What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MFL WW technical question - What Order WW are processed (1 Viewer)

PantherThunder

Footballguy
I took over a IDP Dynasty team 39 man rosters and I have about 8 guys who are one step away from being out of the league and another 6 which I can upgrade. There is one Bid WW run coming up in a few weeks before weekly runs start in August. For my upgrades, I don't necessarily  want to drop the guy I have unless I get someone at the same position I think is better. I am trying to make sure I understand how the WW run will work. For example I want to upgrade the kicker. I have McManus, but I think Gould or Myers would be an upgrade. 

If I put my waiver wire bid in order:

Bid 2 Gould, drop McManus

Big 2 Myers, drop McManus

I am assuming if get Gould, my Myers bid gets cancelled. Or does my Myers bid go thru If I have an open spot. I am also assuming they run in the order I put them in. I hope that makes sense I don't want to get two kickers, and leave the rookie WR I like on the board due to a processing issue. I have a number of players I want to do this with. 

Thank in advance. 

You can do it in a couple of ways. Since your league is based on bid, the "rounds" are primarily your prioritization (if you want to put multiple bids in on the same player depending on if you got another player, etc.), and MFLs way of you making bid groups, but they are all processed based on highest bid (meaning your Round 1 does not take priority over another owners Round 3 if it's the same player, the highest bid will win), and you can only get 1 player from any round.

So, for example, if you only want to get 1 kicker, and you only want to drop McManus if you get that kicker, you would want to enter the two bids into the same round as follows:

Bid 2 on Gould, drop McManus

Bid 2 on Myers, drop McManus

If they are in the same round, you will not get both of them, and you also will not drop McManus unless you win one of them. If you win Gould, the Myers bid is essentially cancelled as it is no longer valid as you no longer have McManus to drop. If you don't win Gould, then it will look at the Myers bid.

You would not want to put any other players/bids into that round - you keep it as your kicker group for lack of a better phrasing.

The strategy, if you can call it that, comes in when you have a bunch of players you want, and a bunch of players you want to drop. The strategy is in how you want to group those bids - if you have a preferred order on who you'd want to drop regardless of who you pick up with no care about positions, etc., then I put all of my bids in order for all of the guys I want with my top drop and load those into the same round. Then I copy all of those bids to another round, and edit them to remove the top player I want (as if I didn't get him already, I won't get him in a different grouping) but more importantly I edit them to make the player to drop the second guy on my team I want to drop. I repeat this process for however many players I want to possibly acquire. 

Essentially it ends up looking like this:

Round 1

• Add Player A, Drop Player Z
  • Add Player B, Drop Player Z
  • Add Player C, Drop Player Z
Round 2

• Add Player B, Drop Player Y
  • Add Player C, Drop Player Y
The logic being that the way MFL will process it is it will look at your bid in Round 1 on Player A - if it is the highest bid on Player A across all teams, you will win him and the rest of your Round 1 bids are essentially canclled. If you are beat for Player A, it then goes to your bid on Player B and if you win it will drop Player Z. If you had won Player A, it would be evaluating your bid on Player B from Round 2, and if you win him, you would now drop Player Y for him.

If instead you preference is just to replace like for like as in drop a WR if you get a WR, then you would need to do your bid groupings that way where in a given round you have your bids for WR in order with the WR you want to drop. Do the same for other positions, etc., similar to what I described for kicker.

I promise it sounds way more confusing than it is, as it is no different than how the other sites structure their bids/conditional bids, they just use the terminology of "rounds" (rather than something like Waiver Claim Group, etc).

Drop some of the details of what you want to do and we can help you structure the groups/bids if that will help.

You can do it in a couple of ways. Since your league is based on bid, the "rounds" are primarily your prioritization (if you want to put multiple bids in on the same player depending on if you got another player, etc.), and MFLs way of you making bid groups, but they are all processed based on highest bid (meaning your Round 1 does not take priority over another owners Round 3 if it's the same player, the highest bid will win), and you can only get 1 player from any round.

So, for example, if you only want to get 1 kicker, and you only want to drop McManus if you get that kicker, you would want to enter the two bids into the same round as follows:

Bid 2 on Gould, drop McManus

Bid 2 on Myers, drop McManus

If they are in the same round, you will not get both of them, and you also will not drop McManus unless you win one of them. If you win Gould, the Myers bid is essentially cancelled as it is no longer valid as you no longer have McManus to drop. If you don't win Gould, then it will look at the Myers bid.

You would not want to put any other players/bids into that round - you keep it as your kicker group for lack of a better phrasing.

The strategy, if you can call it that, comes in when you have a bunch of players you want, and a bunch of players you want to drop. The strategy is in how you want to group those bids - if you have a preferred order on who you'd want to drop regardless of who you pick up with no care about positions, etc., then I put all of my bids in order for all of the guys I want with my top drop and load those into the same round. Then I copy all of those bids to another round, and edit them to remove the top player I want (as if I didn't get him already, I won't get him in a different grouping) but more importantly I edit them to make the player to drop the second guy on my team I want to drop. I repeat this process for however many players I want to possibly acquire. 

Essentially it ends up looking like this:

Round 1

• Add Player A, Drop Player Z
  • Add Player B, Drop Player Z
  • Add Player C, Drop Player Z
Round 2

• Add Player B, Drop Player Y
  • Add Player C, Drop Player Y
The logic being that the way MFL will process it is it will look at your bid in Round 1 on Player A - if it is the highest bid on Player A across all teams, you will win him and the rest of your Round 1 bids are essentially canclled. If you are beat for Player A, it then goes to your bid on Player B and if you win it will drop Player Z. If you had won Player A, it would be evaluating your bid on Player B from Round 2, and if you win him, you would now drop Player Y for him.

If instead you preference is just to replace like for like as in drop a WR if you get a WR, then you would need to do your bid groupings that way where in a given round you have your bids for WR in order with the WR you want to drop. Do the same for other positions, etc., similar to what I described for kicker.

I promise it sounds way more confusing than it is, as it is no different than how the other sites structure their bids/conditional bids, they just use the terminology of "rounds" (rather than something like Waiver Claim Group, etc).

Drop some of the details of what you want to do and we can help you structure the groups/bids if that will help.
Very well done.  This is the perfect explanation of the process.

Users who are viewing this thread