What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is it acceptable to destroy anything that offends you? (1 Viewer)

And telling police to stand down in the face of destruction of property is a move that beggars belief, much like the standing down that's been going on in cities across America. No proper channels have been used, they are criminals.  

Disagree.  Police are afraid to act now.   This is what you get people..
Don't tell me. I thought the looters and rioters should be charged with arson and theft if they burned and looted buildings and chattel.  Anyone using a molotov should have gotten an instant attempted arson charge if the state has those statutes. Any successful use of a molotov and the offender should be charged with arson. 

We should not set cities ablaze in America.  

Why? To me, the answer is an obvious no. However, the powers that be seem to be saying it is acceptable. 
Correct, let’s tear down everything that offends everyone.  Anarchy people... hypothetically I don’t like Asians so let’s tear down alll China towns, Chinese restaurants etc as they represent communist, right. 

Ok I’m worried about the rams this year..  toughest division in nfl and not sure what Goff can deliver 
Yeah. It’s gonna be interesting. Honestly I’m more worried about McVay’s ability to adjust since the league caught up with his system and the O-line.  If those 2 things pan out Goff will be fine.  If not we’re in trouble.  

Is this the thread where I’m supposed to be offended about destroying tributes to racism?  

“should have been done long ago”
Actually it’s looking like the thread where you should be offended if Nickleback (Creed too apparently) CD’s aren’t destroyed.  Which may or may not be possible but that’s still TBD. 

Is this the thread where I’m supposed to be offended about destroying tributes to racism?  

“should have been done long ago”
Certainly don't remember the outrage when Saddam Hussein's (sp?) statue came tumbling down in Iraq.  Lotta cheers if I recall.  Read some of the things Chris Columbus or Nathan Bedford Forrest did to other humans and tell me their statues deserve a better fate than Hussein's.  Civil War soldiers were fighting a war against US (the U.S.) to continue the practice of slavery...why on earth SHOULD we let their monuments stand?  How do you think black people feel knowing that these relics to racism are still revered to this day?    

Perhaps we can have a petition attached to any statue, structure, etc.  Once the petition gets enough signatures, tear it down.  But for the love of god, don't damage other innocent stuff around it.

No it’s protected by the constitution. Free speech in case you forgot. Sorry if it offends you but people can have different opinions. What part do you disagree with.?
i don’t mean this disrespectfully, but have you read the 1st amendment?  the FFA is not the government and not bound by the 1st amendment, right?  the beauty of this country is our ability to scream ______ amendment, without knowing what it actually means.  heck, 2nd amendment isn’t actually gun ownership, isn’t it more about forming well armed militias?  just my .02 here.  

Certainly don't remember the outrage when Saddam Hussein's (sp?) statue came tumbling down in Iraq.  Lotta cheers if I recall.  Read some of the things Chris Columbus or Nathan Bedford Forrest did to other humans and tell me their statues deserve a better fate than Hussein's.  Civil War soldiers were fighting a war against US (the U.S.) to continue the practice of slavery...why on earth SHOULD we let their monuments stand?  How do you think black people feel knowing that these relics to racism are still revered to this day?    
12 presidents owned slaves.  8 while in office.  slavery was legal in this nation for a long time.  some grace our currency.  

I have zero issue with monuments and statues being removed. "Erasing history" and refusing to glorify it are not the same thing. That said, I don't agree with groups of people removing what they are offended by. There are step you can take to do it legally. If that doesn't work, the community disagrees with your stance for what ever reason. 

Users who are viewing this thread