What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bored..?..Help Ref Draft...2020 No Mercy 12 Team...I got 1.01 (1 Viewer)

Stinkin Ref

IBL Representative
Got invited a couple a years ago to do this one.....they have different tiers.....won the Guppy league my first year and advanced up the ladder.....not so good last year..

wouldn't mind a little help from you guys as a little something to get us through the summer.....

I was able to be the first to chose draft slot so I took the 1.01 although I almost went for the 12 hole....

check out the league here

https://www55.myfantasyleague.com/2020/home/47130#0

I'm itching to take Jackson over McCaffrey......talk me off the ledge.....

maybe starting tomorrow AM.....but not sure....

:banned:

:coffee:

:popcorn:

Got invited a couple a years ago to do this one.....they have different tiers.....won the Guppy league my first year and advanced up the ladder.....not so good last year..

wouldn't mind a little help from you guys as a little something to get us through the summer.....

I was able to be the first to chose draft slot so I took the 1.01 although I almost went for the 12 hole....

check out the league here

https://www55.myfantasyleague.com/2020/home/47130#0

I'm itching to take Jackson over McCaffrey......talk me off the ledge.....

maybe starting tomorrow AM.....but not sure....

:banned:

:coffee:

If you want Jackson, trade down to the 12 spot.

🍿

Just saw they posted about wanting new members, so I sent an e-mail. Killing me with talk of taking a qb at 1.01 in a 1 qb league

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry it just seemed like Jackson's weekly advantage in this league every week was crazy last year....he was a TD better than everybody every week......no way CMC repeats last year....I get VBD and all....but man..

Be glad to help you out with making sure CMC drops to 1.04 😈

Getting a quality QB is important. Also to get one that minimizes turnovers. Not as important anymore since they’ve gone to PPR and fractional points when WRs previously weren’t worth much. 

sorry it just seemed like Jackson's weekly advantage in this league every week was crazy last year....he was a TD better than everybody every week......no way CMC repeats last year....I get VBD and all....but man..
Last year isn't this year.  Wouldn't surprise me to see whoever drafts Mahommie at 2.11 best your 1.1 LJax.  

Last year isn't this year.  Wouldn't surprise me to see whoever drafts Mahommie at 2.11 best your 1.1 LJax.  
lol...2.11...if that happens I'll be pissed, but based on Great White draft, probably not happening.... I'm going CMC.....the changes they have made help and I know QB wasn't the way to go when push came to shove....I do like to gain some separation from the field and QB is one place you can sometimes get some each week....

link to the "winners" Great White draft which had to kick off first before ours could start.....

https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2020/options?L=49306&O=17 

lol....Mahomes gone at 1.05 and Jackson almost made it through round 2.....

sorry guys.....missed the announcement of draft start....my mom went to hospice on Thursday and passed away on Sunday.... was going cmc anyway....so all good......help me....throw thoughts in if you want to follow along.... :coffee:

I took CEH and Godwin at my turn. Would have taken Kittle over CEH had he made it 1 more pick. Was  torn between Allen Robinson/DJ Moore and CEH/4net. Just feel so much more comfortable  with the later wr's than the later rb's. 

by_the_sea_wannabe said:
I took CEH and Godwin at my turn. Would have taken Kittle over CEH had he made it 1 more pick. Was  torn between Allen Robinson/DJ Moore and CEH/4net. Just feel so much more comfortable  with the later wr's than the later rb's. 
agree with the greater comfort with the early RBs and later WRs -- My Guppy draft thus far...............

Dalvin Cook at 1.6 as the #5 RB - have to admit I wanted to start with Michael Thomas who went one pick earlier, but happy with Cook unless he holds out

Julio Jones at 2.7 as the #4 WR - big fan of Julio Jones

L. Fournette at 3.6 as the #16 RB - not as thrilled with him in 2020, but he has such a work load in the past

A. J. Brown at 4.7 as the #17 WR - huge fan of Brown at Ole Miss and he showed the same dominance as a rookie, needs targets

Dev. Parker at 5.6 as the #24 WR - preferred Sutton, but he went one pick prior

surprised at a few picks, two QBs in the 1st round was a bit of an eye opener and then Murray in the 3rd round as QB 3, a shocker to me. Kareem Hunt at the top of the 4th round and Jonathan Taylor in the early 5th as the first rookie RB.

hated that turn - took d. williams - didn't take because of CEH he was the best rb left for me / Took the upside of M. Brown over the bengals wr's. Thought about Waller

was really hoping for akers/dak/wilson

looking forward to my next pick, only two more then me and I have three selections I really like.

looking forward to my next pick, only two more then me and I have three selections I really like.
got Waller my first on the three person list. Completed my basic starting line up...

• QB D. Prescott
  • RB D. Cook
  • RB Fournette
  • WR Julio Jones
  • WR AJ Brown
  • WR D. Parker
  • TE Waller

1.01 Christian McCaffrey

3.01 CEH

2.12 Mike Evans

4.12 AJ Brown

5.01 JuJu Smith Schuster

not in love with the CEH pick but went with upside over concerns about Gurley and something about Fournette just doesn't feel right....I almost took a WR instead of CEH as I thought Mostert would make it back to me at the 4-5 turn....he didn't so guess getting a RB is okay

debated a bunch of options at 4-5.....almost pulled the trigger on Sutton and or Metcalf....but talked myself into thinking DEN now has too many options and Metcalf may not get enough targets and I would be chasing TD's.....Brown was pretty much a beast......and while I am not a JuJu fan he did have like 160 targets or something two years ago, Ben seems to like him and will be back, and I saw he may retrun to the slot since they drafted Claypool.....which I think would be gold...

couple crazy picks in my draft....Higbee early (4.01) which really bummed me as he was going to be a target....Herbert at 5.03..... :eek:

1.01 Christian McCaffrey

3.01 CEH

2.12 Mike Evans

4.12 AJ Brown

5.01 JuJu Smith Schuster

not in love with the CEH pick but went with upside over concerns about Gurley and something about Fournette just doesn't feel right....I almost took a WR instead of CEH as I thought Mostert would make it back to me at the 4-5 turn....he didn't so guess getting a RB is okay

debated a bunch of options at 4-5.....almost pulled the trigger on Sutton and or Metcalf....but talked myself into thinking DEN now has too many options and Metcalf may not get enough targets and I would be chasing TD's.....Brown was pretty much a beast......and while I am not a JuJu fan he did have like 160 targets or something two years ago, Ben seems to like him and will be back, and I saw he may retrun to the slot since they drafted Claypool.....which I think would be gold...

couple crazy picks in my draft....Higbee early (4.01) which really bummed me as he was going to be a target....Herbert at 5.03..... :eek:
really thought you got bargains at the 4/5 turn but Sutton would also have been good.

got Waller my first on the three person list. Completed my basic starting line up...

• QB1 D. Prescott 6.7 QB5
  • RB1 D. Cook 1.6 RB5
  • RB2 Fournette 3.6 RB16
  • RB2 James White 8.7 RB33
  • RB4 Kerryon Johnson 10.7 RB42
  • WR1 Julio Jones 2.7 WR 4
  • WR2 AJ Brown 4.7 WR17
  • WR3 D. Parker 5.6 WR24
  • WR4 Deebo Samuel 9.6 WR45
  • TE Waller 7.6 TE5

hated that turn - took d. williams - didn't take because of CEH he was the best rb left for me / Took the upside of M. Brown over the bengals wr's. Thought about Waller

was really hoping for akers/dak/Wilson
interesting strategy all RBs and WRs thus far, so plentiful depth both positions

interesting strategy all RBs and WRs thus far, so plentiful depth both positions
I would argue that qb and te are very deep. Just got Wentz at the 10/11 which is who I would have taken in the the 6th/7th if I had selected a qb. TE's after the top 4 are all relatively equal to me till about 18. If I wasn't on the end, I probably would have passed on Hurst but just hard to tell when backups will be taken. I don't agree at all that rb's are plentiful

Might have taken Brady instead of Wentz/ coin flip

I would argue that qb and te are very deep. Just got Wentz at the 10/11 which is who I would have taken in the the 6th/7th if I had selected a qb. TE's after the top 4 are all relatively equal to me till about 18. If I wasn't on the end, I probably would have passed on Hurst but just hard to tell when backups will be taken. I don't agree at all that rb's are plentiful

Might have taken Brady instead of Wentz/ coin flip
your depth is plentiful not RBs in general, it was a congrats on your RB depth (McCaffrey, CEH, Dm Williams & Vaughn). I also went heavy at RB (D. Cook, Fournette, Jms White & Kerryon Johnson). It is a minefield going forward at RB in my opinion.

Wentz Carson PHI QB

Roethlisberger BenPIT QB (Q)

McCaffrey ChristianCAR RB

Edwards-Helaire ClydeKCC RB

Vaughn Ke'ShawnTBB RB
Williams DamienKCC RB

Kelley JoshuaLAC RB

Godwin ChrisTBB WR

Woods RobertLAR WR

Chark D.J.JAC WR

Jones MarvinDET WR

Brown MarquiseBAL WR (Q)
Campbell ParrisIND WR

Pittman Michael IND WR

Hurst HaydenATL TE
Smith JonnuTEN TE

Gould RobbieSFO PK
Eagles, Philadelphia PHI Def

9.01 Tom Brady

1.01 Christian McCaffrey
3.01 CEH
7.01 Kareem Hunt

2.12 Mike Evans
4.12 AJ Brown
5.01 JuJu Smith Schuster
6.12 T.Y. Hilton 
8.12 Marvin Jones

6/7 turn…knew I was passing on Damien Williams and that hurt a little as the KC RB situation is a little muddy and he wouldn’t make it back to 8/9…..but felt Hunt was the play….hoping the Hilton/Rivers connection works even though I am a little pessimistic….but Hilton is a very good NFL receiver…

8/9 turn….struggled a bit here deciding what direction to go…..Jones at his price is on a bunch of my teams….he may have been overkill and drafting bench depth over some other positions is a little risky….he and Stafford were beasting before injuries…I should be able to focus elsewhere for the rest of the draft…almost passed on Brady, but knew he, Stafford, and Rodgers would not make it back and I wanted one of the 3….Brady got the nod as Stafford has some questions and Rodgers weapons are limited….I kept going over Brady’s weapons and just couldn’t pass…Ronald Jones was a big consideration here and I may regret passing on him for Marvin…

I have some TE’s I like that should make it back…oping a couple RB options I like fall....

9.01 Tom Brady

1.01 Christian McCaffrey
3.01 CEH
7.01 Kareem Hunt

2.12 Mike Evans
4.12 AJ Brown
5.01 JuJu Smith Schuster
6.12 T.Y. Hilton 
8.12 Marvin Jones

6/7 turn…knew I was passing on Damien Williams and that hurt a little as the KC RB situation is a little muddy and he wouldn’t make it back to 8/9…..but felt Hunt was the play….hoping the Hilton/Rivers connection works even though I am a little pessimistic….but Hilton is a very good NFL receiver…

8/9 turn….struggled a bit here deciding what direction to go…..Jones at his price is on a bunch of my teams….he may have been overkill and drafting bench depth over some other positions is a little risky….he and Stafford were beasting before injuries…I should be able to focus elsewhere for the rest of the draft…almost passed on Brady, but knew he, Stafford, and Rodgers would not make it back and I wanted one of the 3….Brady got the nod as Stafford has some questions and Rodgers weapons are limited….I kept going over Brady’s weapons and just couldn’t pass…Ronald Jones was a big consideration here and I may regret passing on him for Marvin…

I have some TE’s I like that should make it back…oping a couple RB options I like fall....
Shocked that you went Hunt over Dami Williams, but love your WR corps.

Stinkin Ref Final Product….no thanks to you schmucks….

9.01 Tom Brady QB12 TB13
14.12 Jared Goff QB20 LAR9

Of QB’s drafted in this league, these two had the two most pass attempts last year.  Obviously Brady has switched teams but should still be chucking it.  I have seen projections kind of all over the map for him, but most have him in top 10, some top 5.  You can’t argue his weapons and the RB’s aren’t anything to write home about, so once in the red zone, I think Arians will want the ball in Tom’s hands as much as possible. Who knows what happens with the Ram running game, so I see a ton of attempts there again.  For very little investment, I like this combo. Goff as QB20 seems a bargain at 14-15 turn.

1.01 Christian McCaffrey RB1 CAR13 
3.01 Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB14 KCC10 
7.01 Kareem Hunt RB29 CLE9
12.12 Matt Breida RB50 MIA11
13.01 Tomy Pollard RB51 DAL10

Got quite a bit hinging on CEH, but am fine with Hunt as a weekly play.  Breida could be the RB1 there quickly.  Pollard some standalone value and an injury home run.  Starting with CMAC allowed some room for chance taking.  If he goes down, yeah I am in a world of hurt.  His backup will be one of my first additions when free agent bidding opens and I lose somebody. Gonna let that play out a little though. If, and it’s a big if, but if CEH is a big part of the offense, this may go from one of the riskiest groups in the league to the best. 

2.12 Mike Evans WR7 TB13
4.12 AJ Brown WR16 TEN7
5.01 JuJu Smith Schuster WR17 PIT8
6.12 T.Y. Hilton WR28 IND7 
8.12 Marvin Jones WR39 DET5
15.01 Anthony Miller WR64 CHI11
17.01 Curtis Samuel WR69 CAR13

Just couldn’t pass on the value I felt I got with most of these picks.  Doesn’t happen very often at the turn, but I should have a bump on the league here considering you have to start 3 and there is no flex. Almost just called it quits after Marvin, but felt Miller and Samuel were just falling too far. There wasn’t much else I liked there anyway. Bears receivers are generally on my do not draft list but other people/experts seem to like him this year. 

10.12 T. J. Hockenson TE12 DET5
11.01 Mike Gesicki TE13 MIA11

Saw in some of the other No Mercy drafts that TE’s could be had late, so I waited quite a while here but happy with this combo.  Two up and comers with some break out appeal. 

18.12 Brandon McManus PK17 DEN8

There were (17) PK drafted in this 12 team league.   :eek:  I took the last one and I’m fine with it.

16.12 Los Angeles Rams DST13 (9)

I got no clue on DST’s really.  They seemed like the best one left but I’m not excited about their division so I may be looking elsewhere at some point.

Overall: Starting with CMAC who is like a player and a half in PPR is always a good place to start, but I thought I put together solid groups at each of the other positions as well and RB may be my weakness.  If I get what I think I will out of my TE’s I could contend.  Only 4 teams make the playoffs in this league, (division winners and one WC). We shall see...maybe.  :banned:

Stinkin Ref said:
Stinkin Ref Final Product….no thanks to you schmucks….

9.01 Tom Brady QB12 TB13
14.12 Jared Goff QB20 LAR9

Of QB’s drafted in this league, these two had the two most pass attempts last year.  Obviously Brady has switched teams but should still be chucking it.  I have seen projections kind of all over the map for him, but most have him in top 10, some top 5.  You can’t argue his weapons and the RB’s aren’t anything to write home about, so once in the red zone, I think Arians will want the ball in Tom’s hands as much as possible. Who knows what happens with the Ram running game, so I see a ton of attempts there again.  For very little investment, I like this combo. Goff as QB20 seems a bargain at 14-15 turn.

1.01 Christian McCaffrey RB1 CAR13 
3.01 Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB14 KCC10 
7.01 Kareem Hunt RB29 CLE9
12.12 Matt Breida RB50 MIA11
13.01 Tomy Pollard RB51 DAL10

Got quite a bit hinging on CEH, but am fine with Hunt as a weekly play.  Breida could be the RB1 there quickly.  Pollard some standalone value and an injury home run.  Starting with CMAC allowed some room for chance taking.  If he goes down, yeah I am in a world of hurt.  His backup will be one of my first additions when free agent bidding opens and I lose somebody. Gonna let that play out a little though. If, and it’s a big if, but if CEH is a big part of the offense, this may go from one of the riskiest groups in the league to the best. 

2.12 Mike Evans WR7 TB13
4.12 AJ Brown WR16 TEN7
5.01 JuJu Smith Schuster WR17 PIT8
6.12 T.Y. Hilton WR28 IND7 
8.12 Marvin Jones WR39 DET5
15.01 Anthony Miller WR64 CHI11
17.01 Curtis Samuel WR69 CAR13

Just couldn’t pass on the value I felt I got with most of these picks.  Doesn’t happen very often at the turn, but I should have a bump on the league here considering you have to start 3 and there is no flex. Almost just called it quits after Marvin, but felt Miller and Samuel were just falling too far. There wasn’t much else I liked there anyway. Bears receivers are generally on my do not draft list but other people/experts seem to like him this year. 

10.12 T. J. Hockenson TE12 DET5
11.01 Mike Gesicki TE13 MIA11

Saw in some of the other No Mercy drafts that TE’s could be had late, so I waited quite a while here but happy with this combo.  Two up and comers with some break out appeal. 

18.12 Brandon McManus PK17 DEN8

There were (17) PK drafted in this 12 team league.   :eek:  I took the last one and I’m fine with it.

16.12 Los Angeles Rams DST13 (9)

I got no clue on DST’s really.  They seemed like the best one left but I’m not excited about their division so I may be looking elsewhere at some point.

Overall: Starting with CMAC who is like a player and a half in PPR is always a good place to start, but I thought I put together solid groups at each of the other positions as well and RB may be my weakness.  If I get what I think I will out of my TE’s I could contend.  Only 4 teams make the playoffs in this league, (division winners and one WC). We shall see...maybe.  :banned:

No Mercy Barracuda

notables: ppr and 6 pt TDs for all(including QBs)

1.10    10    Kelce, Travis KCC TE     
2.03    15    Ekeler, Austin LAC RB
3.10    34    Beckham, Odell CLE WR     
4.03    39    Carson, Chris SEA RB 
5.10    58    Hilton, T.Y. IND WR
6.01    61    Wilson, Russell SEA QB
7.10    82    Guice, Derrius WAS RB
8.03    87    Johnson, Diontae PIT WR
9.10    106    Mack, Marlon IND RB
10.03    111    Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB
11.10    130    Samuel, Curtis CAR WR    
12.03    135    Tucker, Justin BAL PK