Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DirtyCashDylan

Fauci says no NFL this year. If true, how will you be ending your life?

He may be right, or he may be wrong. Just like everything else he’s said. He hasn’t exactly been spot on with his comments. 

• Like 2

I think the season will happen. 

Bucs gonna hoist that Lombardi trophy with style. 

• Laughing 1

I've adjusted to life without sports rather easily. Considering the fact both my AFC and NFC teams have sucked for a decade or more, yea, I can do without. I'm pretty close to  to zero viewership already. I can get why people with a team actually worth rooting for would feel differently.

34 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

I honestly wouldn't really care

14 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

I've adjusted to life without sports rather easily. Considering the fact both my AFC and NFC teams have sucked for a decade or more, yea, I can do without. I'm pretty close to  to zero viewership already. I can get why people with a team actually worth rooting for would feel differently.

I call BS. Both of you are posting on a fantasy football website on an early Friday evening. I don't even have an NFL team, I would just miss the fantasy. My dynasty team is win now. It would absolutely suck to lose a year of that.

• Like 6

I'd be shocked if he was right. There is simply too much money involved to cancel. Fully expecting all sports to be up and running by then too. The COVID stuff has already passed in the eyes of many, and it'll be near impossible to put a top back on that box. 

It is entirely possible there are zero fans, and that teams play at limited sites.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DirtyCashDylan said:

I call BS. Both of you are posting on a fantasy football website on an early Friday evening. I don't even have an NFL team, I would just miss the fantasy. My dynasty team is win now. It would absolutely suck to lose a year of that.

meh, im at work. I really wouldn't care. for me, building a dynasty in the offseason is the fun part. playing the season is a chore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

1 minute ago, fruity pebbles said:

meh, im at work. I really wouldn't care. for me, building a dynasty in the offseason is the fun part. playing the season is a chore.

This.

How many threads are going to be created on this?

25 minutes ago, ICON211 said:

People still value his opinion?

:goodposting:

12 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

You should hire a manager.

• Like 1

My hunch is that NFL owners are too greedy to allow this possibility, but we'll see.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, I-ROK said:

How many threads are going to be created on this?

:goodposting:

link to other thread?

30 minutes ago, EBF said:

My hunch is that NFL owners are too greedy to allow this possibility, but we'll see.

Agreed. And not to get political but the last thing Washington DC wants is for the people to not get their football. Bread and circuses! I want my ####### circus. Even if half the league has Covid I think we play on.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, DirtyCashDylan said:

I haven't participated in FF in well over a decade. :shrug:

I'm home on a Friday because I just got out of the hospital and am on lockdown, all while coming off a time out. I have literally nothing better to do.

Edited by DallasDMac
  • Like 1

I would definitely miss it. Lots of cold Sundays sitting on the couch. 

Posted (edited)

I love when people say there’s too much money to be lost to cancel the season. Um hello, the economic cost of coronavirus is measured in trillions. NFL overhead is a drop in the bucket and they will of course figure out a way to remain solvent. Franchises are canceling team activities due to positives left and right at the moment. Not looking good unless they move the league to New Zealand.

ETA- Jerry Jones owns a $250 million yacht. That’s in the ballpark of the total construction cost for some teams’ stadiums. The NFL can and will weather this issue without risking lives.

Edited by fredsavage

12 hours ago, IHEARTFF said:

My bot theory holding strong

Please be more cool to posters here. Do not accuse posters of being bots. Thank you. 

• Thanks 1

Also, there are lots of threads in the other forums talking masks or other non football topics. Please take that there and keep this all on football. Thanks. 

Posted (edited)

@FBG Moderator I’m not exactly sure a thread about suicide in a time where suicide is at a high is a great discussion to have... just my :2cents:

Suicide is nothing to joke about 

Edited by I-ROK
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, I-ROK said:

@FBG Moderator I’m not exactly sure a thread about suicide in a time where suicide is at a high is a great discussion to have... just my :2cents:

Suicide is nothing to joke about 

Agreed. Sorry we didn't see this earlier.