What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump coming to Tulsa. (4 Viewers)

I appreciate all the input in this thread since it concerns Tulsa, but personally, I'm done with the mask issue. I've gone over it plenty.

All I'll say is there's a whole bunch of smart folks (who are good people) not wearing masks. Like I said, there could be a lot of reasons you may or may not wear one.

timschochet said:
I think it makes a lot more sense for you to trust your feelings, anecdotes, and political inclinations rather than public health experts. 
This is the only way anyone on the Trump side can function. 

Don't listen to the media, don't listen to the left, don't listen to experts, don't listen to educators, don't listen to scientists, don't listen to to other Republicans. 

https://vm.tiktok.com/J1VsnUh/

I take that back, one more thing about masks I was going to post earlier & forgot...

There's some interesting back & forth on FB around here about a lot of things. Anyway, evidently, there's some people being caught not wearing masks who were "outraged" about other people not wearing them. Haha. It's one thing to say, 'I'm not sure about masks, maybe people should wear them', etc., but if you start railing on people about not wearing one, your ### better be wearing one. End of story.

I'm finding out there's WAY too many agendas in politics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last I'll comment on masks, but I don't think anyone is saying they don't help at all (like zero). 

Again, we all make decisions based on the data we believe in, along with many other factors. It is what it is.

BTW, the narrative absolutely did change because I started asking around. Nearly everyone said the same thing. I have a feeling I know why it changed, but it doesn't matter. At this point, it really doesn't.
That’s not how it works. People don’t get to choose the data they “believe in”. This sounds a lot like “alternative facts” which doesn’t make any sense at all. 

Data is data - nothing more, nothing less. Of course, people may interpret data in different ways but the underlying data doesn’t change. 

That’s not how it works. People don’t get to choose the data they “believe in”. This sounds a lot like “alternative facts” which doesn’t make any sense at all. 

Data is data - nothing more, nothing less. Of course, people may interpret data in different ways but the underlying data doesn’t change. 
Not going into masks, but there's a lot of data out there. One study will say one thing & another says essentially the direct opposite (about many things). Narratives change depending on wind direction (I'm finding out).

The key phrase is 'data you believe in'.

If its respect your desire

you should probably take a knee while wearing that mask
And wash your feet & apologize for being Caucasian upon demand.

BTW, I was rolling about some comments on FB in regards to the Seattle thing & the chance another faction of CHAZ will try Tulsa or OKC.

Good stuff. Haha.

Look, some of you believe in a round Earth and that’s fine. I choose to believe the Earth is flat, and that’s based on data I choose to accept. I respect your beliefs, why can’t you respect mine? Everyone is entitled to choose their own facts and all I ask is that we respect everybody’s point of view as equal, and stop making judgments. 

Look, some of you believe in a round Earth and that’s fine. I choose to believe the Earth is flat, and that’s based on data I choose to accept. I respect your beliefs, why can’t you respect mine? Everyone is entitled to choose their own facts and all I ask is that we respect everybody’s point of view as equal, and stop making judgments. 
Not too good of an analogy, IMO, but yes, I very much respect your opinion in regards to the mask issue, as well.

I wish more people had our point of view.

Tulsa World is the paper in Tulsa but who reads the paper anymore?   Most people like elsewhere in the US who love Trump watch Fox to get all their information.   My facebook feed is regurgitated information from Fox news daily.   Trump could shoot someone in the face at the BOK Center and the people who are voting for him are still going to vote for him. 

Biden

36%

55%

TrumpTrump +19

Tulsa World is the paper in Tulsa but who reads the paper anymore?   Most people like elsewhere in the US who love Trump watch Fox to get all their information.   My facebook feed is regurgitated information from Fox news daily.   Trump could shoot someone in the face at the BOK Center and the people who are voting for him are still going to vote for him. 

Biden

36%

55%

TrumpTrump +19
Do you think Trump would get away with it?

He would if he was being faced with deadly force.

That, I can promise you.

Is that like how you support Roman Polanski?

Daniel Dale @ddale8 1h

"They have a new, a pretty new, magnificent arena," Trump said of Tulsa's 12-year-old BOK Center.

Trump said he thinks they're also going to use Tulsa's convention center, near the arena, to hold 40,000 additional people.

"We've never had an empty seat," said Trump, who has had empty seats at multiple events.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1272625754438762497

:(   They are going to use another enclosed area holding 40,000 additional people? 

The campaign is data mining.

Obviously 20,000 people can fit into BOK IIRC. They passed capacity a long, long time ago. Applicants have to confirm by text from phone, obviously the campaign is just dragging in data at this point and it's for a vast reservoir of potential voters. That's almost the primary point.

Obviously 20,000 people can fit into BOK IIRC. They passed capacity a long, long time ago. Applicants have to confirm by text from phone, obviously the campaign is just dragging in data at this point and it's for a vast reservoir of potential voters. That's almost the primary point.
Is that not common with a Dem rally?

Is that not common with a Dem rally?
It's a fair and good question and I have no idea (I don't do rallies of either party and I don't register for stuff through my phone), but I'd be pretty, pretty surprised if any R or D campaign is just hauling in data - per Parscale - from a million people on the premise they might attend an event that 99+% won't and can't.

Yup. The sign-up for this has less fields to enter than applying for Blimpie's reward card :lol:

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Gundy seems like a good dude from all accounts. Hope Riley isn't caught wearing a Fox t-shirt, LOL.

Hopefully, some players come out in support of Gundy, but white player's voices are being checked right now. Any black player who wants to Tweet & the like can do so unchecked. Hopefully, some white players do it, anyway. And black players will be called Uncle Tom if they support Gundy. We'll see what happens.

Nobody should be ostracized this way. Unless Gundy has been caught doing something bad, it's just another case of overreach. These are the horse#### times we live in.

I had my head SO far buried in the sand as little as 8-10 months ago. It's about time I woke up & smelled the coffee.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Gundy seems like a good dude from all accounts. Hope Riley isn't caught wearing a Fox t-shirt, LOL.

Hopefully, some players come out in support of Gundy, but white player's voices are being checked right now. Any black player who wants to Tweet & the like can do so unchecked. Hopefully, some white players do it, anyway. And black players will be called Uncle Tom if they support Gundy. We'll see what happens.

Nobody should be ostracized this way. Unless Gundy has been caught doing something bad, it's just another case of overreach. These are the horse#### times we live in.

I had my head SO far buried in the sand as little as 8-10 months ago. It's about time I woke up & smelled the coffee.
I’m sure OAN will run interviews 24x7 with any white players who want to speak out.

So Gundy actually commented (randomly) on the station, long before the Floyd thing (I think). He said he found it due to COVID-19.

Yes, I know the Dems & BLM believe we're all racists. Keep digging, LOL. Keep plugging away. Haha.

This is all so cringe. It's like watching a wreck you know is going to happen, but are powerless to prevent.

So Gundy actually randomly commented on the station, long before the Floyd thing (I think). He said he found it due to COVID-19.

Yes, I know the Dems & BLM believe we're all racists. Keep digging, LOL.

This is all so cringe. It's like watching a wreck you know is going to happen, but are powerless to prevent.
I mean, I’ve known you were trolling the whole time but you decided to out yourself spectacularly.  I know - it’s just your opinion and you are entitled to it.

I mean, I’ve known you were trolling the whole time but you decided to out yourself spectacularly.  I know - it’s just your opinion and you are entitled to it.
I've never heard of OAN. Gundy explained his reasoning. I do listen to Fox, though.

Anyway, I'm sure you have it figured out, Sherlock. I see you, LOL. 

Haha.

That’s not really explaining it. That network is like bottom of the barrel trolling stuff.

One of his players said he needs to explain this to him or he’s not playing for him. 

Whats wrong with this?
Nothing, really. I think Gundy gave an explanation. I'm not sure it was after Hubbard's remarks, though.

You believe it's trolling, but there's a bunch of black conservatives who believe BLM is a joke. It is what it is. 

I'm not promoting OAN, but on the surface, this sounds like the kind of horse#### that's going to further divide our country.

Mike Gundy, you must fall in line. Haha.

They trashed him before even talking to him sounds like.

Well, guess what? That's bull####. And everyone knows it.

Nothing, really. I think Gundy gave an explanation. I'm not sure it was after Hubbard's remarks, though.

You believe it's trolling, but there's a bunch of black conservatives who believe BLM is a joke. It is what it is. 

I'm not promoting OAN, but on this surface, this sounds like the kind of horse#### that's going to further divide our country.
Just read an ESPN story.

Frankly I don’t give a #### about Gundy or OSU football to spend any more time doing it but he said he was watching OAN because they were reporting news without commentary. That’s laughably stupid.

One of the kids on his team called him out. They met and it sounds like it’s all good.

No idea why this is would be dividing the country further. 

Just read an ESPN story.

Frankly I don’t give a #### about Gundy or OSU football to spend any more time doing it but he said he was watching OAN because they were reporting news without commentary. That’s laughably stupid.

One of the kids on his team called him out. They met and it sounds like it’s all good.

No idea why this is would be dividing the country further. 
It may not, which is why I said I want to see where this goes.

That said, on the surface, & with the comments so far, it's going exactly how I feared it would.

Unchecked horse####.

It may not, which is why I said I want to see where this goes.

That said, on the surface, & with the comments so far, it's going exactly how I feared it would.

Unchecked horse####.
What is unchecked here?

The player who had the issues met with Gundy and they said it’s all good.

What is unchecked here?

The player who had the issues met with Gundy and they said it’s all good.
My point was the protestors are the only unchecked voices.

How do you think many white & black players alike feel about Gundy (by all accounts a good dude, or at least before this)? Think they'll come out in support in this climate & maybe say, 'wait a minute, let's not trash the guy because of a t-shirt, especially before we talk to him.'

Kinda doubt it, but it's possible. I certainly hope we at least get some common sense involved.

:keeponadiggin:

My point was the protestors are the only unchecked voices.

How do you think many white & black players alike feel about Gundy (by all accounts a good dude, or at least before this)? Think they'll come out in support in this climate & maybe say, 'wait a minute, let's not trash the guy because of a t-shirt, especially before we talk to him.'

Kinda doubt it, but it's possible. I certainly hope we at least get some common sense involved.

:keeponadiggin:
Anybody who promotes OAN in any way deserves to be trashed. 

Why was it EVER an issue?

Meet privately with Gundy if you have a problem with a t-shirt he's wearing.

Holy ####. What are they trying to prove? How tough they are?

Give me a break.

Users who are viewing this thread