What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do you eat corn on the cob? (1 Viewer)

How do you eat corn on the cob?

• Axially Left to Right

Votes: 99 67.3%
  • Axially Right to Left

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Radially Left to Right

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • Radially Right to Left

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Radially Middle Out

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Random Bites Everywhere like some kind of monster

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Some other way (explain)

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • I don’t eat corn on the cob

Votes: 8 5.4%

• Total voters

Dan Lambskin

Footballguy
How do you eat your corn?

by axially I mean eat a row(s) then start again on the next row aka typewriter style

radially eat around the cob 360 then move over 

Axially left to right, quarter rotation upward, chomp next row, rinse, repeat, then random clean up bits as needed.

Radially...I said left to right...but really start at the smaller end no matter left or right.

I give the ear a once-over and start with the area that has the the most plump, ripe-looking corn. Then eat outwards from that spot.

I eat one rotation's worth and then will chomp left to right and eat a row. Go back to the left, one rotation, eat a row.

I have no actual method it's a combo.

I usually bite from the middle. Then a bite from each side of that. Then rotates a little.

i lost all my teeth but the front six bottoms to a decade of snorting things. dont wear dentures unless i have to. systematic corn consumption is outside my ken. bitemonster
I got smashed in the face and lost my top two. I'll never eat corn on the cob again.  

Grilled corn on the cob is awesome.  I also cut it off the cob and then add butter, salt, lime and some red chili powder.  

Big end on the left, always.

I'd say ~2/3rds of the time, I start on the left and eat it radially.  The other 1/3rd, I start on the left and eat it axially.  On occasion, I'll do a mixture of both because I try to see if one way is better than the other.  I still don't think I've answered that question for myself.

#1 rule with eating corn on the cob for me, though?  I don't do it unless I have access to a flosser immediately afterward. 

Not a big fan of corn on the cob.  Maybe had it 5 times in my life and each of those five times I just nibbled on it and let 90% of it go to waste.  Any dish that I enjoy that has corn in it can be made just as well with canned or frozen corn.  

We have grilled corn about once a week. I eat it by chomping 2-3 rows at a time, typewriter style, rotate up, and chomp on the way back. Repeat. It takes about 3 rotations to clean a cob.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread