What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump coming to Tulsa. (2 Viewers)

Yeah, I think might now there are more left-leaning active posters in the political subforum than right-leaning posters.  Some of the formerly conservative posters have now evolved into more left-leaning posters.  Some of them have just stopped or seriously curtailed their posting.  But don't assume that all the anti-Trump rhetoric around here is coming from liberals.
:thanks:

Oklahoma Supreme Court rules to not enforce masks and social distancing and the rally can proceed as planned.  

Governor lifts curfew for the night of the rally. 

:thumbup:

I can’t believe this is going to happen. I really hope this isn’t our version of the 1918 parade in Philly but it sure feels like it. I hope and pray for everyone’s well being going to this thing. 

I can’t believe this is going to happen. I really hope this isn’t our version of the 1918 parade in Philly but it sure feels like it. I hope and pray for everyone’s well being going to this thing. 
I hadn’t heard of this so I looked it up. Yikes.

Exactly. This is a recipe for disaster and I am still stunned that any politician would schedule a rally in an enclosed arena in middle of a pandemic. 

Sorry Tulsa. Enjoy your last night without your downtown trashed out. Which will be blamed on BLM and rioters and looters of course. But there's only one reason why it's going down in Tulsa tomorrow night, and that's because Donald Trump had to hold an indoor rally during a pandemic and at a time when the nation needs healing. So he of course provides division and anger, and so there will be big problems there tomorrow, you can book it. Disgusting.

Sorry Tulsa. Enjoy your last night without your downtown trashed out. Which will be blamed on BLM and rioters and looters of course. But there's only one reason why it's going down in Tulsa tomorrow night, and that's because Donald Trump had to hold an indoor rally during a pandemic and at a time when the nation needs healing. So he of course provides division and anger, and so there will be big problems there tomorrow, you can book it. Disgusting.
Why arent the protesters staying home if it's so horrible?  Weird.  

Who else would we blame it on? 

So got an update...

The Secret Service recommended a curfew due to some intelligence yesterday. They’ve now rescinded their recommendation.

Wonder if they apprehended potential perpetrators?

Who else would we blame it on? 

OMG they are going to blame the looting and riots on the looters and rioters!   :lol: . You cant make this stuff up. 
Don't you know? It's always "BLM and looters and rioters" fault nowadays. Well, in this case, there's one reason why Tulsa is going to be a thing tomorrow, and here's a hint it's not because of "BLM and looters and rioters".

Stay safe people. It's going to be ugly.

Don't you know? It's always "BLM and looters and rioters" fault nowadays. Well, in this case, there's one reason why Tulsa is going to be a thing tomorrow, and here's a hint it's not because of "BLM and looters and rioters".

Duh, people who do the looting and rioting get blamed for it. :lmao: No one is forcing them. 

But Trump!  

I just got a call from George Soros. He’s offering free plane tickets to Tulsa and a place to stay. Bonus cash if you can prove you’re Antifa. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta tell ya, I was undecided going into this weekend. I was really leaning for Trump, since I am at heart a conservative. 

But the way he’s handling this rally is so irresponsible. I might have to go with Biden. It’s pushing me in that direction. 

I just got a call from George Soros. He’s offering feee plane tickets to Tulsa and a place to stay. Bonus cash if you can prove you’re Antifa. 
Yes, I forgot also "outsiders and Antifa". 

You don’t see your own blindness?
I see that Tulsa is going to be a big problem, and it will be Tulsa that suffers. And there's one reason why it's going to be Tulsa.

Duh, people who do the looting and rioting get blamed for it. :lmao: No one is forcing them. 

But Trump!  
Let's see how it goes down. What will be the reason for the chaos in Tulsa? Why will it be happening there and not Sioux City? 

I see that Tulsa is going to be a big problem, and it will be Tulsa that suffers. And there's one reason why it's going to be Tulsa.

Let's see how it goes down. What will be the reason for the chaos in Tulsa? Why will it be happening there and not Sioux City? 
Not quite sure what you're getting at...

"Protesters" just cant help themselves. Just like your posts: But Trump!  No responsibility for yourselves.  

"Protesters" just cant help themselves. Just like your posts: But Trump!  No responsibility for yourselves.  
and yet you support a guy who takes less responsibility for his actions than any political leader in the history of our country. It would be ironic if it wasn’t so pathetic. 

Exactly. This is a recipe for disaster and I am still stunned that any politician would schedule a rally in an enclosed arena in middle of a pandemic. 
Take your pick:

Stupid is as stupid does

Everything Trump touches dies.

Expecting rational behavior from an irrational man is irrational.

What's good for Donald Trump is bad for you

million dollar idea (or 100 million dollars) : put the rally on PPV and donate all proceeds to BLM

political pandering at its finest but it might actually do some good

I've been wondering who BLM donations go to.

Does BLM have an organization? If so, who runs it? They don't have a leader (or anyone leading, at least).

I'm asking because I have no idea about how their organization is structured.

In terms of health issues, there's never going to be some doomsday scenario that is traced back to rally goers.  Oklahoma generally and Tulsa specifically has already been spiking.  The numbers will likely continue to go up, and the cause will be largely unattributable to any specific event.  Could be the rally, could be the protests, could be people who just continue to go out in public to restaurants, bars, etc. without masks.

A good chunk of America in 2020 is pretty much the embodiment of a selfish young guy who refuses to use a condom. All about me and no awareness (or worse, concern) for the potential risks and burdens of others. The worst examples are the ones who brag about it.

This rally is a drop in the bucket compared to the protests. All we can do is police our own side. Otherwise, it's disingenuous. Your words mean absolutely nothing & fall on deaf ears. Be an example before you rail on the other side. Hypocrisy doesn't get to go unchecked. That's not how it works.

As we know from a question I raised last night (would you rail Sharpton if the roles were reversed & he was at BOK & Trump was at Greenwood & Archer), this is about POLITICS right now (for better or worse).

This rally is a drop in the bucket compared to the protests. All we can do is police our own side. Otherwise, it's disingenuous. You words mean absolutely nothing & fall on deaf ears. Be an example before you rail on the other side. Hypocrisy doesn't get to go unchecked. That's not how it works.

As we know from a question I raised last night (would you rail Sharpton if the roles were reversed & he was at BOK & Trump was at Greenwood & Archer), this is about POLITICS right now (for better or worse).
Nah, we can do better than that as a country.  

This rally is a drop in the bucket compared to the protests. All we can do is police our own side. Otherwise, it's disingenuous. Your words mean absolutely nothing & fall on deaf ears. Be an example before you rail on the other side. Hypocrisy doesn't get to go unchecked. That's not how it works.

You refer a lot to “our side” and “their side” in your writing. I think that kind of mindset is ultimately counterproductive. If I lived in Tulsa, I’d be willing to bet I’d have friends that were both going to the rally and protesting at the rally. Lord knows I have close friends here in Texas that span the political spectrum. There are so many things that can bind people together in friendship that we shouldn’t allow politics to force us into my side and your side. Hell, that goes for this message board as well. So much awesomeness has been shown to me from all corners of the the political spectrum.  It’s pretty awesome. I will be keeping Tulsa in my prayers - I hope people stay safe and act peaceably. 

You refer a lot to “our side” and “their side” in your writing. I think that kind of mindset is ultimately counterproductive. If I lived in Tulsa, I’d be willing to bet I’d have friends that were both going to the rally and protesting at the rally. Lord knows I have close friends here in Texas that span the political spectrum. There are so many things that can bind people together in friendship that we shouldn’t allow politics to force us into my side and your side. Hell, that goes for this message board as well. So much awesomeness has been shown to me from all corners of the the political spectrum.  It’s pretty awesome. I will be keeping Tulsa in my prayers - I hope people stay safe and act peaceably. 
It's easier to do that than write out Dems vs. Republicans, etc.

I think people know what I'm referring to, but I appreciate your concern for Tulsans (& MY hometown).

Thank you.

Everything would be just fine if the side with the looters and rioters just stayed home. They had their rally today, Trump even changed his schedule for them. Somehow I think they will still act like spoiled children. 

I know many on the left don't agree with my religion, but I'm getting on my face tomorrow morning & praying (I don't do that often).

I ask any like-minded individuals to do the same. It couldn't hurt.

Everything would be just fine if the side with the looters and rioters just stayed home. They had their rally today, Trump even changed his schedule for them. Somehow I think they will still act like spoiled children. 
You spend a helluva lot of time pointing out hypocrisy around here. Which is totally fine. Even admirable at times. This post makes it sound like you don't care for people that act like spoiled children. Yet you support perhaps the biggest exemplar of this behavior we've ever seen. That seems... like something you would point out if another poster with dissimilar political affiliations than yours were to engage in it.

You spend a helluva lot of time pointing out hypocrisy around here. Which is totally fine. Even admirable at times. This post makes it sound like you don't care for people that act like spoiled children. Yet you support perhaps the biggest exemplar of this behavior we've ever seen. That seems... like something you would point out if another poster with dissimilar political affiliations than yours were to engage in it.
By spoiled children I was using a nicer name for the looters and rioters than just dip ####s. 

And. 

:potkettle:

Users who are viewing this thread