Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Marmalade

Trump coming to Tulsa.

Just now, dkp993 said:

Nope.  But there is ZERO reason to hold one right now. Well except to stroke his ego of course, and we all know how important that is.  

Tulsa saves the day.

8 minutes ago, The General said:

I get people vote for their team and all.

But listening to this dude ramble through a speech under normal conditions is one thing. 

Doing it in a packed basketball arena with a bunch of sweaty potential Covid carrying frothed up folks. That sounds not very good. 

One thing that's been observed is that air conditioning - especially on a large scale - is one of the most rampant spreaders of this virus.  Attending this thing is Russian Roulette.  

But, I know a large percentage of Oklahomans are stout believers in God so it is possible that many of these folks believe that prayer and god will protect them and if we're going to give protesters a pass for exercising their 1st amendment rights shouldn't we also respect those who are leaning on religious rights to gather? I dunno....I think it's a bad idea but I can see why folks feel they have a right to assemble.  

• Thinking 1

8 minutes ago, The General said:

The misinformation about COVID that he will throw out will be staggering.

Can't wait to hear the boooooos rain down when he mentions Fauci. 

3 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Can't wait to hear the boooooos rain down when he mentions Fauci. 

Fauci is about 2 months from a super clever nickname on Twitter. Little or Overrated are most likely candidates.

11 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

Tulsa saves the day.

Please I’d love to hear what makes this rally so important and exactly what it will save. 

8 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

Well, looks like we’re expecting trouble.

All QTs boarded up in downtown area

That’s terrible. So now we’re expecting trouble? Why would we do this now?

The country is already hurting and now we’re going to bring crowds of rally attendees and counter protesters to a small to medium sized city so the cops can get overwhelmed and property damage is expected?

What in the actual F is this guy doing? You want this happening in your city? I sure as heck wouldn’t. This is dangerous all the way around.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

One thing that's been observed is that air conditioning - especially on a large scale - is one of the most rampant spreaders of this virus.  Attending this thing is Russian Roulette.  

But, I know a large percentage of Oklahomans are stout believers in God so it is possible that many of these folks believe that prayer and god will protect them and if we're going to give protesters a pass for exercising their 1st amendment rights shouldn't we also respect those who are leaning on religious rights to gather? I dunno....I think it's a bad idea but I can see why folks feel they have a right to assemble.  

You do realize this virus gets its ### kicked by people the overwhelmingly vast majority of the time, right? This isn’t a zombie virus.

People can weigh the odds & make their decision...

Edited by Football Jones

1 minute ago, dkp993 said:

Please I’d love to hear what makes this rally so important and exactly what it will save. 

Trump’s ego needs serious attention. He has sacrificed these pep rallies for months.

1 minute ago, The General said:

Fauci is about 2 months from a super clever nickname on Twitter. Little or Overrated are most likely candidates.

Im betting on 1 month and he’s a loser and someone he gave a break too.  His followers will follow with deep state swamp.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

You do realize the virus regularly gets its ### kicked by the overwhelmingly vast majority of the time, right? This isn’t a zombie virus.

People can weigh the odds & make their decision...

120k people over the past 3ish months would disagree with you if they could.  

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

It’s important to people. Trump can still rally the troops nationwide.

120k people over the past 3ish months would disagree with you if they could.  

My point was if you’re healthy, go if you want to. 

Viruses kill people. It’s a sad fact of life.

Reports are that he’s been practicing drinking from a glass powerfully with one hand all week.

• Laughing 3

8 minutes ago, Grace Under Pressure said:

That’s terrible. So now we’re expecting trouble? Why would we do this now?

The country is already hurting and now we’re going to bring crowds of rally attendees and counter protesters to a small to medium sized city so the cops can get overwhelmed and property damage is expected?

What in the actual F is this guy doing? You want this happening in your city? I sure as heck wouldn’t. This is dangerous all the way around.

So Sharpton gets a peaceful rally & we can’t?

That’s bull####. Slippery slope letting some punks dictate things.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

It’s important to people. Trump can still rally the troops nationwide.

So that’s saving what and why is that important?

Dave Matthews Band can rally people nation wide, even fill stadiums.  Is that important?

50 minutes ago, Grace Under Pressure said:

So when scores of MAGA rally attendees hit the hospitals in two weeks it’ll be because of BLM protests? I get where that’s coming from, but I don’t think it adds up.

I am not saying that it will be accurate, I am saying that will be the spin that will be given from the top down if there are hot spots popping up in a couple weeks.  

JMO, obviously. 

2 minutes ago, The General said:

Reports are that he’s been practicing drinking from a glass powerfully with one hand all week.

always good to do prep work

Just now, dkp993 said:

So that’s saving what and why is that important?

Dave Matthews Band can rally people nation wide, even fill stadiums.  Is that important?

Calm down.

Saving the day was me attempting some levity. I don’t guess it worked.

48 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

Any libs gonna watch it?

I am 3rd party, but also can't stand this man, so that's a hard pass from me.   I will look at the cliff notes after the fact as usual though. 

• Like 1

Just now, KarmaPolice said:

I am 3rd party, but also can't stand this man, so that's a hard pass from me.   I will look at the cliff notes after the fact as usual though. 

You don’t know what you’re missing.

3 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

My point was if you’re healthy, go if you want to. 

Viruses kill people. It’s a sad fact of life.

Can you please point me to all these other virus‘ that have killed 120k people in the last 3 months?  And of course people can go if they want to. But if his ego wasn’t so important and in massive need of stroking he would see there is ABSOLUTELY ZERO need to do this right now.

• Like 1

Just now, dkp993 said:

Can you please point me to all these other virus‘ that have killed 120k people in the last 3 months?  And of course people can go if they want to. But if his ego wasn’t so important and in massive need of stroking he would see there is ABSOLUTELY ZERO need to do this right now.

I’m not sure what to tell you, barring you come up with a way to stop the rally.

33 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Hmmm. Let’s see. A social uproar sparked by a murder and 400+ yrs of mistreatment advocating for change or a prep rally to stroke someone’s massive ego.  Yeah those things need to be viewed equally so we can be “consistent”. Makes total sense. 

Exactly, plus I have been consisting in saying those protests should have people wearing masks too, so :shrug:

1 minute ago, Football Jones said:

Calm down.

Saving the day was me attempting some levity. I don’t guess it worked.

I’m perfectly calm, but thank you for worrying about me.  I’m touched.  

But back to my question, why is this so important that it must happen in the middle of the worse pandemic of our lifetimes?  

• Laughing 1

I’m not sure what to tell you, barring you come up with a way to stop the rally.

It’ll give you one hint on how to stop it.  Stop supporting it. If you and others did the same it wouldn’t happen.  

• Like 1

So let me ask you guys this...

Who in here will admit if this was Sharpton at BOK & Trump at Greenwood & Archer, there would be NO railing on Sharpton.

Come on...at least give me that much...

4 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

You don’t know what you’re missing.

I have seen a few speeches.  I 100% am sure I know exactly what I am missing.  

But anything to irritate the libs, right?

• Like 1

Just now, KarmaPolice said:

I have seen a few speeches.  I 100% am sure I know exactly what I am missing.  

But anything to irritate the libs, right?

Haha

2 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

Who in here will admit if this was Sharpton at BOK & Trump at Greenwood & Archer, there would be NO railing on Sharpton.

Right...

So this IS about politics & guys know it

10 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

I would hate every inch of it too.  

8 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

Haha

So you haven't posted multiple posts about your ideas and "oh, you guys wouldn't like us"?  It's not hard to read through the lines and realize a portion of what you like is just that - irritating the other side. 

9 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

Right...

So this IS about politics & guys know it

And again politics (especially in this instance) and social reform are not the same thing. Stop conflating the 2. 

16 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Exactly, plus I have been consisting in saying those protests should have people wearing masks too, so :shrug:

A large percentage were too. 

33 minutes ago, The General said:

Little Fauci Failure 

TM

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

I would hate every inch of it too.  

You’re not full lib (or Dem), right?

Anyway, I do appreciate the Dems/libs in here not being dishonest & say they would rail Sharpton.

This is an election with a lot at stake.

4 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

So you haven't posted multiple posts about your ideas and "oh, you guys wouldn't like us"?  It's not hard to read through the lines and realize a portion of what you like is just that - irritating the other side. 

Whoah, dude. Lots to unpack there.

I don’t have to try to irritate people.

My message irritates people. The other conservatives here same thing.

7 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

Whoah, dude. Lots to unpack there.

I don’t have to try to irritate people.

My message irritates people. The other conservatives here same thing.

Nah, not the message, just the delivery.   And again, your posts point to that being part of the gig for you  Not like you are being coy about it or anything.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

You’re not full lib (or Dem), right?

Anyway, I do appreciate the Dems/libs in here not being dishonest & say they would rail Sharpton.

This is an election with a lot at stake.

No I’m neither, but you didn’t ask libs. You said “you guys”

Every single election for POTUS has a lot at stake. This one no more then the last, or the one before, or the one before.....

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Nah, not the message, just the delivery.   And again, your posts point to that being part of the gig for you  Not like you are being coy about it or anything.  

Delivery? Haha. You’re getting into Sherlock territory there.

You guys (as a whole) need some self-reflection in that area for sure. You don’t get to be the only ones with a delivery.

Edited by Football Jones

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

No I’m neither, but you didn’t ask libs. You said “you guys”

Every single election for POTUS has a lot at stake. This one no more then the last, or the one before, or the one before.....

I’m not as experienced as many of you guys, but considering the times, I’d say it might be the biggest election in recent history.

Edited by Football Jones

I still want to know why there’s such a large lib demographic on a football site.

Wonder how the PF compares to the SP?

It’s funny to me to see how you guys view the few conservatives in here.

Like we’re here just to irritate people. It’s fascinating.

13 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

I’m not as experienced as many of you guys, but considering the times, I’d say it might be the biggest election in recent history.

Why?  What makes it different?  

Why?  What makes it different?  

The times? We’re in unprecedented times.

But again, I’m a newbie.

It’s funny to me to see how you guys view the few conservatives in here.

Like we’re here just to irritate people. It’s fascinating.

You think that, but it's more about not completing thoughts/threads, not looking at multiple links given to you about a topic, etc.   Like I have said before - you take a page out of the SC playbook.    

5 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

You think that, but it's more about not completing thoughts/threads, not looking at multiple links given to you about a topic, etc.   Like I have said before - you take a page out of the SC playbook.    

I don’t think you’ve been listening to me

From your end, it’s easy. From conservative end, not so much. I’ve got a dozen people telling me to look at stuff

It’s usually 10-1 in threads (or more). Anyway, judging from the posts, I’m getting my message across loud & clear