What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo. (4 Viewers)

No interest either way, but that was a great play by Penix to get the tying 2 pt conversion -- seemed like Penn St knew a QB draw was coming and he was able to weave his way through.  The run to get the winning 2 pt conversion was even better -- he had the ball in his left hand as he decided to make the dash for the corner and he switched it to his right hand and that dive was awesome.   The back side of the ball definitely hit out of bounds before he hit the pylon, but at the angle the ball was at the tip may have broken the plane.  Great college game.

Draft Kings disagrees with PSU-Indiana final

Hours after the game, Darren Rovell of The Action Network reported that DraftKings was going to refund all bettors who took the Penn State money line. Perhaps they didn’t necessarily agree with the call either.

“DraftKings is refunding all ML straight bets on Penn State after the controversial OT call on the Indiana two-point conversion,” Rovell tweeted. “The company says that bets will be refunded in the form of site credits within 24 hours.”

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t know anybody that would stake their life that the ball in this pic isn’t definitely across the plane of the goal line.

I’m shocked that they would do this. 
Would a casual bettor keep betting with DK if they did this stuff for extraordinary situations like this?  I'm not saying I have an answer as I don't bet, but I can see it from a business perspective.

Would a casual bettor keep betting with DK if they did this stuff for extraordinary situations like this?  I'm not saying I have an answer as I don't bet, but I can see it from a business perspective.
Sets kind of a bad precedent though.  Plenty of odd finishes in sports.  The Auburn - Arkansas game was a crazy finish and probably a call the refs go wrong.  Did they refund those bets?

Sets kind of a bad precedent though.  Plenty of odd finishes in sports.  The Auburn - Arkansas game was a crazy finish and probably a call the refs go wrong.  Did they refund those bets?
I don't really care.  I just thought it was odd that they would do that.

It's a marketing/PR move.  They know exactly how much it will cost them, as I'm sure very few people bet PSU just to win straight up.  Costs them very little for some good PR.  And yes it would make a lot of casual bettors like them more.  So it's a very smart move.

Mertz from Wisconsin tests positive for Covid?  :mellow:  

ETA:  Link.  Awaiting confirmation of positive result.  I hope all is clear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with what you posted in the Penn State thread.  It would have stood if called the other way also.  That picture isn't the best angle though.  :shrug:  
Agree, but honestly I'm not sure I've seen a better one. Maybe one exists and I would change my mind, although like I said, I wouldn't bet my life on it either way.

Did the B1G add specific roster requirements for a schools to play, like some other leagues? I’ll have to dig up the details, but QB was one of the positions...and I recall needed at least 2.

Did the B1G add specific roster requirements for a schools to play, like some other leagues? I’ll have to dig up the details, but QB was one of the positions...and I recall needed at least 2.
Yes I read if more than 5% of their players test positive, the entire team misses 21 days.  Possible with Wisconsin right now.

facook said:
Yes I read if more than 5% of their players test positive, the entire team misses 21 days.  Possible with Wisconsin right now.
@jaypo1961: #Badgers game at Nebraska may not be played. Stay tuned.

@jaypo1961: #Badgers game at Nebraska may not be played. Stay tuned.
This is where B1Gs dithering is going to bite them on the posterior as they left themselves no wiggle room like the other conferences did.

IIRC, I thought I saw a team has to play at least 6 games to qualify for the B1GCC.  Somebody correct me if this is not the case.

This is where B1Gs dithering is going to bite them on the posterior as they left themselves no wiggle room like the other conferences did.

IIRC, I thought I saw a team has to play at least 6 games to qualify for the B1GCC.  Somebody correct me if this is not the case.
6 games is correct but this will likely change to 2 or 3 games depending on what's happening with Ohio State.  Wiggle room is baked in for certain unforeseen situations.  Unfortunately, Wisconsin does not qualify for the reduced game rule.  

6 games is correct but this will likely change to 2 or 3 games depending on what's happening with Ohio State.  Wiggle room is baked in for certain unforeseen situations.  Unfortunately, Wisconsin does not qualify for the reduced game rule.  
Sure they do...by default as the only team in the West that is worth a damn and at least make it look like a decent game for a half (as long as our entire QB room isn't quarantined)

Is there anyone else that thinks if you can't field a team it should be a loss?
No unless you can prove recklessness by a particular team (which is difficult to do).  Blame the Big 10. If they wouldn't have put a pause on the season like they did, a bye week or two could've been built into the schedule to allow for postponements and make up games.  We're in a pandemic, all you can do is minimize exposure but not necessarily a teams fault if they have covid cases. 

Mertz tested positive on Saturday meaning he played with Covid on Friday night.  Now what if Illinois has an outbreak and can't play?  Is it fair to give them a loss? 

@mzenitz: Mike Leach on the recent turnover at Mississippi State:

"I'd surprised if we don't lose more. ... If you're stunned or nervous, you better brace yourself because we might lose more."

What if this happens to Ohio State and Justin Fields? What would the playoff committee do if they only play 5-6 games? 

Just such a weird sham season. Glad they’re playing because it’s important to the kids and it’s something to watch but it’s super dumb. 

Just have aOSU, Michigan, Indiana, Rutgers, Purdue , and Northwestern bubble up and play a single elimination tournament over the next 2 weekends.  The committee can decide if the champ qualifies for the playoff.  

Get well Badger bros.

karma bites Dabo as one of his two main backups got hurt while he was running up the score on GT two weeks ago.
This virus doesn't care about something as inconsequential as college football's unwritten rules.  This season, more than any other, makes you question a lot about big-time college athletics.

He’ll probably play Saturday. 
I get that Clemson >>>>>>> Wisconsin in virtually every way. But if Graham Mertz can't play there's no way Trevor Lawrence should play, given a positive test. 

God, I hate that I have to type that out but here we are

I get that Clemson >>>>>>> Wisconsin in virtually every way. But if Graham Mertz can't play there's no way Trevor Lawrence should play, given a positive test. 

God, I hate that I have to type that out but here we are
I think Cap was joking?

Users who are viewing this thread