What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How long since your last “professional” haircut? (1 Viewer)

When was the last time you paid a barber or stylist cut your hair?

• Less than a week ago

Votes: 19 10.3%
  • Less than two weeks ago

Votes: 12 6.5%
  • Less than a month ago

Votes: 18 9.8%
  • Less than two months ago

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Less than three months ago

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Since The Before Times

Votes: 77 41.8%
  • I don’t pay anyone to cut my hair pandemic or not

Votes: 47 25.5%

• Total voters
Got mine cut right before stuff started shutting down.  I usually get it cut pretty short.  Kind of a mop right now with the sides feathered and the back starting to curl like the 80s.  I've actually gotten some compliments and my bald/balding friends are jealous.  ;)  

I think that was about the same for me.  I know it was right before the shut down.  
Yeah, it was one week before SF shut down.  I figured what was coming so I got it cut shorter than usual.  Barbers here will have been closed for three months effective tomorrow.

I mentioned it in one of the other haircut threads but my barber had just reopened the week before shutdown after repairing damage from a fire last November.  Those guys can't catch a break.

About 4 months here, I was in need of one right before the lockdown. I actually kind of wanted to grow my hair out so it has worked well. I’ll get a professional cut sometime this summer to tame it a bit but I’m taking advantage of the gift that has been given with this and keeping it longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Late Feb.

Finally got one scheduled for the 29th. Been lightly trimming the sides and back to keep respectable looking for video meetings but it's starting to get rough.

Late Feb.

Finally got one scheduled for the 29th. Been lightly trimming the sides and back to keep respectable looking for video meetings but it's starting to get rough.
Yeah, I’ve done some trimming on the side as well, I don’t need my hair growing into my ears. 

Right before Presidents’ Day 

I did try cutting it with my beard trimmer sometime in April I think, then had to borrow someone’s clippers to get it fixed

Dan Lambskin said:
Right before Presidents’ Day 

I did try cutting it with my beard trimmer sometime in April I think, then had to borrow someone’s clippers to get it fixed
i just did this, but without the fixing part.  lol

El Floppo said:
I was two weeks overdue when it all shut down. Add three more months to that.
About the same here. Almost man bun length these days. Can definitely pull it back to keep it out of my face if needed, but the sides aren't quite long enough yet.

Goes well with my civil war infantry beard.

Seriously, it's been since Before The Times, I've got some kind of weird half assed, halfway mullet b/c I'm old and the sides/back grow twice as fast as the front/top.  I look like a bigger idiot than normal, my hair feels way too long, way too dry and it feels old (like pizza that was left out overnight) and I'm ready to shave it all off at this point!

My wife usually cuts my hair, but I last went to a barber in May of 2019.

ETA: I usually get my hair cut to the shortest setting on the clippers, because the proverbial tide is receding, but I'm not quite ready for the Mr. Clean look

Last cut was late February.  I was due when the lockdown started.  I'm not going to get it cut until I have to go back to work, and maybe not even then.  I think it is pretty stupid they are starting plans to bring us back when we are doing perfectly fine at home, so I think my haircut avoidance will be my civil disobedience on that front.

Started wearing it longer on top last year, so the top is getting pretty long.  I'm going for the John Bender look, but the sides have a long way to go.

just a couple weeks ago - Ohio waited about a week after ohio opened haricuts back up

Before that it had been close to 6 months

last Friday: my wife got feed up and called the barber to see when they would be opening and it just so happened to be that very day. 

:hot:  

I really miss my luxurious long hair... 

ETA: I did keep the mustache tho

March 19th - snuck one in at the start of the lockdown.

Then shaved my head in mid-May and staying with that since.  Given my hairline's retreat the past couple years it was going to need to happen at some point, so the shutdown gave me the nudge to go ahead with it.

During the lockdown-- for Mothers Day--I arranged with my hair stylist to come to the house and give my mother a cut/color and myself a cut.   I set up parameters--he'd have to walk through our side yard and the cutting will happen in our backyard. I put out extension cords, set up a table that I wiped down with sanitizer,  I put my commercial size uv-c chamber on the table (and all of his scissors, combs, trimmers, cutting equipment, capes..etc were to be put in the chamber before they were used on us), and all us had to wear masks and gloves.  One of my buddies is a doctor and he really gave me advice on how to arrange things to be conducted as safely as possible. 

I'm going to skew the numbers a tick.  I had my sister (a super high-end hairstylist) cut my hair and beard before I had a job interview last week.  I bought her a bottle of vodka.  

She cut my boy's hair too.  

We look much, much better now.

Last haircut was first weekend of Feb. Had one one scheduled for first weekend in March but didn’t go. Currently scheduled for Fri. It’s time.

My daughter is a licensed cosmetologist, she cuts my hair every two weeks, but I don't pay her.  Instead I feed here and she lives home rent free. 

Last time I paid was about 2 years ago. Therefore, I don’t pay anyone to cut my hair pandemic or not.

Last professional haircut was first week in March.  A few weeks ago I got desperate enough to let my wife cut it.  Turns out she's pretty good at it.

I got mine cut today.

About a month and half after my last haircut three months ago, I tried to cut my own hair. At first, I used clippers at a "5" for the sides and back. I thought it came out pretty well, but I noticed about an hour later that I missed a spot. So I re-did it with the clippers only to see a big pile of hair fly off. I forgot to put the "5" back on. It was basically cut on a "0". Grr.

I had to go with a "1" to even things out. I don't know if I ever had it that short in my life. I even left the top long, but I found myself trimming it over the next couple of days because it looked ridiculous. My gf was laughing pretty hard and just told me to leave it alone until my next real haircut.

Got it done today. The stylist said that it didn't look bad, so I guess all the trimming helped out some. Anyway, I'm glad to have that nightmare behind me.

Early Feb was the last time I paid someone to cut it.

My wife has turned into a pretty good barber during the lockdown.  I doubt I'll pay for another haircut again.

Users who are viewing this thread