Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Marmalade

Trump coming to Tulsa.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

The legendary FFA dawn/don thread

If you’re going to spend a lot of time here you should learn the history of this place.

And while we've activated the language police, how do people feel about the phrase out in public?

Unless one is referring to their sexual orientation, seems a little redundant to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigbottom said:

The Call?  I think that may be Timschochet you’re thinking of.That said, I do love Michael Hedges, a new age guitarist who was raised in OK.

 

No,, The Flaming Lips album Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots.  Sorry, must have been someone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

No,, The Flaming Lips album Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots.  Sorry, must have been someone else.

Yeah, not really a fan. Color Me Badd on the other hand (yes, they’re from Oklahoma).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this guy might have to drive now

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are so afraid of telling Donald Trump "No, not a good idea" that they are literally going to pack an arena full of 19K people, not wear masks, and cheer. Unbelievable. 

Spare me "but the protesters though!". Let's concede that was dumb behavior for a moment.

The President, who should know better, is doing this. Odds are pretty good that people will get infected at the rally, and some may die.

People generally trust the President (why they trust this specific President I don't know). So those people figure "hey if the President is having a rally it must be all good!"

It's not all good. Be smarter than this. Good golly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joffer said:

this guy might have to drive now

from the comments: Freedumb Fighter

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People gathering up and going to camp out in line already tonight. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1273416529758113793

Gray Television’s Jacqueline Policastro:

Cases are rising in 22 states including OK, site of your rally; aren’t you worried about people getting sick?

Donald Trump:

“No, because if you look, the numbers are very minuscule compared to what it was. It’s dying out. “

 

 :(  "dying out" (?) Perhaps not the best choice of words...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, squistion said:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1273416529758113793

Gray Television’s Jacqueline Policastro:

Cases are rising in 22 states including OK, site of your rally; aren’t you worried about people getting sick?

Donald Trump:

“No, because if you look, the numbers are very minuscule compared to what it was. It’s dying out. “

 

 :(  "dying out" (?) Perhaps not the best choice of words...

Everyone but you knows exactly what he meant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumors of protesters being bused in to the rally, Trump bringing 250 national guard with him. :popcorn:

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, squistion said:

Gray Television’s Jacqueline Policastro:

Cases are rising in 22 states including OK, site of your rally; aren’t you worried about people getting sick?

This is funny right here. Never was this question asked to Kamala, Warren, De Blasio, Whitmer, Pritzker or any other Democrat preening politician marching with a mob of people this last 2 weeks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

This is funny right here. Never was this question asked to Kamala, Warren, De Blasio, Whitmer, Pritzker or any other Democrat preening politician marching with a mob of people this last 2 weeks.

 

Or Al Sharpton's rally that is scheduled for the day just prior to Trumps. Normal people see the hypocrisy.  

 

Edited by tonydead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Or Al Sharpton's rally that is scheduled for the day just prior to Trumps. Normal people see the hypocrisy.  

 

Where?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Grace Under Pressure said:

People are so afraid of telling Donald Trump "No, not a good idea" that they are literally going to pack an arena full of 19K people, not wear masks, and cheer. Unbelievable. 

Spare me "but the protesters though!". Let's concede that was dumb behavior for a moment.

The President, who should know better, is doing this. Odds are pretty good that people will get infected at the rally, and some may die.

People generally trust the President (why they trust this specific President I don't know). So those people figure "hey if the President is having a rally it must be all good!"

It's not all good. Be smarter than this. Good golly.

No doubt.

1 hour ago, Widbil83 said:

This is funny right here. Never was this question asked to Kamala, Warren, De Blasio, Whitmer, Pritzker or any other Democrat preening politician marching with a mob of people this last 2 weeks.

 

 Yes, this applies to all huge groups.  For sure shouldn't be a left/right issue.  You either believe it's a concern or you don't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sharpton can do Juneteenth. Haha. I hadn’t heard of the event until just now.

Well, welcome to Tulsa. We like peaceful rallies.

Any comments by those railing Trump?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

Sharpton can do Juneteenth. Haha. I hadn’t heard of the event until just now.

Well, welcome to Tulsa. We like peaceful rallies.

Any comments by those railing Trump?

Are there specific comments you are expecting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KarmaPolice said:

Are there specific comments you are expecting?

Not specifically, no.

Is it not a good question? Thought somebody might have a thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My son is hearing Trump is coming in with a much larger contingent than normal. Probably more security. He’s heard some rumors, but nothing concrete. 
 

I just hope everything goes smoothly & we get out of this thing quietly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

My son is hearing Trump is coming in with a much larger contingent than normal. Probably more security. He’s heard some rumors, but nothing concrete. 
 

I just hope everything goes smoothly & we get out of this thing quietly.

Is that extra security, or extra people to help him get up and down stairs and ramps? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KarmaPolice said:

Is that extra security, or extra people to help him get up and down stairs and ramps? ;)

Haha.

No idea, but it doesn’t look like he does ramps well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Widbil83 said:

This is funny right here. Never was this question asked to Kamala, Warren, De Blasio, Whitmer, Pritzker or any other Democrat preening politician marching with a mob of people this last 2 weeks.

 

Not true at all.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So I do suspect there could be some issues from what it sounds like. Can’t 100% confirm, but evidently, there’s already been some arrests. Not sure if it was TPD or feds who made the arrests & no details.

How nefarious are these clowns? I don’t know.

Edited by Football Jones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Football Jones said:

Haha.

No idea, but it doesn’t look like he does ramps well.

Trump 2020: the best at ramps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Football Jones said:

Sharpton can do Juneteenth. Haha. I hadn’t heard of the event until just now.

Well, welcome to Tulsa. We like peaceful rallies.

Any comments by those railing Trump?

https://www.tulsaworld.com/entertainment/the-rev-al-sharpton-to-headline-tulsa-juneteenth-event-organizers-say/article_933f841d-ef95-50e3-b3ac-c2ece54a3c9f.html

Yeah, despite being outdoors, this sounds like a really bad idea. And no mention in the article of any precautions (mask requirements, social distancing, temperature checks) being taken. 

Oddly, though, I found the web page for the event, and it says that the event has been postponed to 2021 due to COVID-19. But the news reports as recently as yesterday say the event is a go.

Tulsa Juneteenth

Edited by bigbottom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

https://www.tulsaworld.com/entertainment/the-rev-al-sharpton-to-headline-tulsa-juneteenth-event-organizers-say/article_933f841d-ef95-50e3-b3ac-c2ece54a3c9f.html

Yeah, despite being outdoors, this sounds like a really bad idea. And no mention in the article of any precautions (mask requirements, social distancing, temperature checks) being taken. 

Oddly, though, I found the web page for the event, and it says that the event has been postponed to 2021 due to COVID-19. But the news reports as recently as yesterday say the event is a go.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/entertainment/the-rev-al-sharpton-to-headline-tulsa-juneteenth-event-organizers-say/article_933f841d-ef95-50e3-b3ac-c2ece54a3c9f.html

I think it’s going to be impossible to social-distance any kind of rally.

They’re welcome here. I don’t suspect there’ll be much of an issue at that particular rally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

I think it’s going to be impossible to social-distance any kind of rally.

They’re welcome here. I don’t suspect there’ll be much of an issue at that particular rally.

Other than the potential health effects. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

Trump 2020: the best at ramps!

It was a perfect ramp.

The best ramp in the world. 

Edited by Football Jones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bigbottom said:

Other than the potential health effects. 

Well, I was speaking to violence, which obviously has the potential to be much worse than any potential virus fallout from one little rally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

It was a perfect ramp.

Best ramp in the world. 

Perhaps instead of debates we should race them down a ramp...probably get the best ratings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

Perhaps instead of debates we should race them down a ramp...probably get the best ratings. 

I’d pay to see it.

Trump - Let’s rock & roll, Sleepy Joe!!!

Biden - Am I the POTUS yet?

;)

Edited by Football Jones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

Well, I was speaking to violence, which obviously has the potential to be much worse than any potential virus fallout from one little rally.

:oldunsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KarmaPolice said:

:oldunsure:

I suspect everything will be ok there, though.

I hope everything goes smoothly, but I’m much more worried about the Trump rally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

I suspect everything will be ok there, though.

I hope everything goes smoothly, but I’m much more worried about the Trump rally.

I know you are. 

We have reports around here of hot spots firing up again, so I dont get the need of a huge rally led by someone who purposely wants less health safeguards.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KarmaPolice said:

I know you are. 

We have reports around here of hot spots firing up again, so I dont get the need of a huge rally led by someone who purposely wants less health safeguards.  

The need?

No need for many things going on now.

It’s happening (looks like) so may as well try to make it go as smoothly as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

Isn’t Trump rally going to check temps?

Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Juxtatarot said:

Yes

That’s good.

Wonder how many people it’ll catch? I imagine a fair number of them won’t have COVID, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

President Donald Trump told a Washington Post reporter Wednesday that he’s not worried about the coronavirus anymore because it’s “dying out.”

 

State health officials said 259 more Oklahomans have tested positive for COVID-19 as Oklahoma’s case totals soar far above anything the state has seen so far,” said KOCO about the last 24 hours in the state.

 

REPORTER: Coronavirus cases are rising in 22 states, including Oklahoma, where you plan to hold a big rally this week. Aren't you worried about people getting sick?

TRUMP: No, because if you look, the numbers are very minuscule compared to what it was. It's dying out.

 

Mike Pence says Oklahoma’s COVID-19 cases have "dropped precipitously" and "in a very real sense they’ve flattened the curve" — 2 days after the state hit a record high in daily new cases.

 

Oklahoma reports 259 more coronavirus cases, yet another record increase. The 7-day average continues to outpace anything the state has seen before now.

 

 

 

 

Sounds like a good time to have  bunch of people in one place for a "Rally"  GL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This is really about mortality & hospitalization rates right now, not number of cases.

Obviously, it’s easily transmitted, but the mortality rate is low enough that the biggest concern is protecting compromised people.

My advice is if you’re compromised in ANY way, please don’t go.

Edited by Football Jones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Football Jones said:

My advice is if you’re compromised in ANY way, please don’t go.

Even the mentally? Attendance will really be down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joe Mammy said:

Even the mentally? Attendance will really be down.

I’m betting it’ll be at capacity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

This is really about mortality & hospitalization rates right now, not number of cases.

Obviously, it’s easily transmitted, but the mortality rate is low enough that the biggest concern is protecting compromised people.

My advice is if you’re compromised in ANY way, please don’t go.

Where it is gets tough is it's not just if you are vulnerable, it's you, everyone you come in contact with and everyone those people come in contact with.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Juxtatarot said:

Where it is gets tough is it's not just if you are vulnerable, it's you, everyone you come in contact with and everyone those people come in contact with.   

Oh, I certainly understand all the implications.

Tons of reports I’m seeing nationwide of people not wearing masks.

I mean, it is what it is. Definitely wear one if you feel inclined. And I suspect the incidence of mask-wearing will be much higher at the rally than what I’m seeing in the wild.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.