What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo. (1 Viewer)

I certainly appreciate that Lawrence is a generational QB prospect but I feel like there's not enough discussion about Fields being a pretty awesome consolation prize, at least among NFL media/fans. 

Or have I just missed it?

I certainly appreciate that Lawrence is a generational QB prospect but I feel like there's not enough discussion about Fields being a pretty awesome consolation prize, at least among NFL media/fans. 

I wouldn’t fault a team for taking him over Lawrence... and there are reputable guys on Twitter that think Lance may be better than both. Great year for a QB next year. 

Lawrence gets all the talk, but they both are exceptionally talented and fit the mold of the modern pass/run nfl qb.  You are 100% on.  If a team like Jacksonville or Washington lucks into Fields instead of Lawrence they may end up happier in the long run.

Lawrence gets all the talk, but they both are exceptionally talented and fit the mold of the modern pass/run nfl qb.  You are 100% on.  If a team like Jacksonville or Washington lucks into Fields instead of Lawrence they may end up happier in the long run.
I also imagine it would cost significantly less to trade up to 2 than 1. 

Wild end to the first half in that Florida game as well. 
what appeared to be the Mizzou strength & conditioning coach (guessing based on his build and the fact that he was insane enough to get in the mix) was taking on any and all comers without having to throw punches.

Devonta Smith is the heavy favorite for the Belitnikoff award...after Jeudys in ‘18. The other two of that group are Ruggs and Waddle. It’ll be the greatest college WR Corp ever.

gump said:
Devonta Smith is the heavy favorite for the Belitnikoff award...after Jeudys in ‘18. The other two of that group are Ruggs and Waddle. It’ll be the greatest college WR Corp ever.
And Waddle was probably the favorite before he went down

I deleted my reply bc I’ve always liked gump and don’t want to argue with him but these schools are not getting any credit from me for how they’ve handled this. Florida and wiscy just had huge breakouts, FSU’s coach is parading around without a mask 1.5 weeks after a positive, the whole thing is just gross to me. I’m glad they’re playing for the players but it’s really offputting to me how callous it all is. Jmo 

Kicker made 2 FG's today. Today was a good day.

Also, about time the defense had a good game.

Last edited by a moderator:
facook said:
ON the 10th Day, Trevor rose again to crush Notre Dame.

AAABatteries said:
If you people really believe that Lawrence isn't playing against Notre Dame then I don't know what to tell you.

Capella said:
He would be playing against Notre Dame if they were playing the game on Tuesday. 

You said Lawrence would be playing vs ND ...if the game was this Tuesday. Stop the conspiracy bs.
If Lawrence doesn't play at Notre Dame I'll eat a whole biscuit and gravy.

I deleted my reply bc I’ve always liked gump and don’t want to argue with him but these schools are not getting any credit from me for how they’ve handled this. Florida and wiscy just had huge breakouts, FSU’s coach is parading around without a mask 1.5 weeks after a positive, the whole thing is just gross to me. I’m glad they’re playing for the players but it’s really offputting to me how callous it all is. Jmo 
Cool.  We can give each other crap and whatnot, but i-friendships aren't worth torpedoing for football.

It's a cold world out there; we gotta keep each other warm.

RUSF18 said:

I'm as big of a Trevor fan as we have here but I also acknowledge that Fields is a colossal talent at QB.  If my team were to get either guy I'd be a happy camper.  Fields probably fits many teams better than Lawrence would.  I think both are going to make two fan bases happy in the coming years.  imo.

From a post over on Saintsreport’s College subforum:

Listened to Coach O after game review. He appears to have given up on the season. Regarding poor coaching by his staff, apparently he admits it is not fixable until new personnel are hired and that wont come till after the season. Pellini quit on O and didnt realize he couldnt coach anymore at the SEC level when he was hired. I think Coach O transfers his situation to others and saw Pellini rising from the depths like he did himself and hired the guy. Pellini just cant get in the trenches and train today's kids as he did 13 years ago. Worst hire ever in LSU over past 20 years. Miles had some bad hires but never this bad.
Orgeron wears his heart on his sleeve to be sure, but those kinds of admissions are very rare in high-level coaching.

@SaintsInDome2006, @L5UT1ger , @psychobillies — y’all heard anything about this?

From a post over on Saintsreport’s College subforum:

Orgeron wears his heart on his sleeve to be sure, but those kinds of admissions are very rare in high-level coaching.

@SaintsInDome2006, @L5UT1ger , @psychobillies — y’all heard anything about this?
Honestly,  I haven't looked at anything college football related since yesterday afternoon.   I won't start paying attention again until tomorrow.   One thing O seems willing to do is correct his mistakes, so  I wouldn't be surprised. 

I mean, did the landscape change under Pellini’s feet THAT much in recent years? I still think this year’s result with LSU’s defensive talent is pretty darned surprising.

I mean, did the landscape change under Pellini’s feet THAT much in recent years? I still think this year’s result with LSU’s defensive talent is pretty darned surprising.
He is crazy stubborn.  Very slow to change from something that's not working.  It's usually the players fault for not executing.  :rolleyes:   The schemes can look great in theory, but If the players can't execute the scheme, it's crap.  (See Melvin Gordon)

Does LSU currently have upper 1st round NFL talent at DT?  Pelini's defenses usually look great with one of those guys.  

He wouldn't start Fields because he didn't want to bench Jake Fromm.

Jake

#######

Fromm.

Fields is going to end up going 1.2 in the 2021 draft, and Jake Fromm will be selling State Farm in Augusta in 2 years.
Truly one of the worst coaching blunders in...20? 30 years? Mind blowing how he let that happen and I don’t know how Georgia boosters could continue to be ok paying him these huge salaries. Seems like it should immediately disqualify him. 

Any chance we were right on Orgeron not being a great coach and he just stumbled onto a generational QB kinda like Jimbo did with Jameis? And an amazing offensive mind with the kid who left for Carolina?

/ducks /runs 

The playoff will be OSU, Clemson, Bama and one of the Georgia/Florida winner or Notre Dame and uhhhhh I guess that’s it. 
Excuse me sir, a 6-0 usc team would like a word with you. 🤣

Actually the best thing about Covid is Usc not opening the season against Alabama. But this weird season could easily have a few undefeated teams who never played outside of their crappy conference (Pac 12 included). 

I think you are right in the prediction but could see some really weird scenarios of a 2 loss sec team going over a undefeated team especially if they didn’t play a whole season (and rightfully so).

Not sure if tOSU even deserves to be in the picture.

Any chance we were right on Orgeron not being a great coach and he just stumbled onto a generational QB kinda like Jimbo did with Jameis? And an amazing offensive mind with the kid who left for Carolina?

/ducks /runs 
Could be. Thought that as well, which would still be an upgrade for usc to get him back.

Excuse me sir, a 6-0 usc team would like a word with you. 🤣

Actually the best thing about Covid is Usc not opening the season against Alabama. But this weird season could easily have a few undefeated teams who never played outside of their crappy conference (Pac 12 included). 

I think you are right in the prediction but could see some really weird scenarios of a 2 loss sec team going over a undefeated team especially if they didn’t play a whole season (and rightfully so).

Not sure if tOSU even deserves to be in the picture.
I forgot the Pac was playing, s. :lmao:  I really haven’t paid enough attention to be talking here. I suppose Oregon could make it, yea. 

/ducks /runs 
LSU had a #### ton of talent. On offense a QB who went #1, the best OL in college (heard that a few times), 3 WRs who will be 1st rounders (2 more this year) and a 1st round RB. 4 skill positions as 1st rounders and the #1 overall pick is the QB? A stud OL too (2 3rds and a 4th this year).

On D in this past draft they had two 1st rounders, 2 2nds, 1 3rd and 1 4th. I don’t know about all their 2021 prospects but they have 2 more 1st round 2021 prospects. 

I think Brady helped but it was likely an embarrassment of riches. 5 first rounders on O and 4 on D and at least another 7 2nd to 4th rounders. I mean if they have a couple more prospects on OL or D go day 2/3 in 2021 then they’d have had a 2019 NC team with almost half the starters as 1st rounders and half as 2nd to 4th rounders. Alabama and Clemson have a ton of prospects but that many concentrated into two years, i.e. the starters on the NC team, is rare.

I'm as big of a Trevor fan as we have here but I also acknowledge that Fields is a colossal talent at QB.  If my team were to get either guy I'd be a happy camper.  Fields probably fits many teams better than Lawrence would.  I think both are going to make two fan bases happy in the coming years.  imo.
i know we can't necessarily draw a straight line from player to player and say "he sucked, so the next guy will" or "he was great, so the next guy will be", but i feel like we've heard "this OSU QB is so ####### great.. he's going to be a stud in the NFL" line before.

https://www.ranker.com/list/best-ohio-state-buckeyes-quarterbacks/ranker-college-football

Users who are viewing this thread