What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo. (1 Viewer)

Odds that OSU missing another COVID game and the BIG amends their rules allowing them to play in the BIG Championship anyway?  With Penix being done for the season the thought of an Indiana vs NW (if they don't lose another) can't be all that enticing.  And they know their only shot at having a team in the running for an NCAA title is OSU getting that extra game...no way they don't alter things to let OSU in...right?

Complicating that would be NW losing another...and now you have a committee with Day, Alvarez, and Chryst letting OSU and Wisconsin back in the title game (again assuming then if NW loses that Wisconsin wins out).
They might be better off just matching them up with Wisconsin during that "crossover" weekend anyway.

ACC did something smart and protected their potential playoff teams?

@slmandel: NEWS: Clemson and Florida State will not be playing a rescheduled game, AND, Notre Dame will not play at Wake Forest next week, the ACC announced. They are basically cutting off those two and Miami after nine league games.

@slmandel: If I'm Nick Saban and Dan Mullen, I'm on the phone to Greg Sankey asking to be let out of their Dec. 12 games, too. Unfair CFP advantage for Clemson & ND.

@slmandel: If I'm Nick Saban and Dan Mullen, I'm on the phone to Greg Sankey asking to be let out of their Dec. 12 games, too. Unfair CFP advantage for Clemson & ND.
TV won’t like it but I bet it happens, if both win this weekend.

Michigan announced that it will be pausing football practices due to COVID-19 concerns and that its game vs. Maryland on Saturday has been canceled.

👀 👀 👀 👀 

NEWS: Liberty-Coastal Carolina is off. #BYU-Coastal Carolina is on, sources tell @SInow. Flames had COVID issues and should be making an announcement soon.

--

Sucks for Liberty but pretty cool BYU can adjust so quickly. BYU is going to play like 15 games this year. Just anyone who has an opening.

Last edited by a moderator:
NEWS: Liberty-Coastal Carolina is off. #BYU-Coastal Carolina is on, sources tell @SInow. Flames had COVID issues and should be making an announcement soon.

--

Sucks for Liberty but pretty cool BYU can adjust so quickly. BYU is going to play like 15 games this year. Just anyone who has an opening.
And College Gameday is still set to air from CC.

Not sure how I forgot that Hermann was involved in the OSU strip club thing.  That seems so long ago now.

Surprised no talk of the Georgia vs Vandy cancellation. Official line is Covid but only 2 players tested positive for Vandy this week. The real reason appears to be players walking out due to the firing of the coach and the team being used as a publicity stunt. 

If anyone can make sense of the App St personal foul which turned a muffed punt-snap td for the D into the D gets the ball at their OWN 35, I will venmo you a quarter.  WTF happened?

Laffy snapped the ball over the punter's head a 2ND STRAIGHT TIME! WTF is going on in West or not-West Virginia?!

If anyone can make sense of the App St personal foul which turned a muffed punt-snap td for the D into the D gets the ball at their OWN 35, I will venmo you a quarter.  WTF happened?
That was odd. I didn't get it either. They never showed the actual infraction on camera. 

With that being said congrats to Coach Napier for finally getting past App State. Now come on down to Columbia and accept your new job. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Videos from how LSU acted postgame last year after winning in Tuscaloosa have been making the rounds with players all week.

Bama -30...lay the points.

Surprised no talk of the Georgia vs Vandy cancellation. Official line is Covid but only 2 players tested positive for Vandy this week. The real reason appears to be players walking out due to the firing of the coach and the team being used as a publicity stunt. 
Apparently Sarah Logan spoke to the team at halftime about things and they weren’t too pleased about that. Then, the SEC makes her Special Teams Player of the Week. I can’t imagine how bent those guys are, and I don’t blame them. 

Videos from how LSU acted postgame last year after winning in Tuscaloosa have been making the rounds with players all week.

Bama -30...lay the points.
First half -17 is the way to go imo. Bama in previous years struggles to cover those gigantic spreads by the end. 

Apparently Sarah Logan spoke to the team at halftime about things and they weren’t too pleased about that. Then, the SEC makes her Special Teams Player of the Week. I can’t imagine how bent those guys are, and I don’t blame them. 
I highly doubt that’s true. 

Real reason says who? You guys gotta stop acting like Twitter/fan boy message board rumors are real. 

It's not even that she's a women. She broke the one simple rule all football teams follow. Kickers speak when spoken to.

Real reason says who? You guys gotta stop acting like Twitter/fan boy message board rumors are real. 

Says the players. They weren't very happy that their coach has been fired suddenly despite all the turmoil. The kicker yelling at them at half time and then being named player if the week was just an extra insult.

Says the players. They weren't very happy that their coach has been fired suddenly despite all the turmoil. The kicker yelling at them at half time and then being named player if the week was just an extra insult.
You have anything backing this up about the kicker? Every player quote I read said they were proud of her and getting to be a part of it. 

You have anything backing this up about the kicker? Every player quote I read said they were proud of her and getting to be a part of it. 
Not gonna find an official story from ESPN obviously but it's all over twitter. They did have respect for her and we're proud of what she was doing until she decided to call them out at halftime and then received an award for just being on the field. Had nothing to do with being a woman. Imagine a kicker just added to the team the week before calling guys out who aren't cheering for their team? That alone is enough to create resentment. 

https://twitter.com/crobinson_68/status/1334928791785918468?s=21
Mostly insider talk but this tweet is from a ‘19 player now in the NFL. There’s also the ‘Roll Tide, #### You’ video making the rounds.

Per Caps point, Saban is back which will kill late game aggression if up big, but the players will be coming out hot.
I'm not sure that's true today.  I'm just hopeful that LSU comes out and plays with some pride and gets after it a little bit, but I think Saban will be out for blood today.

Not gonna find an official story from ESPN obviously but it's all over twitter. They did have respect for her and we're proud of what she was doing until she decided to call them out at halftime and then received an award for just being on the field. Had nothing to do with being a woman. Imagine a kicker just added to the team the week before calling guys out who aren't cheering for their team? That alone is enough to create resentment. 
Didn’t she win a title in her sport? Seems a lot more embarrassing that Vandy can’t get a first down or even compete with a terrible Missouri team. 

I'm not sure that's true today.  I'm just hopeful that LSU comes out and plays with some pride and gets after it a little bit, but I think Saban will be out for blood today.
I think we have a long history of Saban not pummeling teams in the 4th quarter when he could. He’s not some angry Twitter guy that is all hurt because LSU had the audacity to be good one year. And he knows LSU will be good again. Not saying they won’t cover but I extremely doubt he’s throwing in the 4th quarter up 28. 

I think we have a long history of Saban not pummeling teams in the 4th quarter when he could. He’s not some angry Twitter guy that is all hurt because LSU had the audacity to be good one year. And he knows LSU will be good again. Not saying they won’t cover but I extremely doubt he’s throwing in the 4th quarter up 28. 
Because you don't think they'll be up by 28?  I'll take it. :hifive:

Users who are viewing this thread