Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Marmalade

Trump coming to Tulsa.

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Football Jones said:

Real quick, Biden is a devout Catholic, right? I don't know too much about Catholicism, but I believe abortion is a no-no. Furthermore, he's flip-flopped on it numerous times. He's back on the bandwagon now. Late-stage abortion is no doubt on the table. All-cause politics at its finest.

I need to dig into this further, but abortion is a liberal agenda & the worry is they don't know when to stop. Much like gender identity, they have no brakes. It's not good enough to let people identify how they want & leave it at that. They have to go to the extreme of allowing biological males to compete against biological females, essentially giving girls the shaft. There's your science. 

This forum allows us a political outlet & I appreciate it, but ALL topics should be on the table & get freely discussed (meaning, lib posters shouldn't try to dictate the narrative).

Actually abortion is a conservative agenda.   It is currently legal and one side wants to end that.  That is the agenda.

People have no problem freely discussing topics.  People have a problem with orgers making baseless claims, refusing to back up those claims, and being unwilling to answer questions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

Spare me all the things you think Trump has done. LMFAO

:beentheredonethat:

Yes, I can understand why you don’t want to come to terms the fact that your candidate ripped off a children’s cancer charity. I would be ashamed to support someone like that. Better to pretend that you don’t know about it. 

Edited by bigbottom
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Yeah you posted video of the live look-in yesterday and I posted one. It looked like an artists' street fair or farmers' market atmosphere. 

I think the Trumpists may have shot themselves in the elbow with the worry over the protesters and violence though, it likely kept people away. I think there some (really, truly nice) Trump folks in the Tulsa/Ok area who just stayed home or turned around.

Well, yeah. He's probably got 80/20 support in Tulsa.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bigbottom said:

Yes, I can understand why you don’t want to come to terms the fact that your candidate ripped off a children’s cancer charity. I would be ashamed to support someone like that. Better to pretend that you don’t know about it. 

Ok, man.

Go ahead & pursue it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bigbottom said:

Yes, I can understand why you don’t want to come to terms the fact that your candidate ripped off a children’s cancer charity. I would be ashamed to support someone like that. Better to pretend that you don’t know about it. 

Give him a break, he's new to politics. ;)

  • Like 5
  • Laughing 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Football Jones said:

Haha.

This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Trump is the one who made me aware of it.

Ugly, aint it?

That is the problem...Trump often likes to throw out false claims about opponents to stir up his base.  Its part of why i answered yes to you when you asked if Trump wanted chaos.  Hearing something from him at a rally means there is a great chance its BS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KarmaPolice said:

Give him a break, he's new to politics. ;)

Do you want to get Sherlocked?

NM, saw the wink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

You're going to have to impeach Trump to beat him.

Maybe you have something with that kid's charity thing...

He has been impeached, so Mission Acomplished?

Edited by kwille

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Football Jones said:

Ok, man.

Go ahead & pursue it...

Oh, I already know all about it. But since you’re new to politics, I thought you might want to look into it while you’re doing all your research. I can understand why you wouldn’t want to though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bigbottom said:

Oh, I already know all about it. But since you’re new to politics, I thought you might want to look into it while you’re doing all your research. I can understand why you wouldn’t want to though.

Yeah, I've got a million ####### things you guys want me to look at

;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Football Jones said:

Yeah, I've got a million ####### things you guys want me to look at

;)

Fair enough. I know there’s a really long list. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A problem that's come out of this is that by playing up the alleged, violent danger of the protesters, and the need for "law & order", that's actually going to have the opposite effect of keeping decent, normalish Trump supporters away from the rallies. So Trump really needs this theme but it also undercuts the one campaigning weapon they know they can reliably utilize.  It also turns even having the rally into a huge controversy for any city that might think of holding it. I'm not sure if even the Pensacolas and Battle Creeks will be unaffected by this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Football Jones said:

Well, Hillary is already toast for late-term abortion (even the Dems are admitting it). She's still a powerful influence so it's critical people know.

Hillary has been toast for several years now.  She is just a right wing  talking point now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

A problem that's come out of this is that by playing up the alleged, violent danger of the protesters, and the need for "law & order", that's actually going to have the opposite effect of keeping decent, normalish Trump supporters away from the rallies. So Trump really needs this theme but it also undercuts the one campaigning weapon they know they can reliably utilize.  It also turns even having the rally into a huge controversy for any city that might think of holding it. I'm not sure if even the Pensacolas and Battle Creeks will be unaffected by this.

Yeah, I’m sure there were a bunch of Trump supporters who declined to attend because of health concerns. And others who chose not to attend because of security/safety concerns. Totally understandable. Prior to 2020, I don’t doubt that Trump could have filled that arena. But we’re in a different time now. I think things will slowly get back to normal over time, but we’re clearly not there yet. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, timschochet said:

Having missed most of the speech last night I wasn’t aware of this tidbit: 

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/503756-trump-refers-to-coronavirus-as-kung-flu-during-tulsa-rally?amp=1&amp_recirculation=1

Earlier this year there were reports that administration officials used the term “Kung flu”. But then the White House vehemently denied it, angrily saying that it would NEVER subscribe to such a racist phrase (their words) and that the whole thing was fake news. And now Trump deliberately, casually throws out the phrase at his rally. 
 

I’m not sure my contempt for President Trump could be any lower than it is right now. 

Yes he said it.

- If you notice someone from the crowd shouts it out, so Trump just gives it to them. He's like a schlocky ex-sitcom comedian just doing bits that the audience shouts out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Football Jones said:

ABORTION

:buttrump:

Its a thread about Trump...why would Trump not be on the table to discuss?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Football Jones said:

Haha.

Man, you guys really don't want to discuss abortion, do you?

Not here, take it to the thread about abortion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tool said:

Not here, take it to the thread about abortion.

Well. seems clear for several pages...he didn't really want to discuss it either.  Not with any honesty.  A bunch of claims about puppets, Hillary, and no brakes.  But nothing actually about the topic of abortion.  All because Trump mentioned after birth abortions and a poster brought up Northam.  Thats it...that is where it came from.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

Speaking of Tulsa, nobody hurt

Law & order prevailed

It helps when nobody wants to waste their time and effort to show up to a failed rally.

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kal El said:

It helps when nobody wants to waste their time and effort to show up to a failed rally.

No...you don't get it...they were all being "responsible" when will you libs ever be happy about being smart about Corona.

Millions of ticket requests...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

No...you don't get it...they were all being "responsible" when will you libs ever be happy about being smart about Corona.

Millions of ticket requests...

While I am glad many chose to socially distance, however inadvertently it might have been, I feel as though they grossly overestimated Trump's drawing power. Granted, since he needs both hands to lift a glass, his artistry has likely suffered as well(wakka wakka).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Football Jones said:

ABORTION

:buttrump:

can't get pregnant from a butt rump.  

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Well. seems clear for several pages...he didn't really want to discuss it either.  Not with any honesty.  A bunch of claims about puppets, Hillary, and no brakes.  But nothing actually about the topic of abortion.  All because Trump mentioned after birth abortions and a poster brought up Northam.  Thats it...that is where it came from.

It's almost like it was all just trying to deflect and distract from the huge failure that Trump's self-indulgent rally in a non-competitive state was 🤔🤔🤔

  • Like 5
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Northern Voice said:

It's almost like it was all just trying to deflect and distract from the huge failure that Trump's self-indulgent rally in a non-competitive state was 🤔🤔🤔

Does appear to be a pattern of bring something up (whether it be conservatism, black conservatives, now abortion)...go on and on for pages without answering questions about it...then refuse to actually talk about it at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump came to Tulsa but Tulsa didn’t come to Trump. He got trolled by 15 year olds. What an embarrassment of a leader. 

  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greatest President Ever! He drank a glass of water with one hand and then threw the cup. He’s basically superhuman at this point. LOL

  • Laughing 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Greatest President Ever! He drank a glass of water with one hand and then threw the cup. He’s basically superhuman at this point. LOL

What are the odds that the glass didn't break when he "threw" it? I don't think it travelled more than 10 feet through the air, at least not when accounting for gravity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bigbottom said:

For what it’s worth, Trump, by his own admission, has flip-flopped on abortion. 

I am not sure he has flip flopped...I think he only said he is now  prolife because that was one most important singular avenues to get nominated and  elected by Republicans. Personally I don't think President Trump has any particular convictions that aren't self serving. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An aide to Tulsa Mayor G.T. Bynum resigned over the handling of Trump's campaign visit.

"A basic test for any decision is: 'Is anyone going to die because of this decision?' And, unfortunately, people are going to die for decisions people have made."

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/mayor-bynum-staffer-jack-graham-resigns-cites-handling-of-presidential-visit/article_26ba0b3e-2d3b-5996-b395-ec5dff7ecdb0.html

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Football Jones said:

In all seriousness, it needs looked into.

Don't worry, I probly won't get around to it for awhile, but shocked I'm getting this much pushback on it.

Makes me think something is up...

 

You’ve contributed nothing helpful at all in this thread. If you have an actual point or argument to make, make it and be prepared to back it up with some evidence of some sort. And no, saying “Google it” is not evidence. Making vague claims over and over again without being willing to provide evidence or discussion is the exact opposite of the type of discussion that should be taking place in this forum.

You’ve been advised that there is another large thread on this very topic on this forum and yet you refuse to engage there and continue your vague and pointless missives here. It’s clear you’re either an operative, a troll, or just plain lazy.

For everyone else, I highly advise just blocking this poster. Continuing to respond to this type of low effort duncery just pollutes the board. It doesn’t advance any conversation and isn’t going to cause anyone to think more deeply or change any minds. What we need now more than ever is good conversation to bridge gaps, humanize, and make people truly think and be introspective. 

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Does appear to be a pattern of bring something up (whether it be conservatism, black conservatives, now abortion)...go on and on for pages without answering questions about it...then refuse to actually talk about it at all.

People need to remember they can put users on ignore

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

S

1 minute ago, GroveDiesel said:

You’ve contributed nothing helpful at all in this thread. If you have an actual point or argument to make, make it and be prepared to back it up with some evidence of some sort. And no, saying “Google it” is not evidence. Making vague claims over and over again without being willing to provide evidence or discussion is the exact opposite of the type of discussion that should be taking place in this forum.

You’ve been advised that there is another large thread on this very topic on this forum and yet you refuse to engage there and continue your vague and pointless missives here. It’s clear you’re either an operative, a troll, or just plain lazy.

For everyone else, I highly advise just blocking this poster. Continuing to respond to this type of low effort duncery just pollutes the board. It doesn’t advance any conversation and isn’t going to cause anyone to think more deeply or change any minds. What we need now more than ever is good conversation to bridge gaps, humanize, and make people truly think and be introspective. 

Did you notice we were having some fun?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

People need to remember they can put users on ignore

I would actually welcome that.

It would filter out the people who don't want to talk sticky topics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yikes - I can see why @Football Jones wants to distract from the actual rally. What an embarrassment for Trump - 

 

Via @NicoleSganga: Tulsa’s Fire Marshall Office confirms to @CBSNews that “just under 6200” people attended last night’s rally. That does not include the suites in the arena or campaign staff but does include everyone sitting in the arena seats and the floor. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Football Jones said:

I'm really leaving this time, but I'll be here all week

Try the veal? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was warned about thin skin, but this is kind of crazy.

No problem, guys.

I understand it's a touchy subject. Maybe later...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Yikes - I can see why @Football Jones wants to distract from the actual rally. What an embarrassment for Trump - 

 

Via @NicoleSganga: Tulsa’s Fire Marshall Office confirms to @CBSNews that “just under 6200” people attended last night’s rally. That does not include the suites in the arena or campaign staff but does include everyone sitting in the arena seats and the floor. 

Trump must be fuming this morning. A two-thirds empty venue for his rally was easily his worst nightmare for last night. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Football Jones said:

I was warned about thin skin, but this is kind of crazy.

No problem, guys.

I understand it's a touchy subject. Maybe later...

Who has the thin skin...those who ask questions but get no answers?  Those that point you where to discuss something?

Or those who continue to refuse to answer anything...and keep telling people, oh we can talk about it later (on a number of topics now).

What is touchy?  Abortion?  How many times must it be said that there is an actual thread for that?  You know this by now...nobody is unwilling to talk about the subject at all.  People are unwilling to engage when others won't actually back up the claims they make or answer questions and just bring up vague assertions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Yikes - I can see why @Football Jones wants to distract from the actual rally. What an embarrassment for Trump - 

 

Via @NicoleSganga: Tulsa’s Fire Marshall Office confirms to @CBSNews that “just under 6200” people attended last night’s rally. That does not include the suites in the arena or campaign staff but does include everyone sitting in the arena seats and the floor. 

Add the suites and staff and the arena checks in around the current poll numbers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, lazyike said:

I am not sure he has flip flopped...I think he only said he is now  prolife because that was one most important singular avenues to get nominated and  elected by Republicans. Personally I don't think President Trump has any particular convictions that aren't self serving. 

Bingo. Politicians do this all the time.

Few are as comically obvious as Trump.

How he convinced the country Jesus crowd that he’s their guy is really something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

Trump must be fuming this morning. A two-thirds empty venue for his rally was easily his worst nightmare for last night. 

Can we please try to keep it positive here?  It was 1/3 full!

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"From a Trump campaign staffer: Joe Biden should have to report our rally costs to the FEC as a campaign contribution."

  • Love 1
  • Laughing 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, beef said:

Can we please try to keep it positive here?  It was 1/3 full!

And he revealed his genius new plan to end the pandemic: slow down the testing. Genius! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

P!nk comments about last nights debacle: “I sold out that arena in less than 5 minutes.” 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.