What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favorite chain restaurant? (1 Viewer)

Fast food - Chick-fil-a

Sit Down (lower end) - Copeland’s 

Sit Down (higher end) - Shula’s (is this considered a chain?)

As far as sit down chain places, I like the Bonefish Grill and Ruth Chris is a pretty good steakhouse. Like most though I prefer local eats.

Moe's, blue coast (small "chain"), salsaritas. 

Zaxby's, Chick-fil-A

Five guys, cook out (how could I forget cook out? It's my kids go to but on the other side of town)

Culver's (we're finally getting one next week)

Last edited by a moderator:
PF Chang's: Not going to seek it out based on where I am, but they do a decent job

Il Fornaio

California Pizza kitchen: used to be wonderful, now kind of meh

Bubba gump's: not spectacular, but consistent (never a bad meal) and the ones I've been to have wonderful views.

I’m only considering sit down type restaurants here, no fast food or fast casual

Red Robin

Buffalo Wild Wings

Outback

Texas Roadhouse

those are about the only ones i visit with any frequency 

will hit these occasionally 

chilis

bob Evans 

ruby Tuesday 

How many are necessary before it is considered a chain? 

Winking Lizard (Ohio only I think, but there are about 18 of them)

Maggiano's Little Italy

Texas Roadhouse

Ruth's Chris and Mastro's for steakhouses. Capital Grille is good too.

Another vote for Red Robin. Those are some damn good burgers.

I dig Panda Express - food is always pretty good, cheap, and fast.

Filiberto's for fast food Mexican in the Southwest.

Krispy Kreme makes a mean doughnut.

Ruth's Chris and Mastro's for steakhouses. Capital Grille is good too.

Another vote for Red Robin. Those are some damn good burgers.

I dig Panda Express - food is always pretty good, cheap, and fast.

Filiberto's for fast food Mexican in the Southwest.

Krispy Kreme makes a mean doughnut.
I think Mastros is where I went in Vegas and ordered a $50 steak and took 2 bites because I already had like 2 full day’s of nonstop drinking and had no appetite 

I think Mastros is where I went in Vegas and ordered a $50 steak and took 2 bites because I already had like 2 full day’s of nonstop drinking and had no appetite 
They have a cool one there in Cosmo I think.

The original one is in Phoenix, and it's still my fav. But they've been bought out by an investment group and doing a lot of expansion - they have an awesome menu.

Whataburger

Chik-fil-a

Popeye's

Waffle House (Road trip breakfast only).

Blimpie

I really won't do chains for anything higher end than fast food.

I never really got all the Olive Garden hate

Its not the greatest food in the world but it’s not bad either imo

We order curbside once in awhile. 

The salad is big and always fresh. The chicken broccoli Alfredo is pretty good.

The zeppole are pretty darn good too

🤷🏻‍♂️

Moe's, blue coast (small "chain"), salsaritas. 

Zaxby's, Chick-fil-A

Five guys

Culver's (we're finally getting one next week)
really miss this place, had one in austin and then up in minnesota too....... good burgers and desserts
This is easily my favorite fast food chain.....not even close (sorry Chic-Fil-A you're second).  As far as sit down restaurants, I don't really have one....feel like we do better at home.

🤷🏻‍♂️
I agree. It's not homemade pasta or anything, but it's not terrible. The salad is great. And the mushroom ravioli is pretty damn good.

I worked there for a while as a waiter, and always thought the food was decent.

🤷🏻‍♂️
It's overpriced pasta. 

There's a reason it's done well, and the salad is good.. But we won't eat there, it just isn't worth the price.

It's overpriced pasta. 

There's a reason it's done well, and the salad is good.. But we won't eat there, it just isn't worth the price.
Pretty sure everything is just frozen and microwaved to order

It’s not terrible, and I used to go frequently in my late teens / early 20s, but I don’t think I’d ever choose to go there again

I probably haven’t been in like 10 years and that was for a soup, salad and breadsticks lunch

Also have multiple local Italian joints that are much better so it’s just not something on my radar

Taco Johns and Qdoba probably my favorites.  Culver’s is solid too I swear the one in my town is a goldmine.  Busy all the time.  Their spicy chicken sandwich is pretty darn good

Pretty sure everything is just frozen and microwaved to order

It’s not terrible, and I used to go frequently in my late teens / early 20s, but I don’t think I’d ever choose to go there again

I probably haven’t been in like 10 years and that was for a soup, salad and breadsticks lunch

Also have multiple local Italian joints that are much better so it’s just not something on my radar
We were given a gift card last year, took us almost a whole year to decide to use it. It was fine, but there's no way I'd choose it over any of probably at least 70 restaurants nearby. 

Ale House. I believe it was local here in Florida to start, but I have relatives in PA now telling me they have them there. Beers, burgers, wings. 

Back in my Chicaoland days I was a big fan of Potbelly's Sandwich Shop.
I had that once and then looked online at the nutritional info for their sandwiches. Just looking at the sodium count gave me a minor heart attack.

Never at there again.

Texas Roadhouse
I’m glad a few folks have tabbed Texas Roadhouse ... ours is pretty solid.

Olive Garden was probably a lot better in the past. I worked at one back when they did make the pasta fresh in house. Had a pasta-making station right up front in the lobby so people could watch while waiting for their tables.

Texas Roadhouse - Full slab o ribs with a baked sweet potato, and an order of rattlesnake bites

Five Guys - Love their cajun fries, but they overcook their burgers

Burger King - Original chicken sandwich minus lettuce - an easy go to when you can't decide on anything else

Ruby Tuesday - I get my money's worth at the salad bar

Cracker Barrel - The only place around that serves sweet iced tea

Users who are viewing this thread