Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Marmalade

Trump coming to Tulsa.

Tulsa's Republican mayor is skipping Trump's rally in Tulsa this weekend.

"As someone who is cautious by nature, I don't like to be the first to try anything. I would have loved some other city to have proven the safety of such an event already."

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-06-17/dont-ask-tulsas-mayor-about-trump-rally-plans

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, squistion said:

Tulsa's Republican mayor is skipping Trump's rally in Tulsa this weekend.

"As someone who is cautious by nature, I don't like to be the first to try anything. I would have loved some other city to have proven the safety of such an event already."

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-06-17/dont-ask-tulsas-mayor-about-trump-rally-plans

The event isn't safe. What he meant to say is that he would have loved for some other city to hold the unsafe event.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Football Jones said:

I’d pay to see it.

Trump - Let’s rock & roll, Sleepy Joe!!!

Biden - Am I the POTUS yet?

;)

Trump might beat him in ramp racing, we haven’t seen Joe do that event in awhile, but Biden has to be the favorite in water drinking. It’s a push in “staying on topic.” The whole election might come down to the tiebreaker, “who can stay up past 6pm.”

3 hours ago, Grace Under Pressure said:

The event isn't safe. What he meant to say is that he would have loved for some other city to hold the unsafe event.

Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

This is a choice. And for God’s sake, stay away if you’re compromised. Wear a mask at all times & don’t go out unless absolutely necessary if you have health issues.

10 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

This is a choice. And for God’s sake, stay away if you’re compromised. Wear a mask at all times & don’t go out unless absolutely necessary if you have health issues.

Or if you are over the age of 65.

3 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

Trump might beat him in ramp racing, we haven’t seen Joe do that event in awhile, but Biden has to be the favorite in water drinking. It’s a push in “staying on topic.” The whole election might come down to the tiebreaker, “who can stay up past 6pm.”

When are the debates usually?

Posted (edited)

This is MUST SEE TV. The local Fox, Fox23, is providing all day streaming coverage. 

Pissed it's not tomorrow tho, got other stuff to do on Saturday.  

Edited by tonydead
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, tonydead said:

This is MUST SEE TV. The local Fox, Fox23, is providing all day streaming coverage. 

How is this going to be any different than any other Trump speech/rally? 

So no adults have stepped in yet to stop this madness? It’s downright dangerous and patently absurd to gather 19,000 people into an arena in the middle of the deadliest pandemic of anyone’s lifetime. Really unbelievable and frankly stupid. It’s going to take someone like a county health administrator to stop the actual POTUS from creating a public health hazard.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

How is this going to be any different than any other Trump speech/rally? 

EDIT

Wrong quote...

Edited by Football Jones

5 minutes ago, Grace Under Pressure said:

So no adults have stepped in yet to stop this madness? It’s downright dangerous and patently absurd to gather 19,000 people into an arena in the middle of the deadliest pandemic of anyone’s lifetime. Really unbelievable and frankly stupid. It’s going to take someone like a county health administrator to stop the actual POTUS from creating a public health hazard.

The problem is, like somebody posted in this PSF today, they have a too easy scapegoat in the BLM protests that the Donald can blame instead if there are flare ups.  

15 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Sweet. Didn’t know 23 was carrying it.

• Like 1

Come on, guys. This is just a drop in the bucket to the mass protests across the nation. There was no railing on those.

Let’s be consistent.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

The problem is, like somebody posted in this PSF today, they have a too easy scapegoat in the BLM protests that the Donald can blame instead if there are flare ups.  

So when scores of MAGA rally attendees hit the hospitals in two weeks it’ll be because of BLM protests? I get where that’s coming from, but I don’t think it adds up.

1 minute ago, Football Jones said:

Come on, guys. This is just a drop in the bucket to the mass protests across the nation. There was no railing on those.

Let’s be consistent.

good.  you received your talking points.  we’re ready!

• Like 3

Just now, Grace Under Pressure said:

So when scores of MAGA rally attendees hit the hospitals in two weeks it’ll be because of BLM protests? I get where that’s coming from, but I don’t think it adds up.

Tulsa is an Antifa satellite campus.  Didn’t you know?

1 minute ago, joffer said:

good.  you received your talking points.  we’re ready!

I have no idea what you’re talking about.

You ok? 

LOL

• Like 1

The mass protests were inside arenas? 

Besides, this is the Trump rally in Tulsa oof thread. Plenty of other threads to make false equivalencies about the protests.

”But the protests though!” That’s how kids argue. Separate the issues. The POTUS is gathering 19K people in an indoor arena in the middle of a pandemic. That’s dangerous. 

2 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

Any libs gonna watch it?

If you know when and where the wrecks happen at the NASCAR race, you’d be there right?

• Laughing 2

1 minute ago, Grace Under Pressure said:

The mass protests were inside arenas? 

Besides, this is the Trump rally in Tulsa oof thread. Plenty of other threads to make false equivalencies about the protests.

”But the protests though!” That’s how kids argue. Separate the issues. The POTUS is gathering 19K people in an indoor arena in the middle of a pandemic. That’s dangerous. 

What are you going to do about it?

Just now, joffer said:

If you know when and where the wrecks happen at the NASCAR race, you’d be there right?

Haha.

Is that a yes?

4 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

Any libs gonna watch it?

Cliff notes: I’m great. Sleepy Joe, mock some people, I’m great, greatest economy in history. 

• Like 2

Just now, The General said:

Cliff notes: I’m great. Sleepy Joe, mock some people, I’m great, greatest economy in history. 

It was a perfect rally.

Best rally in the world.

1 minute ago, The General said:

will hire new SCOTUS judges on Monday!

• Laughing 1

Nothing. He's coming to your city to hold a rally in a state he will easily win. If you dont care he is potentially putting the citizens of your city at risk for a vanity rally, I guess I don't care either.  What to you have to lose?

2 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

If one person reads these threads and decides “you know what it’s probably not smart to go, it’s not safe” and one fewer person attends because of that then I will consider that a success. Because that’s what I can do, which admittedly isn’t much. 

There’s nothing you or I can do about it.

May as well enjoy it.

Actually I can’t listen to his voice without wanting to rip my ears off, but I’ll follow along on twitter.

1 minute ago, joffer said:

Actually I can’t listen to his voice without wanting to rip my ears off, but I’ll follow along on twitter.

Fair enough.

I get people vote for their team and all.

But listening to this dude ramble through a speech under normal conditions is one thing. 

Doing it in a packed basketball arena with a bunch of sweaty potential Covid carrying frothed up folks. That sounds not very good. 

Just now, The General said:

I get people vote for their team and all.

But listening to this dude ramble through a speech under normal conditions is one thing. 

Doing it in a packed basketball arena with a bunch of sweaty potential Covid carrying frothed up folks. That sounds not very good. 

It’ll be beautiful.

• Laughing 1

Just now, Football Jones said:

It’ll be beautiful.

Different strokes for different folks.

19 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

Let’s be consistent.

Hmmm. Let’s see. A social uproar sparked by a murder and 400+ yrs of mistreatment advocating for change or a prep rally to stroke someone’s massive ego.  Yeah those things need to be viewed equally so we can be “consistent”. Makes total sense. 

Just now, dkp993 said:

Hmmm. Let’s see. A social uproar sparked by a murder and 400+ yrs of mistreatment advocating for change or a prep rally to stroke someone’s massive ego.  Yeah those things need to be viewed equally so we can be “consistent”. Makes total sense. 

Haha.

You act like rallies were invented by Trump.

The misinformation about COVID that he will throw out will be staggering.

Just now, Football Jones said:

Haha.

You act like rallies were invented by Trump.

Nope.  But there is ZERO reason to hold one right now. Well except to stroke his ego of course, and we all know how important that is.