What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fauci says no NFL this year. If true, how will you be ending your life? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've adjusted to life without sports rather easily. Considering the fact both my AFC and NFC teams have sucked for a decade or more, yea, I can do without. I'm pretty close to  to zero viewership already. I can get why people with a team actually worth rooting for would feel differently.

I honestly wouldn't really care

I've adjusted to life without sports rather easily. Considering the fact both my AFC and NFC teams have sucked for a decade or more, yea, I can do without. I'm pretty close to  to zero viewership already. I can get why people with a team actually worth rooting for would feel differently.
I call BS. Both of you are posting on a fantasy football website on an early Friday evening. I don't even have an NFL team, I would just miss the fantasy. My dynasty team is win now. It would absolutely suck to lose a year of that.

I'd be shocked if he was right. There is simply too much money involved to cancel. Fully expecting all sports to be up and running by then too. The COVID stuff has already passed in the eyes of many, and it'll be near impossible to put a top back on that box. 

It is entirely possible there are zero fans, and that teams play at limited sites.

I call BS. Both of you are posting on a fantasy football website on an early Friday evening. I don't even have an NFL team, I would just miss the fantasy. My dynasty team is win now. It would absolutely suck to lose a year of that.
meh, im at work. I really wouldn't care. for me, building a dynasty in the offseason is the fun part. playing the season is a chore.

My hunch is that NFL owners are too greedy to allow this possibility, but we'll see.
Agreed. And not to get political but the last thing Washington DC wants is for the people to not get their football. Bread and circuses! I want my ####### circus. Even if half the league has Covid I think we play on.

I haven't participated in FF in well over a decade. :shrug:

I'm home on a Friday because I just got out of the hospital and am on lockdown, all while coming off a time out. I have literally nothing better to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love when people say there’s too much money to be lost to cancel the season. Um hello, the economic cost of coronavirus is measured in trillions. NFL overhead is a drop in the bucket and they will of course figure out a way to remain solvent. Franchises are canceling team activities due to positives left and right at the moment. Not looking good unless they move the league to New Zealand.

ETA- Jerry Jones owns a $250 million yacht. That’s in the ballpark of the total construction cost for some teams’ stadiums. The NFL can and will weather this issue without risking lives.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, there are lots of threads in the other forums talking masks or other non football topics. Please take that there and keep this all on football. Thanks. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread