edited by AAABatteries
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AAABatteries said:

I think that should be the convention based on math but I think the vast majority  of coaches kick and go up 8.  As you can see, Indiana would have gone for two and if he scored and missed his 2-PT and lost to theirs then I think he gets crucified.

If they missed the 2 ptr and they're still up 7. They can stop Indiana on the play. Get the 2 ptr and games over.

3 minutes ago, Insein said:

If they missed the 2 ptr and they're still up 7. They can stop Indiana on the play. Get the 2 ptr and games over.

Not following.  I’m saying if they ended up going up 7 (and not 9) and then lose to a TD + 2 PT that Franklin would get brutalized.  Not saying he should - I agree with you that the math may favor going for it - but I don’t doubt he would take a lot of heat.

Nevermind - I understand your point now.  I don’t disagree that the math may have dictated that being the right choice.  Would like to see it - either way he knew he’d get crucified if he didn’t go up 8 and lost.

Edited by AAABatteries

Rutgers and then Indiana win in the same day? End of days?

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Michigan in mid-season form

I think Penix was just short, but there's no way they could overturn it - definitely inconclusive.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

Rutgers and then Indiana win in the same day? End of days?

2020 and all that

• Thanks 1

Crazy finish for Indiana.  Penix Sr. was at Tennessee Tech when i was in school.  We played against a bunch of football players in intramural basketball once...pretty sure it was Penix Sr who took a rebound on free throw and slammed it easily.  I remember half boxing out and looking up and seeing a guy flying in over everyone.  Just crazy.

24 minutes ago, whoknew said:

From twitter - 

PENIX'S TIP IS IN!

@JimmyKempski: Game of inches won by Penix.

No interest either way, but that was a great play by Penix to get the tying 2 pt conversion -- seemed like Penn St knew a QB draw was coming and he was able to weave his way through.  The run to get the winning 2 pt conversion was even better -- he had the ball in his left hand as he decided to make the dash for the corner and he switched it to his right hand and that dive was awesome.   The back side of the ball definitely hit out of bounds before he hit the pylon, but at the angle the ball was at the tip may have broken the plane.  Great college game.

• Like 1

Super excited for a 6-0 USC team to make the playoffs.

Narrator: they won’t go 6-0.

Little Tua threw the ball 25 times for 94 yards. 

• Sad 1

Draft Kings disagrees with PSU-Indiana final

Hours after the game, Darren Rovell of The Action Network reported that DraftKings was going to refund all bettors who took the Penn State money line. Perhaps they didn’t necessarily agree with the call either.

“DraftKings is refunding all ML straight bets on Penn State after the controversial OT call on the Indiana two-point conversion,” Rovell tweeted. “The company says that bets will be refunded in the form of site credits within 24 hours.”

Edited by Tom Servo

24 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I don’t know anybody that would stake their life that the ball in this pic isn’t definitely across the plane of the goal line.

I’m shocked that they would do this. 

Would a casual bettor keep betting with DK if they did this stuff for extraordinary situations like this?  I'm not saying I have an answer as I don't bet, but I can see it from a business perspective.

23 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Would a casual bettor keep betting with DK if they did this stuff for extraordinary situations like this?  I'm not saying I have an answer as I don't bet, but I can see it from a business perspective.

Sets kind of a bad precedent though.  Plenty of odd finishes in sports.  The Auburn - Arkansas game was a crazy finish and probably a call the refs go wrong.  Did they refund those bets?

51 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I don’t know anybody that would stake their life that the ball in this pic isn’t definitely across the plane of the goal line.

I’m shocked that they would do this. 

I agree with what you posted in the Penn State thread.  It would have stood if called the other way also.  That picture isn't the best angle though.  :shrug: 

1 minute ago, WDIK2 said:

Sets kind of a bad precedent though.  Plenty of odd finishes in sports.  The Auburn - Arkansas game was a crazy finish and probably a call the refs go wrong.  Did they refund those bets?

I don't really care.  I just thought it was odd that they would do that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WDIK2 said:
48 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

It's a marketing/PR move.  They know exactly how much it will cost them, as I'm sure very few people bet PSU just to win straight up.  Costs them very little for some good PR.  And yes it would make a lot of casual bettors like them more.  So it's a very smart move.

• Like 1

Mertz from Wisconsin tests positive for Covid?  :mellow: 

ETA:  Link.  Awaiting confirmation of positive result.  I hope all is clear.

Edited by WDIK2

1 hour ago, WDIK2 said:

I agree with what you posted in the Penn State thread.  It would have stood if called the other way also.  That picture isn't the best angle though.  :shrug: 

Agree, but honestly I'm not sure I've seen a better one. Maybe one exists and I would change my mind, although like I said, I wouldn't bet my life on it either way.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, WDIK2 said:

@Brett_McMurphy: If follow up test confirms positive, Mertz would be out 21 days, per Big Ten rules, missing games vs. Nebraska, Purdue & Michigan. Wisconsin would be down to 3rd-string QB https://twitter.com/jaypo1961/status/1320486106379464710

Did the B1G add specific roster requirements for a schools to play, like some other leagues? I’ll have to dig up the details, but QB was one of the positions...and I recall needed at least 2.

On 10/25/2020 at 6:41 PM, WDIK2 said:

This is why we can't have nice things.

2 hours ago, gump said:

Did the B1G add specific roster requirements for a schools to play, like some other leagues? I’ll have to dig up the details, but QB was one of the positions...and I recall needed at least 2.

Yes I read if more than 5% of their players test positive, the entire team misses 21 days.  Possible with Wisconsin right now.

1 hour ago, facook said:

Yes I read if more than 5% of their players test positive, the entire team misses 21 days.  Possible with Wisconsin right now.

I found the B12 requirements...but it's only 1 QB needed.

5 hours ago, facook said:

@jaypo1961: #Badgers game at Nebraska may not be played. Stay tuned.

Is there anyone else that thinks if you can't field a team it should be a loss?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JaxBill said:

@jaypo1961: #Badgers game at Nebraska may not be played. Stay tuned.

This is where B1Gs dithering is going to bite them on the posterior as they left themselves no wiggle room like the other conferences did.

IIRC, I thought I saw a team has to play at least 6 games to qualify for the B1GCC.  Somebody correct me if this is not the case.

1 hour ago, Tom Servo said:

This is where B1Gs dithering is going to bite them on the posterior as they left themselves no wiggle room like the other conferences did.

IIRC, I thought I saw a team has to play at least 6 games to qualify for the B1GCC.  Somebody correct me if this is not the case.

6 games is correct but this will likely change to 2 or 3 games depending on what's happening with Ohio State.  Wiggle room is baked in for certain unforeseen situations.  Unfortunately, Wisconsin does not qualify for the reduced game rule.  

55 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

6 games is correct but this will likely change to 2 or 3 games depending on what's happening with Ohio State.  Wiggle room is baked in for certain unforeseen situations.  Unfortunately, Wisconsin does not qualify for the reduced game rule.  

Sure they do...by default as the only team in the West that is worth a damn and at least make it look like a decent game for a half (as long as our entire QB room isn't quarantined)

3 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Paul Chryst has tested positive.

It's probably Illinois' fault

In all seriousness I hope all players/staff etc recover fully. The kids should get an extra year of eligibility

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, strykerpks said:

It's probably Illinois' fault

In all seriousness I hope all players/staff etc recover fully. The kids should get an extra year of eligibility

Eligibility isn't counted against them this year

4 hours ago, The Commish said:

Is there anyone else that thinks if you can't field a team it should be a loss?

No unless you can prove recklessness by a particular team (which is difficult to do).  Blame the Big 10. If they wouldn't have put a pause on the season like they did, a bye week or two could've been built into the schedule to allow for postponements and make up games.  We're in a pandemic, all you can do is minimize exposure but not necessarily a teams fault if they have covid cases. 

Mertz tested positive on Saturday meaning he played with Covid on Friday night.  Now what if Illinois has an outbreak and can't play?  Is it fair to give them a loss? 

@mzenitz: Mike Leach on the recent turnover at Mississippi State:

"I'd surprised if we don't lose more. ... If you're stunned or nervous, you better brace yourself because we might lose more."