What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Conservative Black Movement (1 Viewer)

It exists. But it’s not going anywhere until the Republicans accept the truth of systemic racism in law enforcement, really try to deal with it, and get rid of the racists in the party (starting with the President.) Once that happens they have a chance at attracting more blacks, who tend to be more conservative as a general rule. 

It exists. But it’s not going anywhere until the Republicans accept the truth of systemic racism in law enforcement, really try to deal with it, and get rid of the racists in the party (starting with the President.) Once that happens they have a chance at attracting more blacks, who tend to be more conservative as a general rule. 
I appreciate your input.

I really just wanted to get the ball rolling & see what people think instead of simply denying it exists.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously, one of the keys is getting them to the polls.

They'll take the time if there's enough on the line.

Passion means votes.

Best Twitter handle among conservative blacks?

My vote goes to Trump's Black Grandson. LOL

Dude helped 36 people register to vote & 11 were former Dems.

Does anyone know anything about a walkaway movement? It's geared towards people walking away from the Democratic party. I guess the membership is really spiking.

Supposedly, it now has over 250K members on FB.

Any conservatives here heard of it? Has anyone joined it?

Does anyone know anything about a walkaway movement? It's geared towards people walking away from the Democratic party. I guess the membership is really spiking.

Supposedly, it now has over 250K members on FB.

Any conservatives here heard of it? Has anyone joined it?
Yes....we've even had multiple threads on it here.  Here's one.  The first I heard about it was 3-4 years ago.  It was supposed to be huge in the 2018 election cycle.  No idea on the size, but to me, it'd be a problem if it had been around for that long and just now getting to the 250K mark....we have over 300 million people in this country.

I did Google "black conservative movement".  This was the first link listed.  Seems to be four people, purporting to be black, and a website with literally no ideas, information, or policy proposals, just some links to donate money.  I'm finding it hard to take this one very seriously.

I appreciate your input.

I really just wanted to get the ball rolling & see what people think instead of simply denying it exists.

Yes....we've even had multiple threads on it here.  Here's one.  The first I heard about it was 3-4 years ago.  It was supposed to be huge in the 2018 election cycle.  No idea on the size, but to me, it'd be a problem if it had been around for that long and just now getting to the 250K mark....we have over 300 million people in this country.
90% voted democrat according to this   Turnout wasn't very high.

I did Google "black conservative movement".  This was the first link listed.  Seems to be four people, purporting to be black, and a website with literally no ideas, information, or policy proposals, just some links to donate money.  I'm finding it hard to take this one very seriously.
You are forgetting about the few people that FJ knows.

They have to realize that the Dems are just using them for their vote, and that as things currently stand, the conservative mindset of self reliance, instead of a safety net, will serve them better.

The left's narrative of white conservatives being a buncha racists is no longer relevant, yet it's shouted from the rooftops and used as much as possible.  The reality is, there are more and more black folks in prominent positions, in our society, and the racism is being bred out of us.....the pockets of racist groups are exaggerated and now anytime you see armed white people they must be a racist militia, right?

As a white American who grew up rurally, we were presented with constant stereotypes of the black culture portrayed as gang bangers, vulgar rappers, etc...on the flip side black folks from the city can tend to think country white folks are nothin but a buncha hill Billy racists....stereotypes can persist if you live in a isolated environments.  One of the benefits of the instantaneous exchange of information we now have is people who are more isolated culturally have the access to information they maybe had a hard time getting before.....my point being, white conservative America is evolving.....now theres plenty of fear out there still, but as we see past the stereotypes, we are realizing that most Americans aren't seeing color anymore, and we don't want to.......but which party continues to push the identity politics?  And do they really care about advancing minorities?  Or are they keeping the fear alive so people can be manipulated?

.but which party continues to push the identity politics?  And do they really care about advancing minorities?  Or are they keeping the fear alive so people can be manipulated?
  • Republicans.  The tribal us versus them mindset as opposed to "better together" or "it takes a village".
  • They only care about themselves and those close to them.   (remember "self reliance" part in the first sentence.)
  • Oh God  YES!  Conservative talk radio and Fox and Sinclair are all about keeping their audience afraid and angry.   And then projecting this to "both sides".

They have to realize that the Dems are just using them for their vote, and that as things currently stand, the conservative mindset of self reliance, instead of a safety net, will serve them better.

The left's narrative of white conservatives being a buncha racists is no longer relevant, yet it's shouted from the rooftops and used as much as possible.  The reality is, there are more and more black folks in prominent positions, in our society, and the racism is being bred out of us.....the pockets of racist groups are exaggerated and now anytime you see armed white people they must be a racist militia, right?

As a white American who grew up rurally, we were presented with constant stereotypes of the black culture portrayed as gang bangers, vulgar rappers, etc...on the flip side black folks from the city can tend to think country white folks are nothin but a buncha hill Billy racists....stereotypes can persist if you live in a isolated environments.  One of the benefits of the instantaneous exchange of information we now have is people who are more isolated culturally have the access to information they maybe had a hard time getting before.....my point being, white conservative America is evolving.....now theres plenty of fear out there still, but as we see past the stereotypes, we are realizing that most Americans aren't seeing color anymore, and we don't want to.......but which party continues to push the identity politics?  And do they really care about advancing minorities?  Or are they keeping the fear alive so people can be manipulated?

Donald Trump is the President.

• Republicans.  The tribal us versus them mindset as opposed to "better together" or "it takes a village".
  • They only care about themselves and those close to them.   (remember "self reliance" part in the first sentence.)
  • Oh God  YES!  Conservative talk radio and Fox and Sinclair are all about keeping their audience afraid and angry.   And then projecting this to "both sides".
Oh there's fear mongering on both sides for sure.....I listen to a wide variety of stuff, and I can tell you that conservative talking heads don't care about race.  They care about the constitution, personal rights, the economy, abortion, not being PC, etc......the fear mongering I see being pushed by the right typically has to do with losing constitutional rights, ie, gun control.....

We are all tribal......

I've got a buddy who moved several years from rural OR to Seattle.....it was his dream...he's a big music guy...super good dude without a racist bone in his body.....well he's slowly come to the realization that he doesn't like it there.....his reasoning?  To paraphrase him...."Seattle has the most intolerant people I've ever met. They make fun of people from small towns as racist and judgemental without even knowing what they are talking about."

Donald Trump is the President.
Yea, but does he really care about race?  I think he cares about money.  I think he's non-PC, arrogant, and an #######.......sure, he's a rich old white guy who's done some shady #### in his past, but let's be honest here, our two party system is corrupt. There is big money being exchanged, and none of this started with Trump.....I'm not a huge fan becausd I think he lacks diplomacy, tact, and humility, but I think he really wants to make America economically strong, that's it......maybe I'm wrong.

Yea, but does he really care about race?  I think he cares about money.  I think he's non-PC, arrogant, and an #######.......sure, he's a rich old white guy who's done some shady #### in his past, but let's be honest here, our two party system is corrupt. There is big money being exchanged, and none of this started with Trump.....I'm not a huge fan becausd I think he lacks diplomacy, tact, and humility, but I think he really wants to make America economically strong, that's it......maybe I'm wrong.
First and foremost he cares about Donald Trump.  Probably 2nd and 3rd.   

You can't ignore comments about other countries, people coming in from Mexico, etc.. though.    He either thinks those things, or going back to #1 he thinks that's what the people elected him think and want to hear.  Neither are good.  

Why would you listen to this small minority of black voices vs. the majority of other back voices?

The title of this thread is The Conservative Black Movement.
Touche my good man.....

But our whole world is currently neck deep in identity politics.....there's really no avoiding it at the moment.

There's always going to be a bit of identity politics.....until there isn't....that day will prolly never come.

My point is the left uses it to their advantage.  Just like they use climate change......the right uses Christians, taxes, yada, yada, yada.

I've read such thoughts a number of times.  I doesn't make practical sense to me.  Reducing the safety net (I assume reductions to food stamps, section 8, etc.) will fix the problems of discrimination, education, etc.?  It just seems like some bizarre libertarian fantasy.

I've read such thoughts a number of times.  I doesn't make practical sense to me.  Reducing the safety net (I assume reductions to food stamps, section 8, etc.) will fix the problems of discrimination, education, etc.?  It just seems like some bizarre libertarian fantasy.
To add to this, here's the message it sends to African-Americans:  The real problem is we've been too nice to you.  If we stop giving you so much government money, you'll find that you'll work harder and be more successful.  Not quite a convincing message.

I think some people's shorts are torched. Haha.

I'm simply wanting to discuss it. Black people have been failed. End of story. How/why? Well, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to determine who they've been voting for since forever.

Oh, this movement real, BOYEE.

BTW, that walkaway movement is quite a bit more intense than Dems are making it out to be. A whole #### load of interesting comments from walkaway, LOL.

Gonna continue to check things out. Glad I got back into politics...

Do some more diggin'.

I think some people's shorts are torched. Haha.

I'm simply wanting to discuss it. Black people have been failed. End of story. How/why? Well, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to determine who they've been voting for since forever.

Oh, this movement real, BOYEE.

BTW, that walkaway movement is quite a bit more intense than what I'm seeing in the comments (by libs). A whole #### load of interesting comments from walkaway, LOL.

Gonna continue to check things out. Glad I got back into politics...
The logic leap you seem to be making is that black people "have been failed" because they have voted for Democrats.  I'm not sure what leads you to that conclusion.

The logic leap you seem to be making is that black people "have been failed" because they have voted for Democrats.  I'm not sure what leads you to that conclusion.
Well, let's talk about it...

I'm just now getting into this. Things like Dems voting to make it harder for black kids to go to a better school is something I'm looking into. The reason can't be because they're worried about taking some money away from failing schools (there's a thread about it on here).

I'll be hanging around this thread & hope to get some honest discussion going.

BTW, the #1 thing conservative blacks are preaching? Self-responsibility. The next thing I hear is education (they've been failed).

Users who are viewing this thread