Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Tom Servo

2020 College football thread - Buffalo’s Jaret Patterson did *ok*.

1 hour ago, Tom Servo said:

Wouldn't be my first choice but they didn't ask me. The biggest knock on him is that he has never been a head coach or coordinator. A lot of former players, from the Spurrier era, are pushing for him to get the job. 

Personally, of all the names going around I would rather have Napier or Chadwell. Out of the names not really getting mentioned much I would love to to have Fleck, Campbell, or Fickell. It isn't going to be Freeze. 

Whatever they do the better hurry. The decommits are starting to add up. 

17 minutes ago, In The Zone said:

Wouldn't be my first choice but they didn't ask me. The biggest knock on him is that he has never been a head coach or coordinator. A lot of former players, from the Spurrier era, are pushing for him to get the job. 

Personally, of all the names going around I would rather have Napier or Chadwell. Out of the names not really getting mentioned much I would love to to have Fleck, Campbell, or Fickell. It isn't going to be Freeze. 

Whatever they do the better hurry. The decommits are starting to add up. 

None of these names are without issues, but I'm willing to give the younger Beamer a chance. If he really was such a big influence recruiting the best teams SC has had, then it will be interesting to see how he can do with the drastically better facilities built in the last decade.

Particularly when the other front-runner was fired as OC by Dabo of all people...

It'd be a gamble, for sure. Not a lot of great options and a ton of work to do.

On 11/27/2020 at 10:30 PM, Capella said:

Ohio State-Illinois is canceled. If the Michigan State or Michigan game is canceled, the Buckeyes will not be eligible for the Big Ten championship game.

—————————-

Listen, covid is very serious but if Michigan faked a bunch of cases just to screw OSU over that would be one of the funniest things of all-time. 

All in :football:

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, In The Zone said:

The biggest knock on him is that he has never been a head coach or coordinator.

Tough crowd.

• Laughing 2

Seeing more players opting out - which just makes the season more of a farce.  Not disagreeing with their decision at all - just the way this has played out has been kind of a joke.  

10 hours ago, gump said:

Coastal Car v Liberty next week... :popcorn:

A. That game better dammed be on TV.

B. Who do I bet on?  Been riding both like Seattle Slew.

On 11/28/2020 at 4:05 PM, Steve Tasker said:

They're received a handful of votes in the AP these past few weeks and I could see them maybe picking up a few more after this win.  I think the best we've ever done is something like 9 votes during the 2018 season.  

56 votes and de facto #27 in the AP.

Big road game at the usual house of horrors Peden Stadium against rival Ohio next Saturday.  Bulls with a chance to clinch the MAC East and, maybe, that top 25 ranking.  Ohio 2-1 in conference and clinging to their life in division in this shortened season.  Ohio vs Buffalo is always a good game, in both football and basketball.  We'll see.

Edited by Steve Tasker