What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

N95 masks-Can you even get one? (1 Viewer)

-Instead of saying something like "Good of you to leave the free supply at the hospital alone for the doctors, entering the free market to purchase your own"...but you didn't. 

Why would someone want to have a PPP who is constantly around hospitals and fundraising for the hospital which is MILLIONS short now for their budget, furloughed 50 people including the CIO...I know you didn't mean it the way you asked it Mat but it's kinda good people see this side as well. 

I would buy one for me and donate one to the hospital, already thought about that.
You can't buy the specific models a hospital would use (1860s/1870+) through any legit channels I am aware of (they are OOS or reserved for HCPs).  And if you got your hands on them, and your intent was to help - give them all to the hospital.  You don't need them.

I am in and out of hospitals everyday.  In surgeries.  I don't have any reason to wear them.  I had one case with a covid positive patient last week, and instead of taking a mask and joining, I chose not to be in the case - to save the mask for the facility and to limit exposure.  Otherwise I just wear a surgical mask.

Wear a surgical/cloth mask and leave the PPE that is scarce for those who need it.

eta - my understanding, at least for my facilities in Texas is that PPE is becoming less and less of a concern now.  A materials guy yesterday said they are able to get what they need.  YMMV

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't buy the specific models a hospital would use (1860s/1870+) through any legit channels I am aware of (they are OOS or reserved for HCPs).  And if you got your hands on them, and your intent was to help - give them all to the hospital.  You don't need them.

I am in and out of hospitals everyday.  In surgeries.  I don't have any reason to wear them.  I had one case with a covid positive patient last week, and instead of taking a mask and joining, I chose not to be in the case - to save the mask for the facility and to limit exposure.  Otherwise I just wear a surgical mask.

Wear a surgical/cloth mask and leave the PPE that is scarce for those who need it.

eta - my understanding, at least for my facilities in Texas is that PPE is becoming less and less of a concern now.  A materials guy yesterday said they are able to get what they need.  YMMV
I honestly believe you Mat. 

I was reading that in order to properly block or safely protect that one truly needs more than a mask. I have read it can be passed thru the eyes and even ears, if that's not true I would be glad to know. I see them wear face shields in the hospitals
"In the hospitals" is key. I am assuming you're talking about recommended face coverings for use during ordinary personal errands -- grocery, take-out, retail, etc. If you're not in hospitals working closely with patients and/or doing procedures that release aerosols from infected persons (e.g. intubations), etc. you absolutely will not need *95 masks, face shields, or anything like that.

Getting COVID-19 through the eyes requires either someone coughing in your face, or else you somehow getting a large amount of virus on your hand and then immediately rubbing it in your eye. Catching the virus via eyes is not a common, casual vector.

You won't catch the virus through your ears. I can't even find a reference to that.

Users who are viewing this thread