What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Several Cowboys & Texans Test Positive for COVID19 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd add that players should be tested before every practice too (as long as the NFL/Teams are paying for these tests).  It's a quick and easy test, why not over test anyone? 

Interesting take on eliminating TNF and MNF... not sure the league would lose this revenue.

I'd almost eliminate families in boxes too.  Unless you're testing all of them as they enter too.  Test everyone who steps foot in that stadium.  All older/immune compromised stadium staff, team staff, family, etc... absolutely banned from entering stadium.  Pay them to stay out if you have to, its a no brainer investment for the league.

I'm sure there will be crowd noise.  And you can be very creative with the sounds/volumes too based on what's happening every second on the field.  AFL does it now and you can't tell it's not a packed stadium unless you look.
How about, as a last resort if things are still awful, the league plays AFC games odd weeks and NFC games even weeks. You play 6 games against your division and 4 games against another division in your conference. None against the other conference. 10 game season for each conference, 20 weeks of games for the league. 1 Saturday night, 5 games Sunday day, 1 Sunday night, 1 game Monday night. Now you can offset some of the Covid risk by reducing games/injuries/exposure and when a team has a few players who get it they’re less likely to miss multiple games. Of course that game missed will now be 10% of the season.

It would also set up a more realistic possibility of quarantining players. You get tested, you play, you get tested, you get a few days off to spend with your family, you come back in Friday/Saturday, get tested again and then you’re staying in a team hotel while prepping for the next game.

You could also do what baseball discussed- realign divisions for this year. Put Baltimore, Philly, Washington, Pittsburgh in one. Pats, Jets, Giants, Bills. Panthers, Saints, Jags, Falcons. Reduce long flights, bus when possible (is loading a bus even considered safer than loading a private jet for a short flight?). I think the league will implement the testing/safety precautions necessary to play their season without going to these other measures but part of the reason I’m optimistic about some sort of the season is that they’ve got many many people a whole lot more engrossed in this stuff than us working on outside-the-box alternatives to find a way to put something on the field. Rather than punt on a few billion dollars or whatever it is.  

Oh nooo. Never mind. I could lose an arm in cantina. 
Please drop this and keep this thread in the Shark Pool 100% on how this relates to the NFL. There are huge threads in our other forums where folks are talking about everything else as it relates to this very serious issue. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread