What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

This is the type of political discourse we need more of IMHO (1 Viewer)

geoff8695

Footballguy
I know some of the language used in a Joe Rogan podcast is generally considered too "colorful" for a FBGs forum.

I hope you will overlook some salty language to consider Joe's most recent conversation with two next generation political insiders, Krystal & Saagar, who make a career out of honestly discussing politics, and disagreeing without being disagreeable. Despite being on opposing sides they find a way to engage in real discussion with a lot less "spin" and intellectual gymnastics than similar panel discussions on your typical cable network pundit shows.

****Obligatory language NSFW warning****

Joe Rogan Experience #1485 - Krystal & Saagar (Youtube link)

This is an incredibly timely example of the dialogue that can/should take place when those of us with opposing political views get together. It's a breath of fresh air for me personally, and some of us could stand to learn a thing or two from their example.

YMMV

PS - if you don't know who Krystal & Saagar are, see how long it takes you to figure out which one leans left/right, it wasn't immediately obvious to me...

Big fan of Krystal and Saager. It's amazing to see a left/right cable news type show that isn't a dumpster fire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing this!  Looking forward to checking it out!

Irrelevant side curiosity: could one divine whether Rising is left- or right- leaning based solely on the comments above?  :hmm:

I'm new to "Rising"; I can't speak to the leaning part, other than to say how refreshing it is to observe a measure of respect, calm, and breathing room enough for an honest and open discussion between people with admittedly differing and in some cases opposing biases. Nice not to have smoke blown up my kilt for a change...

I'll take that ANYDAY over echo chambers, sycophants, talking points, and blue/red flag nonsense that serves no legitimate purpose, aside from dividing us and maintaining status quo in the worst possible sense IMO.

Also, I know Joe's format of 3 hour talks is a big ask - but if you are at all familiar with Chicago politics and can make it all the way to the Lightfoot comments - It's comedy GOLD!

Never heard of Rising, but will give this episode a listen - thanks.  

I listen to less and less Rogan lately, and unfortunately tend to skip if I don't immediately recognize who it is he is talking to.  

Thanks for sharing this!  Looking forward to checking it out!

Irrelevant side curiosity: could one divine whether Rising is left- or right- leaning based solely on the comments above?  :hmm:
I've never heard of Rising, but I'd guess it is advertised as politically balanced. Based on the medium and comments above, I suspect it leans conservative.

I've never heard of Rising, but I'd guess it is advertised as politically balanced. Based on the medium and comments above, I suspect it leans conservative.
It's actually a really great mix of left/right, but it highly leans populist over establishment.  Kristal is a Bernie-crat and Saagar is a populist republican.  

Very telling that this thread isn’t getting more love.  It’s not exciting even on FBGs with all the smart people around here.....to listen to people engage in civil discourse evidently.
I really liked them on the Rogan podcast.   Not sure how many are in my camp, but I really don't use YouTube, and they don't have a podcast from what I've seen so I evidently won't be giving them another set of ears and eyes.  :shrug:

I really liked them on the Rogan podcast.   Not sure how many are in my camp, but I really don't use YouTube, and they don't have a podcast from what I've seen so I evidently won't be giving them another set of ears and eyes.  :shrug:
It’s funny, had the exact same reaction (“why isn’t this a podcast?  Who listens to YouTube?”).

It’s funny, had the exact same reaction (“why isn’t this a podcast?  Who listens to YouTube?”).
Billions of people probably, but I just don't use it for much besides music/concerts.   I was really surprised that they didn't have that in podcast format.   I think in the interview Saagar said he did have a podcast, just not with her?

I check out their YouTube occasionally. But if they had a podcast it would be a daily listen for me.

Krystal and Saagar are great. I also listen to Matt Taibbi and Katie Halper's Useful Idiots podcast that is a populist left-leaner of a show.

hagmania said:
I also listen to Matt Taibbi and Katie Halper's Useful Idiots podcast that is a populist left-leaner of a show.
The episode they did with Antonio García Martínez was terrific. The only thing that sucked is the Hunter Biden story censorship happened after the interview, would have made it even better.

Matt Taibbi, Glenn Greenwald, Michael Tracey, and Tim Pool are a few of the remaining intellectually honest and independent journalists out there that I recommend people check out if you're not familiar with their work.

Matt Taibbi, Glenn Greenwald, Michael Tracey, and Tim Pool are a few of the remaining intellectually honest and independent journalists out there that I recommend people check out if you're not familiar with their work.
Podcasts? Books? YouTube Channel? 

I'm not a fan of Tracey at all but love Taibbi and Greenwald. Taibbi has a really good podcast with Katie Halper called Useful Idiots (it's part of Rolling Stone)
The more I listen to Taibbi the more I like him. I don’t agree with everything or stance he takes but he is incredibly well thought out and rational which I appreciate.   We CERTAINLY need more discourse like this thread discusses, unfortunately this is what we have right now...

https://mobile.twitter.com/ericcervini/status/1322336226792321025

Joe Rogan Experience #1485 - Krystal & Saagar (Youtube link)

This is an incredibly timely example of the dialogue that can/should take place when those of us with opposing political views get together. It's a breath of fresh air for me personally, and some of us could stand to learn a thing or two from their example.
I'm probably in the minority but my god that was horrible. Maybe If I watched one of their episodes where they actually discuss SOMETHING instead of a Rogan spot where they talk about themselves I'd feel different. It was painful to listen to and I couldn't get through the whole thing. Really started off on a bad foot when they were saying the thing that sets them apart from other left/right shows is . . . .their honesty. Jesus. Then she went on and on 3 different times about how awesome it is to have such crappy internet you have to get off line. 

But the worst (ie my favorite part) was when they were discussing what poor viewership (like a peak of 1k views) they had until they interviewed Andrew Yang. And the guy goes "and it's because of the questions we asked"  :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread