What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RIP Reche Caldwell (1 Viewer)

From the article:

Caldwell returned to his hometown of Tampa and struggled to find his way after football. He opened an event planning company and volunteered as a football coach, but he still felt a huge void in his life. His brother and fellow former Gators and NFL wide receiver, Andre "Bubba" Caldwell, told ESPN The Magazine that he believes Reche was haunted by dropped passes in the AFC Championship Game in January 2007. The Patriots lost 38-34 to the Colts.

"The way the game kicked him to the curb like an unwanted stepchild hurt him mentally and haunted him," Andre Caldwell said.
Ashamed to admit 14 years ago I was part of the pitchfork masses over those drops. Such an unimportant things sports are in hindsight, especially for us fans, yet sounds like the fallout from that game impacted his career, psyche and overall life arc. Terrible news to read.

Mannnn

This guy was one of my favorite sleepers back in the day.  And I have no idea why.  

And then when he went to the Pats, I KNEW he was going to break out.  

Didn't work out, but I remember hyping him up on other boards back in the day.  

RIP man.

jm192 said:
Mannnn

This guy was one of my favorite sleepers back in the day.  And I have no idea why.  

And then when he went to the Pats, I KNEW he was going to break out.  

Didn't work out, but I remember hyping him up on other boards back in the day.  

RIP man.
I remember why he was a sleeper. Remember him being drafted by the Chargers and having a quiet rookie campaign, and looked like his utility was up a little the next season. I took a flyer on him as a last round pick as a sleeper as after Gates and LT2, he had a good chance as any of that pack to get targets. Keenan McCardell had just come over from the Bucs and was new to the system, Eric Parker and Kassim Osgood were not huge threats. (As an aside, believe that team had Brees, Flutie, and a rookie Rivers on the roster that season).

He had started that year with something like 3 TDs in his first 4 or 5 games. Thought I hit the jackpot as a flex...until he blew out his ACL.

Such a terrible tragedy to end his life. RIP. 

ETA: I actually wonder if I took that flier after reading some hype on on these boards (was it still Ol' Yeller or did it switch over?) -- might have even been because of your hype, @jm192!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread