What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump coming to Tulsa. (3 Viewers)

Real quick, Biden is a devout Catholic, right? I don't know too much about Catholicism, but I believe abortion is a no-no. Furthermore, he's flip-flopped on it numerous times. He's back on the bandwagon now. Late-stage abortion is no doubt on the table. All-cause politics at its finest.

I need to dig into this further, but abortion is a liberal agenda & the worry is they don't know when to stop. Much like gender identity, they have no brakes. It's not good enough to let people identify how they want & leave it at that. They have to go to the extreme of allowing biological males to compete against biological females, essentially giving girls the shaft. There's your science. 

This forum allows us a political outlet & I appreciate it, but ALL topics should be on the table & get freely discussed (meaning, lib posters shouldn't try to dictate the narrative).
Actually abortion is a conservative agenda.   It is currently legal and one side wants to end that.  That is the agenda.

People have no problem freely discussing topics.  People have a problem with orgers making baseless claims, refusing to back up those claims, and being unwilling to answer questions.

Yeah you posted video of the live look-in yesterday and I posted one. It looked like an artists' street fair or farmers' market atmosphere. 

I think the Trumpists may have shot themselves in the elbow with the worry over the protesters and violence though, it likely kept people away. I think there some (really, truly nice) Trump folks in the Tulsa/Ok area who just stayed home or turned around.
Well, yeah. He's probably got 80/20 support in Tulsa.

Yes, I can understand why you don’t want to come to terms the fact that your candidate ripped off a children’s cancer charity. I would be ashamed to support someone like that. Better to pretend that you don’t know about it. 
Ok, man.

Go ahead & pursue it...

Haha.

This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Trump is the one who made me aware of it.

Ugly, aint it?
That is the problem...Trump often likes to throw out false claims about opponents to stir up his base.  Its part of why i answered yes to you when you asked if Trump wanted chaos.  Hearing something from him at a rally means there is a great chance its BS.

Oh, I already know all about it. But since you’re new to politics, I thought you might want to look into it while you’re doing all your research. I can understand why you wouldn’t want to though.
Yeah, I've got a million ####### things you guys want me to look at

;)

A problem that's come out of this is that by playing up the alleged, violent danger of the protesters, and the need for "law & order", that's actually going to have the opposite effect of keeping decent, normalish Trump supporters away from the rallies. So Trump really needs this theme but it also undercuts the one campaigning weapon they know they can reliably utilize.  It also turns even having the rally into a huge controversy for any city that might think of holding it. I'm not sure if even the Pensacolas and Battle Creeks will be unaffected by this.

A problem that's come out of this is that by playing up the alleged, violent danger of the protesters, and the need for "law & order", that's actually going to have the opposite effect of keeping decent, normalish Trump supporters away from the rallies. So Trump really needs this theme but it also undercuts the one campaigning weapon they know they can reliably utilize.  It also turns even having the rally into a huge controversy for any city that might think of holding it. I'm not sure if even the Pensacolas and Battle Creeks will be unaffected by this.
Yeah, I’m sure there were a bunch of Trump supporters who declined to attend because of health concerns. And others who chose not to attend because of security/safety concerns. Totally understandable. Prior to 2020, I don’t doubt that Trump could have filled that arena. But we’re in a different time now. I think things will slowly get back to normal over time, but we’re clearly not there yet. 

Having missed most of the speech last night I wasn’t aware of this tidbit: 

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/503756-trump-refers-to-coronavirus-as-kung-flu-during-tulsa-rally?amp=1&amp_recirculation=1

Earlier this year there were reports that administration officials used the term “Kung flu”. But then the White House vehemently denied it, angrily saying that it would NEVER subscribe to such a racist phrase (their words) and that the whole thing was fake news. And now Trump deliberately, casually throws out the phrase at his rally. 

I’m not sure my contempt for President Trump could be any lower than it is right now. 
Yes he said it.

- If you notice someone from the crowd shouts it out, so Trump just gives it to them. He's like a schlocky ex-sitcom comedian just doing bits that the audience shouts out.

Not here, take it to the thread about abortion.
Well. seems clear for several pages...he didn't really want to discuss it either.  Not with any honesty.  A bunch of claims about puppets, Hillary, and no brakes.  But nothing actually about the topic of abortion.  All because Trump mentioned after birth abortions and a poster brought up Northam.  Thats it...that is where it came from.

It helps when nobody wants to waste their time and effort to show up to a failed rally.
No...you don't get it...they were all being "responsible" when will you libs ever be happy about being smart about Corona.

Millions of ticket requests...

No...you don't get it...they were all being "responsible" when will you libs ever be happy about being smart about Corona.

Millions of ticket requests...
While I am glad many chose to socially distance, however inadvertently it might have been, I feel as though they grossly overestimated Trump's drawing power. Granted, since he needs both hands to lift a glass, his artistry has likely suffered as well(wakka wakka).

Well. seems clear for several pages...he didn't really want to discuss it either.  Not with any honesty.  A bunch of claims about puppets, Hillary, and no brakes.  But nothing actually about the topic of abortion.  All because Trump mentioned after birth abortions and a poster brought up Northam.  Thats it...that is where it came from.
It's almost like it was all just trying to deflect and distract from the huge failure that Trump's self-indulgent rally in a non-competitive state was 🤔🤔🤔

It's almost like it was all just trying to deflect and distract from the huge failure that Trump's self-indulgent rally in a non-competitive state was 🤔🤔🤔
Does appear to be a pattern of bring something up (whether it be conservatism, black conservatives, now abortion)...go on and on for pages without answering questions about it...then refuse to actually talk about it at all.

Greatest President Ever! He drank a glass of water with one hand and then threw the cup. He’s basically superhuman at this point. LOL
What are the odds that the glass didn't break when he "threw" it? I don't think it travelled more than 10 feet through the air, at least not when accounting for gravity.

In all seriousness, it needs looked into.

Don't worry, I probly won't get around to it for awhile, but shocked I'm getting this much pushback on it.

Makes me think something is up...
You’ve contributed nothing helpful at all in this thread. If you have an actual point or argument to make, make it and be prepared to back it up with some evidence of some sort. And no, saying “Google it” is not evidence. Making vague claims over and over again without being willing to provide evidence or discussion is the exact opposite of the type of discussion that should be taking place in this forum.

You’ve been advised that there is another large thread on this very topic on this forum and yet you refuse to engage there and continue your vague and pointless missives here. It’s clear you’re either an operative, a troll, or just plain lazy.

For everyone else, I highly advise just blocking this poster. Continuing to respond to this type of low effort duncery just pollutes the board. It doesn’t advance any conversation and isn’t going to cause anyone to think more deeply or change any minds. What we need now more than ever is good conversation to bridge gaps, humanize, and make people truly think and be introspective. 

S

You’ve contributed nothing helpful at all in this thread. If you have an actual point or argument to make, make it and be prepared to back it up with some evidence of some sort. And no, saying “Google it” is not evidence. Making vague claims over and over again without being willing to provide evidence or discussion is the exact opposite of the type of discussion that should be taking place in this forum.

You’ve been advised that there is another large thread on this very topic on this forum and yet you refuse to engage there and continue your vague and pointless missives here. It’s clear you’re either an operative, a troll, or just plain lazy.

For everyone else, I highly advise just blocking this poster. Continuing to respond to this type of low effort duncery just pollutes the board. It doesn’t advance any conversation and isn’t going to cause anyone to think more deeply or change any minds. What we need now more than ever is good conversation to bridge gaps, humanize, and make people truly think and be introspective. 
Did you notice we were having some fun?

Yikes - I can see why @Football Jones wants to distract from the actual rally. What an embarrassment for Trump - 

Via @NicoleSganga: Tulsa’s Fire Marshall Office confirms to @CBSNews that “just under 6200” people attended last night’s rally. That does not include the suites in the arena or campaign staff but does include everyone sitting in the arena seats and the floor. 

Yikes - I can see why @Football Jones wants to distract from the actual rally. What an embarrassment for Trump - 

Via @NicoleSganga: Tulsa’s Fire Marshall Office confirms to @CBSNews that “just under 6200” people attended last night’s rally. That does not include the suites in the arena or campaign staff but does include everyone sitting in the arena seats and the floor. 
Trump must be fuming this morning. A two-thirds empty venue for his rally was easily his worst nightmare for last night. 

I was warned about thin skin, but this is kind of crazy.

No problem, guys.

I understand it's a touchy subject. Maybe later...
Who has the thin skin...those who ask questions but get no answers?  Those that point you where to discuss something?

Or those who continue to refuse to answer anything...and keep telling people, oh we can talk about it later (on a number of topics now).

What is touchy?  Abortion?  How many times must it be said that there is an actual thread for that?  You know this by now...nobody is unwilling to talk about the subject at all.  People are unwilling to engage when others won't actually back up the claims they make or answer questions and just bring up vague assertions.

Add the suites and staff and the arena checks in around the current poll numbers.  

I am not sure he has flip flopped...I think he only said he is now  prolife because that was one most important singular avenues to get nominated and  elected by Republicans. Personally I don't think President Trump has any particular convictions that aren't self serving. 
Bingo. Politicians do this all the time.

Few are as comically obvious as Trump.

How he convinced the country Jesus crowd that he’s their guy is really something. 

Users who are viewing this thread