What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Recommend a Bluetooth Speaker! (1 Viewer)

From the link you provided, I imagine portability and outdoor versatility (i.e. waterproof) aren't a concern.  I suspect the specific one you linked is overkill.  While they are likely high quality, by virtue of using Bluetooth as the input, you'll likely lose much of the sound quality anyway.  I'd think you can find something significantly cheaper that would provide the same level of performance.

As others have mentioned, JBL makes some fantastic Bluetooth products, but I admit I am biased as I used to work there (and have JBL stuff all over the house).  I will say that if you check the www.harmanaudio.com site on occasion and look at the Sale section, you can frequently find some good deals on JBL and Harman's other brands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another vote for JBL - I have two, one for my office at work and one for my home office, and they've both been great for me.

From the link you provided, I imagine portability and outdoor versatility (i.e. waterproof) aren't a concern.  I suspect the specific one you linked is overkill.  While they are likely high quality, by virtue of using Bluetooth as the input, you'll likely lose much of the sound quality anyway.  I'd think you can find something significantly cheaper that would provide the same level of performance.

As others have mentioned, JBL makes some fantastic Bluetooth products, but I admit I am biased as I used to work there (and have JBL stuff all over the house).  I will say that if you check the www.harmanaudio.com site on occasion and look at the Sale section, you can frequently find some good deals on JBL and Harman's other brands.
With Aptx you don't lose nearly as much as you think, and if your source is a streaming service you will be 100% fine.

I found these online. They look pretty good.

I want something to use when on the treadmill.

TIA

https://audioengineusa.com/shop/wirelessspeakers/a5-wireless/?attribute_pa_finish=bamboo
Audioengine make some great speakers, I think you'd be very happy with them. My son has the A2s with the sub and they are excellent. If you want something a bit more portable I'd look at the Marshall line of Bluetooth speakers. I have HEOS (Denon brand) and they are good but I prefer the Marshall, sound is very good with a legit all day battery.

So a permanent install go with the audioengines, if you want portable I'd look at Marshall.

Cuz they kind of suck unless paired with the sub, and Marshall actually has Alexa support as do most of the better speakers.
OK, fair enough.  I'm not enough of an audiophile to notice. For most music, I'm perfectly happy with my original Echo and I know the newer version are much better.  But I also recognize that my tastes may be sub-standard.  

OK, fair enough.  I'm not enough of an audiophile to notice. For most music, I'm perfectly happy with my original Echo and I know the newer version are much better.  But I also recognize that my tastes may be sub-standard.  
Think char-broil vs lang for smoking....

JBL Guys:  How much bigger is the Charge than the Flip?  I am thinking of picking up the new Charge because  it has a USB-c charger ;)

... am I the only one that uses Bose?

Bose Revolve

360d sound so it gives a nice base effect when placed near a wall.

No wifi .. but I believe you can link 2 speakers together with the Bose app.

Now if you're looking more for non-portable house speakers ... this is what I recommend...

Bluetooth Amp

Yamaha Speaker

This is what I use. Very loud and crisp. Good base.

... and comes in a little over $200 for everything.

They keep developing new and improved versions, so maybe not for a long time.  It suspect it will continue to evolve.  What do you foresee that will make it obsolete?
I don't know, I was honestly asking.  I just wouldn't want to pay $500 for a speaker that couldn't be used in a handful of years.  The functional life of a lot of electronics aren't very long.

Used to work for Zound, the company with the Marshall license. Both the Kilburn II and the Tufton are very good portables. Kulburn II probably will have a couple sub 200 deals I’d think. The gray is on Amazon now at 210

I’ve had 2 of these for a few years, love them. Family beats them up at the beach, pool, around the house. Long battery life, good volume, good sound. Great for the price.

I have an Harman Kardon Onyx Mini I got about 3 years ago. Still love it. Not sure they even still make it, but it was around $70-$80 at the time and great for using around the house.

Both were delivered!

The JBL sounds amazing! Definitely a keeper.  

Going to test out the audioengine this weekend!

I'll probably return one of them unless I fall in love with both!

HTH

I’ve got the JBL Flip and the Marshall Kilburn. Both are great. The JBL is more portable but the Marshall sounds better and is louder. 

I need to get a more powerful pre amp amp for the B&W's.

Currently I'm running an old 50 watt Denon from the mid 80's.

Anyone have a good recommendation for an amp to pair with the 630's?

I'm considering this...

https://www.stereophile.com/content/classé-sigma-2200i-integrated-amplifier
My guess is you're not getting what those 603s deserve from an 80s Denon, but post the model, you might be. Some of the older gear is actually really good. I'm still running a 99 Rotel RB 985 MKII as my amp, still amazing.

Classe makes some good stuff for sure, don't think you can go wrong with them. I prefer Marantz though, over on Audiogon you can get some good deals on their high end integrated amps.

ETA you'll probably get a ton more responses in the Audiophile thread.

My guess is you're not getting what those 603s deserve from an 80s Denon, but post the model, you might be. Some of the older gear is actually really good. I'm still running a 99 Rotel RB 985 MKII as my amp, still amazing.

Classe makes some good stuff for sure, don't think you can go wrong with them. I prefer Marantz though, over on Audiogon you can get some good deals on their high end integrated amps.

ETA you'll probably get a ton more responses in the Audiophile thread.
Thanks Hawks!

The Denon is a DRA-550.  My set up sounds better with Jazz not Rock, so I"m looking to upgrade...

Hey Hawks!

Which Marantz would you recommend?  I'm looking for something with 150+ watts

TIA
Don't think you need to look at watts per se, my Rotel is 100 or 110 and it is much stronger than either of the Denons and Marantz I have which are rated higher. And what are your goals? Just 2ch music? Used/New?

Don't think you need to look at watts per se, my Rotel is 100 or 110 and it is much stronger than either of the Denons and Marantz I have which are rated higher. And what are your goals? Just 2ch music? Used/New?
I tried a few Rotels and they sounded very harsh to my ears. JMO

2 channel.  Strictly for listening to music.  I WOULD like to stream/blutooth music.  I'm a little weary of used as I bought a rotel cd changer from ebay and it was broken.  Bad experience...

I've had mine for almost 6 or 7 years now.  Still sounds great and battery life is still good. I'll probably re-up for another one here soon.
I just got another, larger one for my boat. My buddy has two of the larger Blasts and just ties them to the tower on his boat. The work just as well as any stationary speakers we hear at the beat. I can never get with my friend from Bham to get my smaller Boom back from him, but I have had that thing since the product came out. Like you say, it's still seems the same, or at least it did last fall whenever he grabbed it by mistake.

I tried a few Rotels and they sounded very harsh to my ears. JMO

2 channel.  Strictly for listening to music.  I WOULD like to stream/blutooth music.  I'm a little weary of used as I bought a rotel cd changer from ebay and it was broken.  Bad experience...
Then you need to find a local place that will let you audition in home for sure. And what's interesting is the source that is key to good sound. I have used this Rotel with pre/pros from Rotel (loved), Yamaha (Meh), Onkyo (terrible), Denon (loved) and Marantz (loved). If you like the Denon sound then you should like Marantz. Marantz just uses better components and I like the look better as well.

How many sources? Analog or digital? Could go with an integrated amp like these PM700N or high end PM-KI, or you could do a stereo receiver NR1200 paired with a stereo amp MM7025

Really lots of choices based on budget.

Then you need to find a local place that will let you audition in home for sure. And what's interesting is the source that is key to good sound. I have used this Rotel with pre/pros from Rotel (loved), Yamaha (Meh), Onkyo (terrible), Denon (loved) and Marantz (loved). If you like the Denon sound then you should like Marantz. Marantz just uses better components and I like the look better as well.

How many sources? Analog or digital? Could go with an integrated amp like these PM700N or high end PM-KI, or you could do a stereo receiver NR1200 paired with a stereo amp MM7025

Really lots of choices based on budget.
Thanks for the info Hawks!  I'll have to look into these.  (I DO have a Marantz cd player that I'm VERY happy with.)

:thumbup:

I posted this in the audiophile thread...

I'm also considering picking one of these up, as they were highly recommended on audiogon.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_133SL1210B/Technics-SL-1210GR.html?tp=75887

I tried the Project Debut Carbon and the bass sounded very muddy to my ears.'

TIA

Users who are viewing this thread