Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Marmalade

Trump coming to Tulsa.

18 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Via @NicoleSganga: Tulsa’s Fire Marshall Office confirms to @CBSNews that “just under 6200” people attended last night’s rally. That does not include the suites in the arena or campaign staff but does include everyone sitting in the arena seats and the floor. 

As funny as this is, that is still way too many people to be packed next to each other inside.

I'm still really shocked at the lack of turnout.  Perhaps there aren't as many hardcore supporters as I thought.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

On 6/18/2020 at 10:21 PM, The General said:

Reports are that he’s been practicing drinking from a glass powerfully with one hand all week.

Great call

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 6/18/2020 at 10:21 PM, The General said:

Reports are that he’s been practicing drinking from a glass powerfully with one hand all week.

Mandelbaum boys have been handling the training: "Annndd lift!"

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 6

4 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

I'm still really shocked at the lack of turnout.  Perhaps there aren't as many hardcore supporters as I thought.

I think it shows how shallow his support really is.  Given a reasonable alternative - avoid the Covid exposure, or avoid the possible conflicts outside - folks stayed away.  I expect we'll see a lot more of this over coming months.  After Trump loses in November, I also expect that the rush to get away from him will accelerate ...basically 'the emperor has no clothes' scenario.   

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, The General said:

Bingo. Politicians do this all the time.

Few are as comically obvious as Trump.

How he convinced the country Jesus crowd that he’s their guy is really something. 

Actually if he acts as though he is prolife many really don't care whether he actually is.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, timschochet said:

P!nk comments about last nights debacle: “I sold out that arena in less than 5 minutes.” 

Teenage girls probably bought all of those tickets also...

Edited by The Gator
  • Like 4
  • Laughing 6

9 hours ago, Yo Mama said:

No talk about how the k-pop army bought a bunch of the “million” tickets, causing the Trump team to inflate expectations and build all the overflow areas for the massive expected crowds?  That’s my favorite part of the night’s story.  (Sorry if I missed it discussed earlier)

Link

Who knew a bunch pf teenagers with phones would own the night?

• Like 3

BTW, gotta LMFAO at serious discussion in here. Haha.

For your sake, I won't mention abortion again until I get everything ready (which might be awhile).

We'll see if we can broach it then in the proper thread...

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

Just now, JamieMurphy said:

Who knew a bunch pf teenagers with phones would own the night?

They own everything. 

2 hours ago, Football Jones said:

Haha.

I knew somebody was keeping count. ;)

I was going to run to the store, but this is more fun.

Actually, start a new thread and discuss this if that's what you want to do. But everyone please discuss it and not just take low effort posting shots at each other. TIA. 

• Like 1

Just now, Joe Bryant said:

Actually, start a new thread and discuss this if that's what you want to do. But everyone please discuss it and not just take low effort posting shots at each other. TIA. 

My bad. Will do.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

My bad. Will do.

There’s already an abortion thread FYI.

Here. - there was a much older one, not sure where it went.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

This highlights my single biggest issue (maybe not most serious, but most common) with the entire Trump team: The constant lies

The Trump campaign claimed that they had a million tickets sold. 6,200 people showed up. Claiming that the media scared away 993,800 people is just absurd on its face.

Either they lied about the number of tickets sold or they’re lying about the legitimacy of those ticket sales now.

Blatant obvious stupid stuff like this is just maddening.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This is an unfortunate quote. I’m sure Trump is seething. 

“There was so much response, over a million ticket requests, that we decided that the BOK Center was just not big enough,” Trump campaign Communications Director Tim Murtaugh said on Friday. “We had to have more so that’s why we have the neighboring streets all blocked off. There’s going to be two stages. The president is going to speak in both locations.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/06/20/trump-cancels-second-tulsa-speech-due-to-low-turnout-blames-protesters-and-the-media/#3fbe87133b80

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

18 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Mandelbaum boys have been handling the training: "Annndd lift!"

Its go time!

• Laughing 1

I would say that after last nights performance that Trump is surely toast. 

The true question is who will be the next life raft candidate for the GOP to cling to? 

Lindsey? Mitt?

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

The Trump campaign should have had Toby Keith perform at the event. Oklahoma native and has lyrics like “we'll put a boot in your ###, it's the American way.”  They no doubt would have been able to give away more tickets that way.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Joe Mammy said:

I would say that after last nights performance that Trump is surely toast. 

The true question is who will be the next life raft candidate for the GOP to cling to? 

Lindsey? Mitt?

George Will on Bill Maher this week

He touches on this at the beginning of the interview. He’s calling to bounce guys like Lindsey and Mitchell. Purge the party.

Mittens is definitely running in 2024.

Not that George Will is going to change a rally attender’s mind but it can’t be denied he’s a true conservative who does speak to some in the older crowd that Biden is cleaning up with right now. 

Edited by The General
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sho nuff said:

Does appear to be a pattern of bring something up (whether it be conservatism, black conservatives, now abortion)...go on and on for pages without answering questions about it...then refuse to actually talk about it at all.

You could stop and actually answer questions yourself.  It's a choice

30 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

This highlights my single biggest issue (maybe not most serious, but most common) with the entire Trump team: The constant lies

The Trump campaign claimed that they had a million tickets sold. 6,200 people showed up. Claiming that the media scared away 993,800 people is just absurd on its face.

Either they lied about the number of tickets sold or they’re lying about the legitimacy of those ticket sales now.

There is definitely some personality disorder. One of my old mangers would constantly lie, and most of it was the most trivial stuff too

4 hours ago, Rich Conway said:

I'm becoming increasingly convinced there's a bot in this thread.  Fairly advanced AI, but the repetition of certain phrases (just recently, non-negotiable, rocket scientist) is a marker.

And it's programmed to respond to every post.

Every post, people.

Stop feeding it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

The pic linked in there (and the more complete video) of the president exiting the helicopter - tie undone, MAGA hat in hand, looking..defeated - is one that could have staying power.  My sense is the fall has now begun in earnest and will continue through November.  That pic symbolizes it well.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Biff84 said:

Because he’s not trolling. I don’t mean that to defend him but to point out that he’s one of the two Trump defenders that I think believe every word that they post. Most are posting just to stir liberal outrage. But this guy and the cat are true believers and represent his base.

definitely trolls.  a lot.  you can be a true believer and represent his base and troll.  obviously.

i will defend him by pointing out  it's also obvious that a lot of posters want to respond to trolling.  for some reason.

3 hours ago, Mile High said:
3 hours ago, Sammy3469 said:

Always satisfying when a conman gets conned. 

Erin Perrine, principal deputy communications director for the Trump campaign, told CNN, "Leftists do this all the time. They think if they sign up for tickets that will leave empty seats. Not the case at all. Always way more ticket requests than seats available at a rally. All they are doing is giving us access to their contact information."

Ooof.

• Laughing 1

So to sum up: Trump was able to fill only a third of a 19,000-seat arena in a state where he got 65 percent of the vote four years ago and was outsmarted by teens on smart phones and South Korean pop music fans, and the argument is he's going to cruise to a landslide victory in November?

• Like 9
  • Laughing 2
  • Thinking 1

10 hours ago, Yo Mama said:

No talk about how the k-pop army bought a bunch of the “million” tickets, causing the Trump team to inflate expectations and build all the overflow areas for the massive expected crowds?  That’s my favorite part of the night’s story.  (Sorry if I missed it discussed earlier)

Link

thanks for this.  funny, i had the thought that wouldn't it have been genius if the DNC  did this massive fake registration, but immediately thought, no , they're not that smart.

but k-pop army is..... that splains it.

• Like 1

Campaign mgr to the next GOP candidate, “you should dig on the K-pop sir.”

”The what?”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slapdash said:

As funny as this is, that is still way too many people to be packed next to each other inside.

The irony is that they had plenty of room to spread out. They could’ve done social distancing and everyone who wanted to get in could get in. I know if I had been there, those wide open spaces in the upper decks looked pretty good, everything being relative. 

15 minutes ago, phandango said:

So to sum up: Trump was able to fill only a third of a 19,000-seat arena in a state where he got 65 percent of the vote four years ago and was outsmarted by teens on smart phones and South Korean pop music fans, and the argument is he's going to cruise to a landslide victory in November?

Fake news! Biden is AOC’s puppet! It was a perfect call! No collusion! Drain the swamp! Respect the flag! Law and order! Build the wall!  Religious liberty! Make America great again!

• Like 1

A couple of years ago there was an article or a few articles about message board posting on reddit I think it was. The “new to politics, need to research things, have to go but just going to make one more point, but have come to the conclusion that libs are wrong on everything, etc”. This was circa 2016 and 2017 but the playbook was laid out.

”Heading out to the gym but I’ll continue my research since I’m just getting into politics now.  I did notice though that Hillary is into (insert lunacy here) so it will be interesting to see about Joe Biden whose son Hunter should be investigated too.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

I know people think the Lincoln Project "He's not a whiny #####" ads are cute.

That kind of trolling is exactly what we don't want here. Drop it. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, FBG Moderator said:

OK fair enough. It's a good ad though

• Like 1

The point was that Trump’s opponents have already rolled out 2 ads from the events last night, not the content itself. Sorry if it was taken otherwise.

• Thanks 1

ok, but now I REALLY have to go

So all joking aside: there were 6,000 people crowded together (although they could have easily been spaced apart), none of them wearing face masks, from all different parts of the country which they are returning to today. At least some of them are no doubt spreading COVID. 
The whole thing was stupid and criminal. They should cancel all further rallies. Dead serious here. 

19 minutes ago, FBG Moderator said:

I don't think the ad is cute. Would I be permitted to talk about it?

7 minutes ago, Roy L Fewks said:

I don't think the ad is cute. Would I be permitted to talk about it?

Please do it somewhere else. There's enough trolling as it is without dragging it down to the "He's not a whiny #####" level. Thanks. 

So, I wonder if this is a huge turning point. If the Republican party notices the anchor and realizes it's time to abandon ship before they go down with the boat. 

Given their self preservation interests, wouldn't surprise me in the least. 

4 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

So, I wonder if this is a huge turning point. If the Republican party notices the anchor and realizes it's time to abandon ship before they go down with the boat. 

I’ve thought the same thing about roughly 20 different incidents over the last 4 years yet the GOP doesn’t seem to care.

• Like 4

I'll be convinced when a Republican senator running for re-election distances himself from Trump and his polling goes up, not before. The base is making them stay in the boat.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

Nah, they're sticking with him until the end at this point. This is nothing compared to other Trump related incidents that his supporters have shrugged off.

23 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Just some perspective...

Nickleback sold out the BOK Center...twice.

Al Franken

6,200 people at Trump rally in Tulsa. Acts that had bigger crowds at the same venue in 2019:

- Sha Na Na
- The Pips (w/o Gladys Knight)
- Loverboy
- John Tesh 
- The West Virginia Touring Company of La Traviata

• Like 3
  • Laughing 4

1 minute ago, dozer said:

Al Franken

6,200 people at Trump rally in Tulsa. Acts that had bigger crowds at the same venue in 2019:

- Sha Na Na
- Loverboy
- John Tesh 

That list just gets better with each name.

11 minutes ago, dozer said:

Al Franken

- Sha Na Na
- Loverboy
- John Tesh 

Interesting they could draw that big a crowd without Gladys Knight and I think at least half of the original Pips are no longer with us. 

22 minutes ago, dozer said:

Al Franken

- Sha Na Na
- Loverboy
- John Tesh 

You have not lived til you have experienced John Tesh soloing his ### off on a Dual Manual Yamaha 4800 Keyboard. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 5