What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump coming to Tulsa. (1 Viewer)

The Call?  I think that may be Timschochet you’re thinking of.That said, I do love Michael Hedges, a new age guitarist who was raised in OK.
No,, The Flaming Lips album Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots.  Sorry, must have been someone else.

People are so afraid of telling Donald Trump "No, not a good idea" that they are literally going to pack an arena full of 19K people, not wear masks, and cheer. Unbelievable. 

Spare me "but the protesters though!". Let's concede that was dumb behavior for a moment.

The President, who should know better, is doing this. Odds are pretty good that people will get infected at the rally, and some may die.

People generally trust the President (why they trust this specific President I don't know). So those people figure "hey if the President is having a rally it must be all good!"

It's not all good. Be smarter than this. Good golly.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1273416529758113793

Gray Television’s Jacqueline Policastro:

Cases are rising in 22 states including OK, site of your rally; aren’t you worried about people getting sick?

Donald Trump:

“No, because if you look, the numbers are very minuscule compared to what it was. It’s dying out. “

:(   "dying out" (?) Perhaps not the best choice of words...

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1273416529758113793

Cases are rising in 22 states including OK, site of your rally; aren’t you worried about people getting sick?

Donald Trump:

“No, because if you look, the numbers are very minuscule compared to what it was. It’s dying out. “

:(   "dying out" (?) Perhaps not the best choice of words...
Everyone but you knows exactly what he meant. 

This is funny right here. Never was this question asked to Kamala, Warren, De Blasio, Whitmer, Pritzker or any other Democrat preening politician marching with a mob of people this last 2 weeks.

This is funny right here. Never was this question asked to Kamala, Warren, De Blasio, Whitmer, Pritzker or any other Democrat preening politician marching with a mob of people this last 2 weeks.
Or Al Sharpton's rally that is scheduled for the day just prior to Trumps. Normal people see the hypocrisy.  

Last edited by a moderator:
People are so afraid of telling Donald Trump "No, not a good idea" that they are literally going to pack an arena full of 19K people, not wear masks, and cheer. Unbelievable. 

Spare me "but the protesters though!". Let's concede that was dumb behavior for a moment.

The President, who should know better, is doing this. Odds are pretty good that people will get infected at the rally, and some may die.

People generally trust the President (why they trust this specific President I don't know). So those people figure "hey if the President is having a rally it must be all good!"

It's not all good. Be smarter than this. Good golly.
No doubt.

Yes, this applies to all huge groups.  For sure shouldn't be a left/right issue.  You either believe it's a concern or you don't. 

Sharpton can do Juneteenth. Haha. I hadn’t heard of the event until just now.

Well, welcome to Tulsa. We like peaceful rallies.

Any comments by those railing Trump?

My son is hearing Trump is coming in with a much larger contingent than normal. Probably more security. He’s heard some rumors, but nothing concrete. 

I just hope everything goes smoothly & we get out of this thing quietly.

My son is hearing Trump is coming in with a much larger contingent than normal. Probably more security. He’s heard some rumors, but nothing concrete. 

I just hope everything goes smoothly & we get out of this thing quietly.
Is that extra security, or extra people to help him get up and down stairs and ramps? ;)

So I do suspect there could be some issues from what it sounds like. Can’t 100% confirm, but evidently, there’s already been some arrests. Not sure if it was TPD or feds who made the arrests & no details.

How nefarious are these clowns? I don’t know.

Sharpton can do Juneteenth. Haha. I hadn’t heard of the event until just now.

Well, welcome to Tulsa. We like peaceful rallies.

Any comments by those railing Trump?
https://www.tulsaworld.com/entertainment/the-rev-al-sharpton-to-headline-tulsa-juneteenth-event-organizers-say/article_933f841d-ef95-50e3-b3ac-c2ece54a3c9f.html

Yeah, despite being outdoors, this sounds like a really bad idea. And no mention in the article of any precautions (mask requirements, social distancing, temperature checks) being taken. 

Oddly, though, I found the web page for the event, and it says that the event has been postponed to 2021 due to COVID-19. But the news reports as recently as yesterday say the event is a go.

Tulsa Juneteenth

https://www.tulsaworld.com/entertainment/the-rev-al-sharpton-to-headline-tulsa-juneteenth-event-organizers-say/article_933f841d-ef95-50e3-b3ac-c2ece54a3c9f.html

Yeah, despite being outdoors, this sounds like a really bad idea. And no mention in the article of any precautions (mask requirements, social distancing, temperature checks) being taken. 

Oddly, though, I found the web page for the event, and it says that the event has been postponed to 2021 due to COVID-19. But the news reports as recently as yesterday say the event is a go.

I think it’s going to be impossible to social-distance any kind of rally.

They’re welcome here. I don’t suspect there’ll be much of an issue at that particular rally.

I suspect everything will be ok there, though.

I hope everything goes smoothly, but I’m much more worried about the Trump rally.
I know you are. 

We have reports around here of hot spots firing up again, so I dont get the need of a huge rally led by someone who purposely wants less health safeguards.  

I know you are. 

We have reports around here of hot spots firing up again, so I dont get the need of a huge rally led by someone who purposely wants less health safeguards.  
The need?

No need for many things going on now.

It’s happening (looks like) so may as well try to make it go as smoothly as possible.

President Donald Trump told a Washington Post reporter Wednesday that he’s not worried about the coronavirus anymore because it’s “dying out.”

State health officials said 259 more Oklahomans have tested positive for COVID-19 as Oklahoma’s case totals soar far above anything the state has seen so far,” said KOCO about the last 24 hours in the state.

REPORTER: Coronavirus cases are rising in 22 states, including Oklahoma, where you plan to hold a big rally this week. Aren't you worried about people getting sick?

TRUMP: No, because if you look, the numbers are very minuscule compared to what it was. It's dying out.

Mike Pence says Oklahoma’s COVID-19 cases have "dropped precipitously" and "in a very real sense they’ve flattened the curve" — 2 days after the state hit a record high in daily new cases.

Oklahoma reports 259 more coronavirus cases, yet another record increase. The 7-day average continues to outpace anything the state has seen before now.

Sounds like a good time to have  bunch of people in one place for a "Rally"  GL

This is really about mortality & hospitalization rates right now, not number of cases.

Obviously, it’s easily transmitted, but the mortality rate is low enough that the biggest concern is protecting compromised people.

My advice is if you’re compromised in ANY way, please don’t go.

This is really about mortality & hospitalization rates right now, not number of cases.

Obviously, it’s easily transmitted, but the mortality rate is low enough that the biggest concern is protecting compromised people.

My advice is if you’re compromised in ANY way, please don’t go.
Where it is gets tough is it's not just if you are vulnerable, it's you, everyone you come in contact with and everyone those people come in contact with.   

Where it is gets tough is it's not just if you are vulnerable, it's you, everyone you come in contact with and everyone those people come in contact with.   
Oh, I certainly understand all the implications.

Tons of reports I’m seeing nationwide of people not wearing masks.

I mean, it is what it is. Definitely wear one if you feel inclined. And I suspect the incidence of mask-wearing will be much higher at the rally than what I’m seeing in the wild.

Users who are viewing this thread